forum

Keyboard shortcuts in Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
Is there a list somewhere for all of the keyboard shortcuts in Osu?

These are some of the keyboard shortcuts I have found so far. I will update this list as I find them, unless someone posts a complete list of them all. :)

Everywhere in the game
F8 = Open the chat console
F9 = Extended chat mode
F12 = Take a screenshot
escape = Back to the previous screen, or the main menu

Main menu screen
e = Goto the edit screen
o = Goto the options screen
p = Press the 'p' key twice to go straight into the game, instead of clicking on the 'play' and the 'solo' buttons.
q = Quit Osu!
r = Play a random song
left arrow = Play previous song
right arrow = Play next song
up arrow = Song volume increase (this is a temporary setting, the game music volume should be adjusted in the options screen)
down arrow = Song volume decrease (this is a temporary setting, the game music volume should be adjusted in the options screen)
escape = Quit Osu!

Game mode screen
b = Go back to the main menu
r = Play a random song
p = Goto the beatmap selection screen
s = Goto the beatmap selection screen
left arrow = Play previous song
right arrow = Play next song
up arrow = Song volume increase (this is a temporary setting, the game music volume should be adjusted in the options screen)
down arrow = Song volume decrease (this is a temporary setting, the game music volume should be adjusted in the options screen)

Options screen
q = Goto the main menu
left arrow = Can be used to decrease the slider value, when the cursor is on top of the slider
right arrow = Can be used to increase the slider value, when the cursor is on top of the slider

Beatmap selection screen
F1 = Mod selection panel
F2 = Random beatmap
F3 = Beatmap options
F5 = ??? I think it may reload the config settings, textures, etc..
enter = Start a game with the currently selected song
ctrl+r = Select a random song
up arrow = Select the previous song in the list
down arrow = Select the next song in the list
qwerty12345 = Type any words and numbers to search for a song title, artist, or a mapper
backspace = Delete any letters, numbers and words you have typed in the search box

During the game
space = Skip the song intro
space, crtl, z or x = These keys can be used instead of using the mouse buttons during the game
middle mouse button = Brings up the continue, retry and abort menu
mouse wheel = Adjust the master volume for the game, if the feature is enabled in the options screen

Rank screen
F2 = Export a game replay
James
Nice one there. I also edited something that you won't notice. :)
peppy
Nice job. This should be put somewhere on this site. Will bring up in the meeting.
James
aha! no stop button on main menu, and show title
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

James wrote:

aha! no stop button on main menu, and show title
Yes, I was suprised there were no keyboard shortcuts for these, unless I somehow overlooked them. :D

awp wrote:

Also no editor section. Kind of a big one.

Even though most of the editor ones are listed in the editor.
Sorry I don't use the editor, which is why I didn't include any keyboard shortcuts for it. However, it looks like Eyup has already done the keyboard shorcuts for the editor in 'The Beatmap Creation Guide' link that Peppy posted. :)
peppy

adamskii_uk wrote:

Sorry I don't use the editor, which is why I didn't include any keyboard shortcuts for it. However, it looks like peppy has already done the keyboard shorcuts for the editor in 'The Beatmap Creation Guide' link that was stolen by eyup. :)
edited for correctness.
eyup
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
+ = Add 5ms to Custom Offset
- = Remove 5ms to Custom Offset
blacksymbian
Thanks for the facts.. :)

I've played osu for months and it's just now that I knew these keyboard shortcuts.. :oops:
CptFox
Other useful ones, anytime :
F7 : change frame limiter to its next setting (discovered it by missing F8 to open the chat)
F10 : toggles the mouse button enabler : very useful when, like me, like to play both with a mouse or a tablet, in the last case I deactivate mouse buttons to get more z axis freedom ^^
Tshemmp
Epic bump.

Anyway, you can just go to the options to check all hotkeys available.
Zerzxes

adamskii_uk wrote:

Beatmap selection screen
F1 = Mod selection panel
F2 = Random beatmap
F3 = Beatmap options
F5 = ??? I think it may reload the config settings, textures, etc..
enter = Start a game with the currently selected song
ctrl+r = Select a random song
up arrow = Select the previous song in the list
down arrow = Select the next song in the list
qwerty12345 = Type any words and numbers to search for a song title, artist, or a mapper
backspace = Delete any letters, numbers and words you have typed in the search box

Left arrow = select the previous mapset
Rigth arrow = slect the next mapset

up and down scrolls through all diffs.
RaneFire

adamskii_uk wrote:

During the game
space = Skip the song intro
mouse buttons = These buttons can be used instead of using the keyboard keys during the game - corrected to stay relevant
middle mouse button and Mouse4 - side "go back" button = Brings up the continue, retry and abort menu
up / down arrow = Adjust the master volume for the game
mouse wheel = Adjust the master volume for the game, if the feature is enabled in the options screen
Akani
Please Update the shortcut key reference : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Shortcut_Key_Reference
Some of them aren`t working anymore and some new shortcuts aren`t even there
haydenisbeast
How do you restart a beat map during playing it
YourMumsVisa

haydenisbeast wrote:

By Holding Control + 'R' on your keyboard
TruWaifuLord

YourMumsVisa wrote:

haydenisbeast wrote:

By Holding Control + 'R' on your keyboard
You can also press the tilda (~)
MrMcMikey22
how can I screenshot on widesreen, because I have some kind of weird problem being literally unable to screenshot in osu! due to the cut and screenshot app thingy not letting me screenshot things in the osu! desktop or me not knowing where the screenshot button of osu! is because mines on a qwertz layout AND pressing f11 or f12 doesn't work..it sucks..but one that I know is holding the Alt key to set the distant snap distance multiplier.