forum

You guys were right, quitting is impossible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lemonguy
lol I totally lied, please give me the flame that I deserve. You guys were too right about it being impossible to quit (though the only reason I didn't quit actually was because I improved so much that I couldn't let the improvement go to waste lol.
Aurani
One doesn't even need to read the whole essay you wrote to tell you: good job mongrel, you finally realised that games mean literally nothing in your life, and that you should actually do something productive with your, arguably limited, energy.

You're one step closer to succeeding in life now. Congratulations, and don't even think of playing the game again for more than an hour or two when you absolutely have to... it's just a massive time sponge, and it won't do you any good either. That is coming from my heart, considering you apparently had at least more common sense than the average mongrel here to come to that conclusion.
B1rd
this game is more important to me than anything in real life.
Lust

Another farewell thread? Sweet! Wait...
gregest
who are you?bye bye
Meme

Aurani wrote:

One doesn't even need to read the whole essay you wrote to tell you: good job mongrel, you finally realised that games mean literally nothing in your life, and that you should actually do something productive with your, arguably limited, energy.

You're one step closer to succeeding in life now. Congratulations, and don't even think of playing the game again for more than an hour or two when you absolutely have to... it's just a massive time sponge, and it won't do you any good either. That is coming from my heart, considering you apparently had at least more common sense than the average mongrel here to come to that conclusion.
IppE

Shxfted wrote:

If you are spending too much time on this game, and you are not enjoying it, find something better to do with your time.
Someone get this guy a noble prize goddamn.

Wuxo
You cannot quit osu that isn't easy as you think. I attempted to quit, don't played maybe whole month, but i backed. Only thing i doo succefly is reducing time from 6-8hrs to 4hrs max, usually it is 2-3hrs.
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Aurani wrote:

The first of many steps to succeeding in life. But this is definitely a huge one.

B1rd wrote:

this game is more important to me than anything in real life.
Exactly the reason why I have to quit.

Lust wrote:

I at least want to try and stay part of the community lol, but playing the game is out of the question.

CptBlackBird wrote:

who are you?bye bye
I'm just some random.

IppE wrote:

Shxfted wrote:

If you are spending too much time on this game, and you are not enjoying it, find something better to do with your time.
Someone get this guy a noble prize goddamn.

Um.... >///<

wuxo wrote:

You cannot quit osu that isn't easy as you think. I attempted to quit, don't played maybe whole month, but i backed. Only thing i doo succefly is reducing time from 6-8hrs to 4hrs max, usually it is 2-3hrs.
Challenge accepted.
dkun
tl;dr all this could have been avoided by being smarter in your decision(s) to play when you actually have the time.

games are for enjoyment. i've been here for nearly six years on and off. some of these 6, I spent 5+ hours a day on here. others, i'm gone for a few days/weeks. it's what you make of it. at the end of the day, it's just a rhythm game.
Lanturn

"みんな、見ていてくれ!"
BeatofIke
I hate college with a burning passion.
Pinecone
good luck in life
Topic Starter
lemonguy

dkun wrote:

tl;dr all this could have been avoided by being smarter in your decision(s) to play when you actually have the time.

games are for enjoyment. i've been here for nearly six years on and off. some of these 6, I spent 5+ hours a day on here. others, i'm gone for a few days/weeks. it's what you make of it. at the end of the day, it's just a rhythm game.
Well this isn't the first game that I've had this problem with lol (maybe the worst it's been for me though). I had the same problem with Guitar Hero, to a lesser extent. I ended up quitting that only because the game itself was dead and the competition was pointless. Call of Duty is another example, but I did actually enjoy playing that with friends (at least some of the time), and even though I spent countless hours on it, it wasn't as bad as how I am with this game.

Lanturn wrote:

"みんな、見ていてくれ!"
Not sure if I'm interpreting this in the way you intended for me to

BeatofIke wrote:

I hate college with a burning passion.
Agreed.

