forum

ZUN - Heian Alien

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
The option is open for an Easy, if you decide then the spot can be yours when you let me know. I'm definitely looking for an insane-extra GD. I'm not quite able to extra yet but I feel like it deserves one. ; ^;

As for the offset, I like the change to 535. I appreciate the analysis, and I'll make that change as well.
Dizzy Future
[Lunatic]

01:10:711 (1,2,3,4) - You wanna have nice flow with piano music. Dont be stiff and afraid add those streams bro make the player feel the flow of the piano as if he/she is playing one.

01:14:220 (2,3,4,5,6) - Same as above. Piano flow.

01:28:255 (4,5,6) - Same as above. Have no fear is making good flow. Be experimental and creative. It's what making a map is all about. But, to help I think a good shape would be a small curve like so:
http://puu.sh/fNo53/c6bf9a6405.jpg

Though after that small curve stream you'll need a note on the next blue tick otherwise I feel like 01:28:957 (1) - will be off beat to the piano itself. But that could be just me.

01:34:571 (1,2,3) - I feel at the start of 1 you could do a nice little stream there as well. Don't be afraid to add them in a Lunatic. Considering if you hear it closely there's notes in the piano left untouched. Flow is nice you know? :)

02:15:272 (1) - I think after the spinner could use notes to follow the piano. It's about 2-3 secs of a long pause before it fades out. While it's only 3 seconds and it may not seem a lot you'd be surprise on how much you can add into it. Other wise its a really long pause with no outro.

Other than that it's a pretty cool map and I really do enjoy the song as a Touhou fan. Keep up the work Kamidachi :P
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Dizzy Future wrote:

[Lunatic]

01:10:711 (1,2,3,4) - You wanna have nice flow with piano music. Dont be stiff and afraid add those streams bro make the player feel the flow of the piano as if he/she is playing one.
-Switched it around a bit. I'll touch them up every now and then. Changed.
01:14:220 (2,3,4,5,6) - Same as above. Piano flow.
-Changed some.
01:28:255 (4,5,6) - Same as above. Have no fear is making good flow. Be experimental and creative. It's what making a map is all about. But, to help I think a good shape would be a small curve like so:
http://puu.sh/fNo53/c6bf9a6405.jpg
-Changed, singletaps and a half slider. The stream feels overdone a little bit, but the angle and such does feel nicer.

Though after that small curve stream you'll need a note on the next blue tick otherwise I feel like 01:28:957 (1) - will be off beat to the piano itself. But that could be just me.

01:34:571 (1,2,3) - I feel at the start of 1 you could do a nice little stream there as well. Don't be afraid to add them in a Lunatic. Considering if you hear it closely there's notes in the piano left untouched. Flow is nice you know? :)
-Some change, made it emphasize the piano's strong notes more with a small jump pattern.

02:15:272 (1) - I think after the spinner could use notes to follow the piano. It's about 2-3 secs of a long pause before it fades out. While it's only 3 seconds and it may not seem a lot you'd be surprise on how much you can add into it. Other wise its a really long pause with no outro.

Other than that it's a pretty cool map and I really do enjoy the song as a Touhou fan. Keep up the work Kamidachi :P
-No change. Would sound nice indeed, however, the ending time of each diff must be the same. I'd have to extend mapping to all diffs to exact same end.
Thanks soo much for the mod! Very helpful. I'll be working hard to get this ranked.

Still hoping for an Extra GD, and for right now two people are thinking about an Easy GD. \o/
Dstorv
I think i'll make the extra diff, not sure tho if it'll become extra diff :D . I'll let you know when i finished the map.

Also check the AImod in every diff, some of the object and kiai isn't snapped.

Love the music, by the way... :)
JBHyperion
I agree that the original needs some love, so let's do some modding! I doubt I could do an Extra diff justice, but I'd be happy to try mapping an Easy GD if you're still looking for one.

General Comments:
  1. You've got some source conflicts between difficulties - specifically, Normal has "Touhou" and "UFO" but not "12" as on the other two difficulties, which you'll need to correct.
  2. There is an audio preview time conflict between Hard and the other two diffs. It looks like the Hard diff has it correct, so simply resnap the preview on the other two to fix this.
  3. Widescreen support is toggled on in the Song Setup menu. Since you're not using a storyboard, this doesn't need to be on.
  4. Kiai start and endpoints aren't correctly snapped across all difficulties, and there are a few unsnapped notes in the Lunatic diff - maybe from when you changed an offset? Go through AImod (Ctrl+Shift+A) and the Timing Setup menu to fix the kiai section and use re-snap the unsnapped notes in Lunatic.
  5. There's a 10 second, unmapped fade-out period at the end of the map, which is a little long. It would be nice if you could edit the audio to fade out a little quicker here, since mapping it would seem odd.
Map-Specific Comments:

Normal
00:15:974 (3,4,5) - These notes could be tidied up a bit to look more symmetrical. An easy fix is to move 00:16:676 (5) to (x-304,y-88).

