forum

orangentle / Yu_Asahina - HAELEQUIN (Extended ver.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VINXIS
ranked maps MUST contain source anime
IamKwaN

VINXIS wrote:

ranked maps MUST contain source anime watermelon
pishifat
also #1
ac8129464363
me too lol
Monstrata
not #1
Topic Starter
RLC
len incoming
Len
is this real #1?
pishifat
rlc is the real #1
Ascendance
nominator circlejerk lo
pkk
can just watermelon?
-Visceral-
Am I crazy or are 255,255,255 combo colors unrankable? Coulda sworn I heard about that somewhere idk..
Haruto

Smoothie World wrote:

Am I crazy or are 255,255,255 combo colors unrankable? Coulda sworn I heard about that somewhere idk..
Kinda Agree but, Considering how the BG looks Right now, it doesnt look really bright which could be okay. But seems like a problem when you are setting the background dim to 100% when playing :/.
Surono

dem face `_J`
Spaghetti

Smoothie World wrote:

I think you mean combo color 0,0,0. (black)

Technically any combo color can be unrankable if it blends too much with other aspects of the playfield (such as other object colors, NC's, or backgrounds), but completely black NC's are always unacceptable as they blend in with bg dim.

I find the white NC's fitting, so I don't think they pose any issues.
Okoratu
you're all not really talking about what the issue with white was. I don't know if anyone of dev attempted to fix it but the issue was as follows:

White combocolor and kiai time together are said to create strobing that is generally unpleasant to read and was described as being able to cause epilepsy or something. I don't really know if the white here does that nor can i check right now. I just know it's still a pain to read with hidden. (and if your numbers are white you won't really have a chance to see them lol)

Is this still a thing? (i'm talking about the default skin ofc.)
ac8129464363
the issue with the pure white combo colours in this case applies to its combined effect with kiai flashing. the circles can become almost blindingly bright as a result, detracting from the experience.
however, the lack of clear guidelines anywhere on something like this at the moment leads me to say that it's up to RLC whether he thinks it needs fixing at the moment, especially as there's only a handful of white objects during the kiai.
Lasse
the white gets painful to look at during the kiai if you're using hitcircles without any transparency (like default) or low transparency

but it's only for a few ms each time the kiai flashes happen and there aren't many white combos in the kiai...
Ascendance
my bad for not checking with default skin lol and the other 5 nominators :^)
Kibbleru
white combo colour is unrankable. careful guys
Topic Starter
RLC

Kibbleru wrote:

give proof / source because it's not in the RC. as far as i'm concerned, you are parroting bs. and don't just merely link other maps that have been dq'd for it, because if "it's happened in other maps" isn't a valid defense, then it sure as hell isn't a valid prosecution either.

white definitely wasn't straight up "unrankable" before, since many of the old maps I like to play use it--in fact, some people used white precisely because it's so bright to color slowdown sliders. so assuming you aren't spewing bs, what changed? I remember pretender got unranked because of pure black combo color on one circle, but now you're telling me that white isn't okay because it's too bright?

there's like 10 objects total in the kiai that are white; please
Doyak

RLC wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

give proof / source because it's not in the RC. as far as i'm concerned, you are parroting bs. and don't just merely link other maps that have been dq'd for it, because if "it's happened in other maps" isn't a valid defense, then it sure as hell isn't a valid prosecution either.

white definitely wasn't straight up "unrankable" before, since many of the old maps I like to play use it--in fact, some people used white precisely because it's so bright to color slowdown sliders. so assuming you aren't spewing bs, what changed? I remember pretender got unranked because of pure black combo color on one circle, but now you're telling me that white isn't okay because it's too bright?

there's like 10 objects total in the kiai that are white; please
It's not on RC. But the article "Kiai Time" on the wiki says
"Do not use pure white combo color (255,255,255); it makes Kiai blinding and hurts the eyes."
Karen
it's not written in the RC so i think it‘s supposed to be considered case by case. If the map itself doesn't have the blending issue (or bug?) then it's dumb to forbid a non-existent thing.
I hope this kind of questionable rules can be clarified in the new ranking criteria though.
And i love this map so much <3
Natsu
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/242087&start=0

I remember QATs used to DQ for white and black combo colors
captin1
well after reading the finalization of that thread, it looks like they were wrong to do so on the sole basis of it being 255/255/255 or not
Okoratu
Well the conclusion was that really light and really dark colors have to be considered for readability reasons and only saying pure white would allow someone to do 255,254,255 and say its ok its not pure white etc. Then no one attempted a reword
Kibbleru
oh, maybe im wrong. idk i just heard from somewhere it was unrankable
plz dont hurt me ><
Monstrata
Personally, I never found pure-white kiai flashes blinding at all. I use pure-white on my custom skin xD.
captin1
from there, the discussion turns into "does this combo color in this context cause readability issues" which is much more reasonable

I would affirm that there aren't any reading issues with this map in regards to the white color, and it can be left as is