forum

[resolved] Tablet cursor jumping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
Hello

I recently purchased a Huion 420 tablet, which is also the same model than the official osu tablet. My problem with it is that my game cursor would jump to a place on the higher part of the screen while playing and then immediately back where i am actually pointing to. This is very distracting while playing and really gets annyoing as it happens frequently (almost every song and often multiple times during a song).
I searched before and saw multiple threads about this issue and they were saying to set the mouse speed to 1x and enable table support and raw input. I did all of those to no help unfortunately. I also reinstalled the lastest tablet driver from the official homepage just in case.
Hoping for a quick solution to this..
Yuii-
Tell me if the things from these links work:

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

3. Option 3 (Probably, this is not going to work, but just in case).

4. Option 4

5. Option 5 (More like a "last resource"... quite hard if any of those options work).

Sorry for all those links, but there are a bunch of possible things that could be happening with your tablet.

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
Thank you for the reply

None of these solved the issue unfortunately. It still keeps happening but recently it seems to happen less and less.
I am wondering if this could be CPU or harddisk usage or anything else related. Outside of the game i did not use the tablet nearly as much but it never happened there.

Anyone else got any ideas? This almost caused me to combo break and ruining FC at a song with over 1000 combo. Lucky it was during a slider and it didn't combo break and turned it to a 100 instead.
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
Bump
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
Bump
Enzy
Have you updated your drivers?

Tested a different USB port?
NeVMiku
This might be stupid but here goes:

Make sure you don't have any other peripherals that can move your mouse connected or active on your computer. It seems like you have the absolute positioning effect where if you move mouse and tablet at the same time, the cursor will jump to and from the mouse and tablet. The tablet will win of course.

Or try disabling all of the tablet feature and just let it point at osu!...
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the homepage.
Going to try a different USB port tomorrow.

Moving the mouse while moving the tablet does not have that jumping effect i have. When i move the move as fast as i cant it only slightly moves away from where the pen is pointing. My problem is that at random times during gameplay the cursor would jump to the upper area of the tablet and immediately snaps back to where it is. So far it has broken my combo only once or twice but the main problem for me is the suprise effect and it throwing me off for a little bit while playing.
In the tablet driver there is a greyed out checkbox that says Simulate Mouse and i cant untick that. Guess that is the mode that tablet is running.
On other topics it is said that such problems occur with the tablet in mouse mode, so is there anything else i could look for?

Edit: I found a different driver which lets me disable mouse simulation. Hopefully this stops happening now.
Mahogany
Does it happen when you slightly touch the tablet with your pen? I found that if I kind of "Flicked" the pen off the tablet, it would cause it to appear somewhere else for a short while.

Also, I hear having osu sensitivity at anything other than 1x causes tablets to act wacky. Would that be your problem?
Ash Marley
If you're hovering, it could be when you raise the pen too high. If not, I have no idea.
Topic Starter
Rinoa Angelo
No more issues since the different driver. Seemed to be a driver problem which is weird. The driver that came with the tablet CD had this issues as well as a driver i downloaded from the homepage. A third driver i downloaded again from the official homepage seems to work fine. Thanks for the help everyone.