00:28:957 (2) - As above, consider moving to (x-172,y-192)

01:19:132 (1,2,3,1) - Consider spacing these notes out a little to give some variety, and especially if this isn't going to be the easiest diff, consider adding some more notes into this section (even something as simple as a 1/1 slider at 01:19:833, then repeated for each measure), as the difficulty drop currently doesn't really flow with the rest of the song.

01:26:149 (3,4,1) - As above.

01:40:185 (1) - Make this into a 1/1 slider repeating 4 times to go with the drum track.

Hard
This difficulty has no breaks, which means it can get tiring. Consider including a break from 01:10:710 to 01:19:131, as in the Normal diff.

00:14:921 (2,3,4,5) - Consider making this look more symmetrical. I would move (2) to (x-144,y-136), (3) to (x-264,y-192), (4) to (x-252,y-72), and then lastly make (5) start underneath (3) as it did before. In the end, I imagine it looking something like this, although you may want to change the orientation of the slider (5) to suit your taste:

00:19:482 (5,6,1,2,3,4) - Consider doing something similar here to neaten this section up and avoid any awkward overlapping.

00:25:799 (3) - Using red nodes as a slider "anchor" in this way looks cool, but I believe it is unrankable, (or at least frowned upon) since it becomes very hard for the player to judge the required slider velocity. If you want to make slower/quicker sliders, use an inherited (green) point to adjust the slider velocity.

00:27:904 (6) - As above.

00:43:079 (3) - Remove this note, the triplet here is unnecessary, since it's not a note found in the backing track, and the 1/2 pattern that you're using for the rest of this section works perfectly fine.

00:44:483 (3) - As above.

00:56:413 (5,7) - Remove these two notes - A triplet pattern here is fine for this difficulty, no need to make it a five-note roll.

00:59:483 (2) - As 00:25:799 (3).

01:27:903 - This pause feels awkward, so consider mapping a few notes in here such as a circle at 01:27:903 and a 1/1 slider at 01:28:254.

01:38:079 (3,4) - Distance spacing feels off here, try keeping it the same as for the previous notes in this combo.

02:03:781 (5,7) - As 00:56:413 (5,7).

Lunatic
00:06:149 (1) - No suggestion for change, just wanted to say that I like the fact that you've mapped out a few extra seconds at the beginning of this diff (:

00:31:413 (1,2,3,4) - These could be arranged into a nicer pattern, like a diamond. They look a bit messy at the moment.

00:36:850 - I would move the spinner end back 1/2 to 00:36:675, to give a little extra time to react to the next note, since it's far from the centre of the playfield.

01:01:588 (3) - As 00:25:799 (3) and 00:27:904 (6) in Hard, consider adjusting slider velocity rather than using anchor points.

01:28:079 (3,4,5,6,7) - I think this section is mapped to the piano? Which is confusing since it switches very quickly from being mapped to the backing drum beat, so it just felt really awkward to play. If you want to keep this mapped to the piano, consider remapping to something like this, where 01:27:684 (2) is a 1/8 slider repeating once:

The pattern then transitions straight back into the drum track without warning however, so if you're going to do this, you may want to remove or remap 01:28:957 (1,2,3,4) to put a slight pause for readjustment.

Hope this helped! If you want to ask me any questions or discuss my suggestions further, please don't hesitate to pm/msg me. Good luck! (:
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

JBHyperion wrote:

I agree that the original needs some love, so let's do some modding! I doubt I could do an Extra diff justice, but I'd be happy to try mapping an Easy GD if you're still looking for one.

General Comments:
  1. You've got some source conflicts between difficulties - specifically, Normal has "Touhou" and "UFO" but not "12" as on the other two difficulties, which you'll need to correct.
  2. There is an audio preview time conflict between Hard and the other two diffs. It looks like the Hard diff has it correct, so simply resnap the preview on the other two to fix this.
  3. Widescreen support is toggled on in the Song Setup menu. Since you're not using a storyboard, this doesn't need to be on.
  4. Kiai start and endpoints aren't correctly snapped across all difficulties, and there are a few unsnapped notes in the Lunatic diff - maybe from when you changed an offset? Go through AImod (Ctrl+Shift+A) and the Timing Setup menu to fix the kiai section and use re-snap the unsnapped notes in Lunatic.
  5. There's a 10 second, unmapped fade-out period at the end of the map, which is a little long. It would be nice if you could edit the audio to fade out a little quicker here, since mapping it would seem odd.
Map-Specific Comments:

Normal
00:15:974 (3,4,5) - These notes could be tidied up a bit to look more symmetrical. An easy fix is to move 00:16:676 (5) to (x-304,y-88).

