forum

[resolved] Ranked Custom Video Support

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Codesterz
Currently when you add a video to a ranked song that doesn't have a video the song will no longer ranked and needs to be updated. When you update, it removes the video you added. I would like to see this changed and be allowed to use custom videos for ranked songs. You can replace the video file for a song with a video and not have its ranked status be changed though. I would really like to see this changed as I like to have songs with a video. 99% of the time I'm downloading beatmaps I have the 'has video' option enabled. There is a way to disable videos for people who don't want them and have them stay ranked, but not vice versa which I think is a shame. As it is though I would rather have the video than it be ranked, but ultimately would rather have both.
Bara-
But most of the time the videos make no sense
If there is a video, the mapper probably already add it
Also, this can be used to make HD so much easier, by making a vid of all notes, so you can play it for more points
Big no from for because of the latter reason
Minhtam
Not sure if I support the exact wording of the OP, but I would love to play Caramel Heaven with this video in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRQEjWyge6g
Oinari-sama
Does this still work?

James2250 wrote:

As for adding videos to ranked/approved maps. Go on the map in the editor, go to file - open folder, make sure you have the video or anything that you want to add in there, find the .osb file that is in there (not all ranked maps will have one but you can always copy an empty one from another map and rename it). Then add the line "Video,0,"Video name".avi" (replacing .avi with whatever the type is) under the //Background and Video events section. Then save and the video should be inserted with the map still being ranked~ Should be the same with backgrounds etc
I don't think this request aligns with the direction of development (players won't be able to change anything in .osz2), so I really doubt this will be considered.
Bauxe
If this happened, I could see people recording the map (with say, a lower approach rate), using that as the video, and setting a custom skin to be pretty much 100% invisible. Would make it pretty easy for people to do HRDT plays (or at least, a lot easier). So probably not a very good idea.
Lach

Oinari-sama wrote:

Does this still work?

James2250 wrote:

As for adding videos to ranked/approved maps. Go on the map in the editor, go to file - open folder, make sure you have the video or anything that you want to add in there, find the .osb file that is in there (not all ranked maps will have one but you can always copy an empty one from another map and rename it). Then add the line "Video,0,"Video name".avi" (replacing .avi with whatever the type is) under the //Background and Video events section. Then save and the video should be inserted with the map still being ranked~ Should be the same with backgrounds etc
I don't think this request aligns with the direction of development (players won't be able to change anything in .osz2), so I really doubt this will be considered.
Yes, you can still do this with the osb file as they are not hash checked on score submission. And let's be real, osz2 is a pipe-dream that nobody really wants.
Bara-
Off topic, when will .osz2 ever come?
There had been plans of it years ago
even more off topic, what will be the difference between .osz and .osz2?
Sea_Food
So so far we know that this might already be possible.
We also know that this definetly should not be possible because of the huge wffect it can have on cheating (custom picking AR, removing HD and also you can add follow points to every note which would really help in FL (as it stands they dont follow to next combo))

With this we can conclude that if anything this "feature" should be removed if it exist.
blissfulyoshi
I am not sure how much cheating this will cause. I don't hear cases of people recording auto playing one of the many anime ops and then using that to do their own play. (It probably does happen here and there, but I haven't heard this becoming an issue)
Topic Starter
Codesterz
You can currently replace the video file of a beatmap with a video and it will still be ranked. There is a chance there are already people already using this to cheat though I think its a bit ridiculous to go out of your way to do something like that. Can you even feel good about getting a highscore like that? I know I couldn't.

A good example of why I would like this feature can be shown with this recently ranked beatmap.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/239787
There is an AMV for it that the Creator links to in the description but the beatmap itself does not include the AMV. If I want to play it with the AMV I have to play it unranked.
Lanturn
You can simply add a SB and place the video in it.

For example. I do it with this beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/221408

Make a .osb file for the map and add this code. (changing offset/filepath as needed)
[Events]
//Background and Video events
Video,-800,"Hikaru nara.avi"
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples

There you go, Ranked map with video :)

If the song already has a SB, you can still add the video to the .osb. Just make sure it is on the lowest layer or it'll cover the whole SB.
Oinari-sama
Guys thanks for confirming.

I am going to mark this thread since it's rarely used and can be already be achieved via alternative means (as discussed here).

When/Whether/How will osz2 be implemented is another topic and only the man knows, let's leave it for another day ;)