forum

[Survey] Which Your Favorite Pattern? Streams or Noodles?

posted
Total Posts

Which your favorite pattern?

Streams
56.47%
Noodles
12.94%
Both them
30.59%
Total votes: 85
Topic Starter
pengomon
Prologue
Maybe, it's my 1st thread in osu! forum. So, correct me if I wrong! :o
Mainly (?) in osu!mania, it have 2 groups type players. One group that like holding more long-notes (aka noodles-lovers) and another group that be better to streaming than playing more long-notes (aka streams-lovers). Like we know, majority streams-lovers player came from more rhthym games that basically streams pattern; like beatmania IIDX, BMS, DJMAX, SounD VolteX (SDVX) (maybe?), Pump It Up, etc. And most of noodles-lovers player came from rhthym games that its pattern more long-notes, O2Jam.
If you'll survey to all osu!mania players, some osu!mania players would rather play streams pattern than noodles. You know, lah, judgement systems of osu!mania is more difficult than O2Jam or beatmania IIDX (maybe?).

So, for getting more information about your favorite pattern and before I'll map more songs seriously, could I survey you about your favorite pattern...? :lol:

Which your favorite pattern?
- Streams?
- Noodles?
- Or both them?
And why do you like it?

My answer
If you asked back to me, I would rather play streams pattern maps than noodles pattern maps. I'm rhthym gamer that came from Pump It Up game. So, I would prefer play streams to noodles. And playing streams pattern is easier to me than noodles.
Nah! It's my story! What's your story? :v

For more information about mania patterns:
[GUIDE] How to improve in osu!mania
Another question about "your favorite patterns":
What are your favourite patterns?
Fullerene-
lenpai
Actually I'm ok with both but I would go with streams. I just hate those omgwtf o2jam LNs unless they actually make sense with the song.
B1rd
I like both but noodles have too much carbs :|
Pinecone
I liek both
Kamikaze
I like noodles more, but streams are easier, so both
ikzune
lately in 4k ive enjoyed very fast bursts of random noodles ._.
Topic Starter
pengomon

Fullerene- wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/194390
^ I know this question.... Sorry if I make another question about "your favorite patterns"--although this question specific both streams and noodles pattern. :3 But, thanks for your information! :)
Silver Sky
I like both
But since LN depends on reading more than streams, I think it's cool.
Kiririn-shin
I Love LN but the LN Doesn't Love me and I'm not into Streams either :/
gintoki147
I prefer LNs, but I'm better at streams. c:
LNs are more fun because you have to pay attention to many things at once;
Aqo
noodles make me angry when I fail them
and they feel boring when I'm good enough to play them correctly

streams are fun when I just mash and fail on them
streams are fun even if I FC them

conclusion:
streams are always fun
noodles are sucky
DissonantMuse
I would say streams for me just because it's what feels more comfortable to me, since it's the pattern I'm most used to. Both are fun though, and I feel that long notes can make for more interesting maps imo.
Bobbias
I don't think I've met a single person who thinks LN patterns are easier than streams. Most people dislike things they consider hard. Therefore this thread is probably always going to favor streams.

I like both kinds of patterns, and I really hope that this poll is not going to influence mappers to chose one style over another just because one of them is better liked. Osu!Mania should be a place where all kinds of patterns are welcome.
[FX] AEM
both.

actually i love stream, but LN is a challenge.
- Marco -
I prefer streams :D
Pinecone
wow no love for noodles

;w;
Bobbias

Hazelnut- wrote:

wow no love for noodles

;w;
I know :<
iJXL

[FX] AEM wrote:

both.

actually i love stream, but LN is a challenge.

:)
Topic Starter
pengomon

Bobbias wrote:

and I really hope that this poll is not going to influence mappers to chose one style over another just because one of them is better liked. Osu!Mania should be a place where all kinds of patterns are welcome.
^ I know it.... I just survey about favorite pattern, not intended to insult streams or noodles pattern. :3