Hazelnut- wrote:

good luck in life
Thanks ^^
Noobita
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Noobita wrote:

Noobita

attention-seeking levels are too damn high
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Noobita wrote:

Are you joking? I'm simply stating that I'm done with the game, because there are better things I can be doing with my life. And I'm encouraging people who have the same problem to think about whether this game is so important to them that they should spend a huge portion of their life on the game, or that they should consider taking a break from the game or quit for good.
Noobita

Shxfted wrote:

Noobita wrote:

Are you joking? I'm simply stating that I'm done with the game, because there are better things I can be doing with my life. And I'm encouraging people who have the same problem to think about whether this game is so important to them that they should spend a huge portion of their life on the game, or that they should consider taking a break from the game or quit for good.
good for you, but what people do is up to them... this "statement" is just a cry for attention no offense
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Noobita wrote:

good for you, but what people do is up to them... this "statement" is just a cry for attention no offense
I wouldn't give a damn if no one bothered reading it. And I understand that what people do is totally up to them.
Noobita

Shxfted wrote:

Noobita wrote:

I wouldn't give a damn if no one bothered reading it. And I understand that what people do is totally up to them.
yes you don't care that's why you posted it on the forums and on your userpage
bye
Topic Starter
lemonguy
I posted it because I can. There isn't a rule saying that I can't. There's no point in trying to pick a fight, and I'm done arguing. bye.
-sev
I am in the same position as you, except I enjoy the game. Which makes it harder to quit. I promised myself I'll take a break though, and I'll extend it for as long as I can.
Aurani

Shxfted wrote:

I posted it because I can. There isn't a rule saying that I can't. There's no point in trying to pick a fight, and I'm done arguing. bye.
I would strongly advise you to not give a damn about that guy, and ignore him completely. You're getting into an argument with a guy who can't even write properly, let alone lead a decent conversation with you.

He's lucky this is GD and full of mongrelic mods and there is little to no chance of actually laughing at that guy's posts properly.
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Kaienyuu wrote:

I am in the same position as you, except I enjoy the game. Which makes it harder to quit. I promised myself I'll take a break though, and I'll extend it for as long as I can.
I totally understand that, I enjoyed playing Call of Duty with my friends and I would play the hell out of the game (even though it had its problems). Luckily, I haven't bought an Xbox One yet, so I haven't had the opportunity to become addicted to any of the new games xD
Topic Starter
lemonguy

Aurani wrote:

Shxfted wrote:

I would strongly advise you to not give a damn about that guy, and ignore him completely. You're getting into an argument with a guy who can't even write properly, let alone lead a decent conversation with you.

He's lucky this is GD and full of mongrelic mods and there is little to no chance of actually laughing at that guy's posts properly.
Thanks for the advice :3
AutoMedic
All those who startle me shall suffer...

First of all, NOBODY CARES. I dont care if you quit mania, smoking pot or quitting in general. In fact, I'll be happier because there's gonna be one less weeaboo playing fake piano while submitting to WWW's Fourth Reich

happy op? now get out
HazeL

Lust wrote:

HAHAHA AMAZING XD

BUT WHY ARE U BLAMING THE GAME , U NOOB? XD HAHAHA THAT SCREENSHOT

(IM PLAYING MANIA LAST 2 YEARS I GOT RANK 3K IN PLAYERS AND IM THE TOP 1 IN CLASS. -_-)

I LOVE MANIA. IT DOESNT AFFECT MY LIFE/STUDIES
AutoMedic
Indeed this subforum is full of illiterate idiots who has an IQ lower than a seagull

Also dare silencing me mods.
Cookieiz_old_1
I wish you the best of luck in life :) Sorry this forum is full of jerks.
-sev

Shxfted wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

I totally understand that, I enjoyed playing Call of Duty with my friends and I would play the hell out of the game (even though it had its problems). Luckily, I haven't bought an Xbox One yet, so I haven't had the opportunity to become addicted to any of the new games xD
I'll give it two weeks, if I make it past that a month. After that, even more.

AutoMedic wrote:

rambling
Aurani

AutoMedic wrote:

Indeed this subforum is full of illiterate idiots who has an IQ lower than a seagull

Also dare silencing me mods.
You're slowly getting it! :p

They keep making fun of OT and call it a dump, but I sure as Hell see more reasonable and at least semi-intellectual conversations than here. Correction - there hasn't been ONE proper thread here in the last 3 months, as far as I've noticed, and it's supposed to be "the place where you don't post shit". Well, I see nothing BUT shit - piles and piles of it..... what irony.
show more