forum

Map Rating System change(?)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kibbleru
So the current rating system of beatmaps allow players to NFDT any song and rate it. This makes it extremely easy for haters to just rate 1 on beatmaps that, for any random reason, they hate. (or maybe they hate the creator)

I was thinking maybe there should be a minimal accuracy that you must achieve before rating a map?
Deimos
How about rating the played difficulty instead of rating the whole set based on one diffculty?
Lust
No rating system is perfect, you will always have people who wish to spoil it for others using any method they can. Likewise, you have people who always rates maps 10 without regard to how they actually feel about the map (I personally do this, its pretty much instinct). Restricting it to a certain accuracy will just put on an unnecessary restriction to an already imperfect system. What about those who can't reach that accuracy? Couldn't they just play one of the easier diffs and rate it from there?

The rating system is stupid anyway, it is not really indicative on a map's quality or whether you will like it or not.

Instead of talking on about restricting who can vote, maybe change the system itself. EDIT: Deimos you ninja
manjumochi
There are maps that I hate a lot, maybe some of them I voted 1. But it is like Lust and Deimos said (And yes, there are maps that are good/very good on one difficulty and not so good in other difficulty).
xxdeathx
Kibbleru what do you have to worry about, all your maps are sitting at 9.4-9.7
sirusi
Just don't allow people who use NF to rate a map, approved maps can be safe this way. If the player can't clear the map, why should they rate the map?

Normal mapsets have easy difficulties so it is easy to just clear that difficulty and rate.
Lanturn
Somewhat related to this thread I guess: t/274737/start=0
though it's only related to mods instead of 'bad accuracy'

gets off topic here
To be honest. I'd rather just see the whole star system abolished and maybe have a simple "like" system. Not even allowing a dislike system.

"313 people enjoyed playing this mapset"

If someone likes the map, they aren't going to vote anything other than a 10 anyways, because, even if you vote a '9' then that's basically the same thing as saying the map is bad with how horrible the system is currently.

Back on topic. It'd help with the current system a little I guess because one would actually have to play the map before rating it. I do believe the problem is more with the voting system itself rather than the people who abuse it.
Topic Starter
Kibbleru

xxdeathx wrote:

Kibbleru what do you have to worry about, all your maps are sitting at 9.4-9.7
no but i heard that when theres a good song or w/e, and the mania version gets ranked first, standard players go and DT NF it just to rate it 1..
Starry-

Lanturn wrote:

To be honest. I'd rather just see the whole star system abolished and maybe have a simple "like" system. Not even allowing a dislike system.

"313 people enjoyed playing this mapset"

If someone likes the map, they aren't going to vote anything other than a 10 anyways, because, even if you vote a '9' then that's basically the same thing as saying the map is bad with how horrible the system is currently.
This seems nice, but it'll be more of a popularity statistic rather than how good people think the map is - why look at that when you have favourites anyways.
I'm really not sure. I do believe the system should be reworked though.
Bara-
This is quite a good idea
It'll get rid of all those negative votings due to hate
Redon
Bara-
May sound weird, but why not let ONLY the BAT/QAT and other mapping involved staff member vote for it?
This way there will be no trolls, but also a true value, something the map deserves, as BAT/QAT know what it's worth an they are honest
Please no hate for preventing almost everyone from voting
Starry-

baraatje123 wrote:

May sound weird, but why not let ONLY the BAT/QAT and other mapping involved staff member vote for it?
This way there will be no trolls, but also a true value, something the map deserves, as BAT/QAT know what it's worth an they are honest
Please no hate for preventing almost everyone from voting
No...
In game modes like mania where there's only 5 or so active BATs, the votes will be way too biased and an inaccurate reflection of what the map is really like.

Maps are made for the players, so surely the players are the ones who are supposed to vote for them.
Bara-
Yea
Forgot about the other modes orz
manjumochi
I think should be a minimum number of plays (5 to 10) to give vote, because not everyone have great accuracy.