01:19:132 (1,2,3,1) - Consider spacing these notes out a little to give some variety, and especially if this isn't going to be the easiest diff, consider adding some more notes into this section (even something as simple as a 1/1 slider at 01:19:833, then repeated for each measure), as the difficulty drop currently doesn't really flow with the rest of the song.

01:40:185 (1) - Make this into a 1/1 slider repeating 4 times to go with the drum track.

Hard
This difficulty has no breaks, which means it can get tiring. Consider including a break from 01:10:710 to 01:19:131, as in the Normal diff.

00:14:921 (2,3,4,5) - Consider making this look more symmetrical. I would move (2) to (x-144,y-136), (3) to (x-264,y-192), (4) to (x-252,y-72), and then lastly make (5) start underneath (3) as it did before. In the end, I imagine it looking something like this, although you may want to change the orientation of the slider (5) to suit your taste:

00:19:482 (5,6,1,2,3,4) - Consider doing something similar here to neaten this section up and avoid any awkward overlapping.

00:25:799 (3) - Using red nodes as a slider "anchor" in this way looks cool, but I believe it is unrankable, (or at least frowned upon) since it becomes very hard for the player to judge the required slider velocity. If you want to make slower/quicker sliders, use an inherited (green) point to adjust the slider velocity.

00:27:904 (6) - As above.

00:43:079 (3) - Remove this note, the triplet here is unnecessary, since it's not a note found in the backing track, and the 1/2 pattern that you're using for the rest of this section works perfectly fine.

00:44:483 (3) - As above.

00:56:413 (5,7) - Remove these two notes - A triplet pattern here is fine for this difficulty, no need to make it a five-note roll.

01:27:903 - This pause feels awkward, so consider mapping a few notes in here such as a circle at 01:27:903 and a 1/1 slider at 01:28:254.

01:38:079 (3,4) - Distance spacing feels off here, try keeping it the same as for the previous notes in this combo.

02:03:781 (5,7) - As 00:56:413 (5,7).

Lunatic
00:06:149 (1) - No suggestion for change, just wanted to say that I like the fact that you've mapped out a few extra seconds at the beginning of this diff (:

00:31:413 (1,2,3,4) - These could be arranged into a nicer pattern, like a diamond. They look a bit messy at the moment.

00:36:850 - I would move the spinner end back 1/2 to 00:36:675, to give a little extra time to react to the next note, since it's far from the centre of the playfield.

01:01:588 (3) - As 00:25:799 (3) and 00:27:904 (6) in Hard, consider adjusting slider velocity rather than using anchor points.

01:28:079 (3,4,5,6,7) - I think this section is mapped to the piano? Which is confusing since it switches very quickly from being mapped to the backing drum beat, so it just felt really awkward to play. If you want to keep this mapped to the piano, consider remapping to something like this, where 01:27:684 (2) is a 1/8 slider repeating once:

The pattern then transitions straight back into the drum track without warning however, so if you're going to do this, you may want to remove or remap 01:28:957 (1,2,3,4) to put a slight pause for readjustment.

Hope this helped! If you want to ask me any questions or discuss my suggestions further, please don't hesitate to pm/msg me. Good luck! (:
Will do! I happened to look at this right after i went in and cleaned up some stuff via random suggestion. But i'll go through this mod soon; its time for me to work in a few mins from now lol. Thanks so much for the mod! I'll be making this map as close to perfect as possible. <33

As for Easy GD, if you can come up with it before the 1st poster, or the other person then it's your spot. :)

sullywally wrote:

I think i'll make the extra diff, not sure tho if it'll become extra diff :D . I'll let you know when i finished the map.

Also check the AImod in every diff, some of the object and kiai isn't snapped.

Love the music, by the way... :)
Take your time, I can barely wait. P: If it looks good, I'll restrict the Extra GD spot.
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

JBHyperion wrote:

General Comments:
Adjusted and made each of the small changes to kiai and song setup.

Map-Specific Comments:

Normal

Changed.

Changed.

Changed.

No change, sticking to the ringing sound with the single slider to finish up while using the slider tick for the sound. Might change the slider shape.

Hard
No change, I feel it slows down enough to merit having no break. Also already being under 3 stars doesn't make it too bad for a Hard.

Changed.

I think it's fine, frowned upon or not, being able to play a Hard seems to be within the ability of slowing down at the end of a slider with the notes slowed down after it. I'll keep it noted.

00:27:904 (6) - As above.^

Changed.

00:44:483 (3) - As above.Changed.

Sounds good, and the rest of the difficulty could use a little burst of difficulty I think. I'll keep it in mind.

