forum

What is happening with my skill?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ericire
One day I had the best performance I've ever had. I got pretty far in an AR10 jump beatmap with hidden. It was so surprisingly good that I just had to record the replay. Feeling satisfied, I stopped playing for the day. The next day, I decided that I would try to do even better. I started playing the beatmap. Misses everywhere and horrible accuracy. I tried easier four and five star beatmaps. I was missing easy to hit notes and my accuracy was absolute crap. I decided that it was nothing and that I should just stop playing for the day.

The next day and the day after, the same thing happened. I went from doing the best I have ever done, to losing weeks of acquired skill. Even today, I performed awfully. Did anyone else experience a sudden loss of skill? Why is this happening to meeeE???? Help me!!!!11!
Vuelo Eluko
you're killing your undeveloped 700pp core skills by mashing on ar10
keep it up someday you might be as fucked and impeded from ever improving as me 8-)
Yuudachi-kun
Ar10 is fun though. Distorted lovesong relax everyday. 8-)
ZenithPhantasm
Topic Starter
ericire

Riince wrote:

keep it up someday you might be as fucked and impeded from ever improving as me 8-)
Bro AR9 is like too slow for me now. I do better on AR10 on certain maps...

And I'll have you know that my "undeveloped 700pp core skill' took months of practice and development but I suppose that isn't much for a 2,800pp badass like you, huh?

But anyways, it would be a shame to see my amazing skill lost, so I will take your advice, 2,800pp badass, and downgrade to lower AR.

Seriously though thanks for the reply.
Topic Starter
ericire

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I see, I will try to avoid the same mistake.

Thank you all.
ZenithPhantasm

ericire wrote:

Riince wrote:

And I'll have you know that my "undeveloped 700pp core skill' took months of practice and development but I suppose that isn't much for a 2,800pp badass like you, huh?

But anyways, it would be a shame to see my amazing skill lost, so I will take your advice, 2,800pp badass, and downgrade to lower AR.

AR10 is easier than AR9 if you have the reactions for it. AR11 would be the easiest AR if reactions weren't an issue.
Yuudachi-kun
Lots of things are made easier by ar20 since there isn't as much clutter on the screen.
Topic Starter
ericire
Yeah I feel that in AR10, I don't need to pay attention to hit circles as much since you usually have to hit the beat right after it appears.

There's an AR11? I've modified some maps to be AR10 and that is the highest the slider can go. How is this possible?
Topic Starter
ericire
AR20? Are you being serious?
XgenSlayer

ericire wrote:

There's an AR11? I've modified some maps to be AR10 and that is the highest the slider can go. How is this possible?
Using DT on AR10 would equal AR11, as DT cuts the approach rate to 2/3 of what it normally is. Using DT+HR on AR8/9 would also result in AR11 because of the increase in base AR from HR.

ericire wrote:

That's just a joke :P

AR10 = 450 ms of approach
1 AR value = 150 ms of approach

That means AR20 = -1050 ms of approach xD
Ichi
Well the edit mode cannot go higher than ar10, but infact adding DT to a certain AR makes it a higher one in practical terms.

So it goes: ar 8 with DT = ar 9,63. ar 9 with DT= ar 10.33. ar 10 with DT = ar 11
Vuelo Eluko

ericire wrote:

Riince wrote:

LOL. being AR9 or AR10 has NOTHING to do with the speed of the map, your reading is just screwed up. If you don't want to become a mindless masher turn back.
Yuudachi-kun

ericire wrote:

I misstyped. :(
B1rd

Kheldragar wrote:

what distorted lovesong are you talking about.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/226605 AR9 is masterrace
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

what distorted lovesong are you talking about.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/226605 AR9 is masterrace
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/580907&m=0

8.5 stars. EIGHT. POINT. FIVE.
ZenithPhantasm

ericire wrote:

Yeah I feel that in AR10, I don't need to pay attention to hit circles as much since you usually have to hit the beat right after it appears.

t/218783 Scroll down to AR11 maker.
winber1
you have come down with overly bitchy female syndrome, symptoms include complaining unreasonably about trivial things, the only treatment is to calm your tits.
XgenSlayer

winber1 wrote:

you have come down with overly bitchy female syndrome, symptoms include complaining unreasonably about trivial things, the only treatment is to calm your tits.
I can't tell if that's a serious response or a shitpost...

Not meant to be offensive, just informational. x)
winber1
damn canadians we don't need your kind here
ZenithPhantasm

XgenSlayer wrote:

winber1 wrote:

I can't tell if that's a serious response or a shitpost...

Not meant to be offensive, just informational. x)
Winber was top shitposter 2014
Vuelo Eluko
84 hours incoming
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

84 hours incoming
420 hours?
Topic Starter
ericire

Riince wrote:

LOL. being AR9 or AR10 has NOTHING to do with the speed of the map, your reading is just screwed up. If you don't want to become a mindless masher turn back.
Yes you are right, AR does not affect the speed of the map. It does, however, affect the speed at which you have to react, and that is what I was referring to.
Vuelo Eluko

ericire wrote:

Riince wrote:

Yes you are right, AR does not affect the speed of the map. It does, however, affect the speed at which you have to react, and that is what I was referring to.
less time to react = easier to read = you arent going to learn to read well
just do yourself a favor and go back to ar8
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

ericire wrote:

Become next emperorpenguin and become AR11 player lel.
Topic Starter
ericire

Riince wrote:

Yes, if you payed attention, I mentioned in one of my replies that I would take your advice and go down to a lower AR, there is no need to repeat it. For helping me, I will return the favour and help you. You need to improve your communication skills buddy, "just do yourself a favor" is a terrible way of saying what you wanted to say. What could have worked better is "I suggest you lower your AR". Good communications skills will help you in the long run. Keep this in mind.
ZenithPhantasm

ericire wrote:

Riince wrote:

Yes, if you payed attention, I mentioned in one of my replies that I would take your advice and go down to a lower AR, there is no need to repeat it. For helping me, I will return the favour and help you. You need to improve your communication skills buddy, "just do yourself a favor" is a terrible way of saying what you wanted to say. What could have worked better is "I suggest you lower your AR". Good communications skills will help you in the long run. Keep this in mind.
Not trying to be a smart ass also helps in the long run. *Looks at ericire*
DahplA
Only 5K plays with 743PP and barely past #100K ranks. I don't think this 'skill' was existent from the start.
Topic Starter
ericire
Yeah I guess you are right. But remember that some situations will call for it. There are times when it is necessary.
show more