forum

[Archived] Missing beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aruka
Problem Details:After moving all my beatmaps to a different folder, almost half of the beatmaps are missing. I had over 10k beatmaps available and now there are a little under 6k.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150126.5cuttingedge
- Marco -
press f5 inside osu! on the song selection
Topic Starter
Aruka

marcostudios wrote:

press f5 inside osu! on the song selection
How do you expect f5 to work when the beatmaps don't even exist anymore?
Bara-
What do you mean with that?
If you have moved them to somewhere else, you need to open the user<Pc username>.cfg, and look for songs directory

Also, f5 can fix it, as it reprocesses ALL maps
Topic Starter
Aruka

baraatje123 wrote:

What do you mean with that?
If you have moved them to somewhere else, you need to open the user<Pc username>.cfg, and look for songs directory

Also, f5 can fix it, as it reprocesses ALL maps
The songs are not in the songs file neither they are anywhere else. F5 doesn't help anything if there aren't songs that need to be fixed. So, the beatmaps that are corrupted don't exist. Guess i have to just download all beatmap packs.
Bara-
To where did you move them?
If you moved them away, ofcourse Osu won't find them, as Osu looks for songs ONLY in the songs folder, unless said otherwise in the .cfg
Topic Starter
Aruka

baraatje123 wrote:

To where did you move them?
If you moved them away, ofcourse Osu won't find them, as Osu looks for songs ONLY in the songs folder, unless said otherwise in the .cfg
I moved them to a backup file for my beatmaps but then I realized that I don't need that file anymore and copied all the files to the songs file and now half of them are gone.
Deimos
go into the main osu folder and move the osu!.db out of the folder
Topic Starter
Aruka

Deimos wrote:

go into the main osu folder and move the osu!.db out of the folder
Nope, didn't help. The maps are just gone. I have to download them again. But thanks for your help.
Bauxe
Sounds to me like you managed to delete your beatmaps if they just aren't there anymore. Your best option is probably just re-downloading.
Wishkey
Just had the same issue, lost around 5k maps just by moving them to a different folder, any chance the support team could try and see what's causing this? Most of the maps were either unranked or just recently downloaded If that helps.
TheVileOne
I doubt they are deleted. It is more likely that the game doesn't detect them. I haven't tested this behavior in a long time, but I believe that osu! has problems detecting new beatmaps if you drag them into the songs folder in folder form. I will need to do more testing.
Cubix11
I know I'm late but I think I've found the way to fix this (worked for me anyways). Go to options and go all the way down to maintenance and click on Repair Folder Permissions then it will ask you for permission to do whatever it does and that's it. I hope it helps.