forum

[SOLVED] Creating a spinner that fades to red as you spin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spaghetti
I was watching some old Big Black play by WubWoofWolf and I noticed he had a very interesting spinner in which as he spins, the white center fades to red (shown here). How can I do this?
manjumochi

Spaghetti wrote:

I was watching some old Big Black play by WubWoofWolf and I noticed he had a very interesting spinner in which as he spins, the white center fades to red (shown here). How can I do this?
I'm not a expert on skinning, but I believe this can be achieved using
Version: 2
on skin.ini .
Topic Starter
Spaghetti
I'm not a expert on skinning, but I believe this can be achieved using
Version: 2
on skin.ini .
Thank you for the reply! But what spinner image file did you use to create that effect? Can you send me a puu.sh of the file or something? Again thank you :D
Heterozygous_old
I don't know either... maybe you can actually grab a copy of www's skin and see what's inside lol
-Chitose-
Here i grab it from WWW skin --> http://puu.sh/f4zWd.rar
Topic Starter
Spaghetti

Heterozygous wrote:

I don't know either... maybe you can actually grab a copy of www's skin and see what's inside lol

-Chitose- wrote:

Here i grab it from WWW skin --> http://puu.sh/f4zWd.rar
He didn't include it in any of his skin downloads, that's why I'm asking you guys :/
Haskorion
Quick sum up: He uses a new style spinner.

The new style spinner has a different behaviour and elements than the old one.
It uses spinner-bottom.png, spinner-glow.png, spinner-middle.png, spinner-middle2.png, and spinner-top.png.
The element that turns red over time is spinner-middle.png.
To make use of that, change the skin version to 2 or above in your skin.ini-file. Search for the line Version: and change the"1" to "2" or your desired skin version. If it doesn't have the line add it in the [General] section.
Last thing to make sure is that you delete spinner-background.png or rename it to something else since it will force the old styled spinner instead.

Also if you have more questions in the future use this topic: t/51694
Topic Starter
Spaghetti

ReddScorn wrote:

Quick sum up: He uses a new style spinner.

The new style spinner has a different behaviour and elements than the old one.
It uses spinner-bottom.png, spinner-glow.png, spinner-middle.png, spinner-middle2.png, and spinner-top.png.
The element that turns red over time is spinner-middle.png.
To make use of that, change the skin version to 2 or above in your skin.ini-file. Search for the line Version: and change the"1" to "2" or your desired skin version. If it doesn't have the line add it in the [General] section.
Last thing to make sure is that you delete spinner-background.png or rename it to something else since it will force the old styled spinner instead.

Also if you have more questions in the future use this topic: t/51694
Thank you so much! I figured out my problem. My skin was already on version 2, but I had no spinner-middle, only spinner-middle2. THANK YOU!!! :D