forum

Really weird thing that i don´t know how to fix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
Well, it´s simple, i play normally osu, and when i have dinner and take a shower like usual, when i come back i can´t play anything because for some reason i don´t know, i can only play really easy and slow maps and after two or three songs my right wrist, arm and shoulder start to hurt a lot and i have to stop, it happens everyday, lke a ritual, i don´t know what it could be because i hold my pen in the same way before and after (https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/cfohGoC.jpg) And i don´t even know if that is a good pen grip anyways, but if doesn´t matter if i try hours to warm up and try to play normally again, it just doesn´t happen and always i have to turn off osu because there is no point of playing worse than usual and even hurting myself while doing that.
Vuelo Eluko
1. of course you arent going to be doing as well after showering and dinner, you go from warm to cold.

2. pain is a sign you should take a break
Topic Starter
Frc

Riince wrote:

1. of course you arent going to be doing as well after showering and dinner, you go from warm to cold.

2. pain is a sign you should take a break

You mean a short break (dont play until tomorrow per example) or a long break (1 day+)
Vuelo Eluko
if i was having significant pain in my wrist i'd honestly not even touch the game for like a week, then come back and see how it is and if theres even a sign of it coming back i'd continue not playing. it's just not worth cripping myself to play ous. wrist pain is the bad kind of pain, the one in your arm, if it's the muscles pulling the fingers, is the good kind, and one in your shoulder is most likely a result of poor posture.
SomeLoli
don't eat dinner or take showers
Green Platinum

Riince wrote:

Topic Starter
Frc

Riince wrote:

if i was having significant pain in my wrist i'd honestly not even touch the game for like a week, then come back and see how it is and if theres even a sign of it coming back i'd continue not playing. it's just not worth cripping myself to play ous. wrist pain is the bad kind of pain, the one in your arm, if it's the muscles pulling the fingers, is the good kind, and one in your shoulder is most likely a result of poor posture.
But it happen only after taking shower and blah blah, before doing that i haven´t pain and i play just like always.
Deathripi
Describe / show of a pic of your arm and hand position.
Topic Starter
Frc

Deathripi wrote:

Describe / show of a pic of your arm and hand position.
Pen grip in puu.sh link
Deathripi
Puush doesnt load for me or its actually just white.

Pen grip shouldnt be the problem anyways. SnowWhite grips his pen with all fingers so yeah.
gregest
it's not white,look at the left upper corner
Deathripi
Yeah... Wot. I dont understand a black bar being a grip.
Topic Starter
Frc
Lol sorry reuploading in imgur or something else

Done, also sorry for crap mobile quality.
GoldenWolf

FrcV wrote:

before doing that i haven´t pain and i play just like always.
There is a reason why it's called Repetitive Strain Injury, it doesn't happen overnight.

Anyway just take a break from the game and don't play after showering/etc.
based god lil b
if you're experiencing pain, you're doing something wrong...
silmarilen
pain = take a short break (a day or so?)
if after a day there is still pain = take a long break (more than a week)
if after a week is still pain = see a doctor