01:27:903 - This pause feels awkward, so consider mapping a few notes in here such as a circle at 01:27:903 and a 1/1 slider at 01:28:254.Changed.

01:38:079 (3,4) - Distance spacing feels off here, try keeping it the same as for the previous notes in this combo.It lessens slowly over the four notes before. I'll reshape it but i think it adds artistic quality.

02:03:781 (5,7) - As 00:56:413 (5,7).No change.

Lunatic
:3 Thanks~

Cleaned up.

Nice, changed.

No change, looks good and I don't see why it shouldn't be okay for a 4 star+ map at least regarding reading-wise.

I believe I changed this around a little bit after the mod, without looking at this. My mistake. It still does follow piano, but now it includes a bit of both the piano and drum track to stay in the piano even after the combo.

Added JBHyperion's and Project Railgun's Easy GD, now an Extra is all that's left~ That's being waited on but now I'll implement mods of both for now after approval. Thanks for the diffs, guise
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
Mod via PM with STYNGY
From Chatlog
08:38 STYNGY: well i don't think my tips will help your map get ranked sooner
08:40 STYNGY: I can't even pass it :C
08:41 Kamidachi: Any tips help, haha. it's okay
08:41 Kamidachi: ive been standard for almost 2 years
08:41 STYNGY: well i've been standard for 4.5 years since i started play osu! but i still sucks at it
08:42 Kamidachi: xD
08:46 STYNGY: 00:21:588 (5,6) - I'd like to make this not repeateble slider but a big one Kept for diversity and flow
08:47 STYNGY: (Insane)
08:47 Kamidachi: o:
08:47 STYNGY: (I'm worst mod)
08:47 STYNGY: (ever)
08:47 Kamidachi: its okay, it helps :p
08:48 Kamidachi: Those sliders are hard, i've changed them a lot so you highlighting them means i should probably fix them more
08:49 STYNGY: It's my own vision of situation.As creator of this map you can allow or deny my tips(You probably should deny it cause i can mod easy max)
08:50 STYNGY: 00:24:044 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Maybe change some of them into sliders? Mm..nope. maybe later
08:50 Kamidachi: As a mapper, i take all critique and think about it at least
08:50 STYNGY: (then you allow with it or deny it)
08:50 Kamidachi: right
08:52 STYNGY: 00:38:606 (2) - looks like it's a little bit early then sound
08:53 STYNGY: Oh,my bad :C
08:53 STYNGY: It's ok
08:54 STYNGY: 00:39:307 (5) - Change it into notes? Kept slider for diversity.
08:55 Kamidachi: Ooh i see, perhaps
08:55 Kamidachi: I'll adjust 00:38:606
08:57 STYNGY: Don't adjust 00:38:606 my bad it's okay
08:57 Kamidachi: Too late, i like the suggestion :p
08:59 STYNGY: 01:15:228 (7,8) - What about double and triple? Changed layout, kept two doubles
09:01 STYNGY: 01:17:334 (4) - double? Changed
09:03 STYNGY: 01:18:957 (1) - ^ I like this slider, i'd like to keep this kinda as long as it can be placed according to criteria

09:05 STYNGY: 01:27:728 (2) - After this one there's a sound Don't see, but doublechecked
09:05 Kamidachi: Hmm, i see
09:06 STYNGY: But there's no note,and it breaks stream(imho)
Keada
Hey :3 though of stopping by with a mod :D

• Hard

1. 01:12:816 (3,4) - consider making these slider ticks at the red ticks (sounds nicer)
  2. Fix this :>

• Lunatic

1. 00:24:394 (1,2,1,2) - you could make these a liiittle more spaced so they dont stack with eachother like this
  2. 00:37:202 (1) - Blanket here?
  3. 00:38:606 (2) - ^
  4. 00:40:711 (5) - ^
  5. 00:45:448 (1) - try to stack perfectly with stream, on x:224 y:144
  6. 00:50:711 (1,2,3,4,1) - try to have the same DS between these, for example like this
  7. 00:52:465 (3) - blanket?
  8. 01:03:693 (1) - place this at x:352 y:184 for a nice triangle shape
  9. 01:15:228 (7) - you could make this a reverse slider with 2 ticks, because the rhytm on the notes after was hard to read etc.
  10. 01:15:974 (1,2,3) - could also make these more spaced :> (more of personal preference though)
  11. 01:17:333 (4) - make this a 1/4 slider on blue tick on 01:17:289 -
  12. 01:17:464 (5) - and for this, set your snap divisor to 1/8 and place here 01:17:508 - fits more with the music (and try placing it further away from the slider, so it looks nicer, for example like this
  13. 01:28:255 (4) - move forward one tick with using 1/8 snap divisor

And one more thing! I wondered if I could make a diff for this? around 4.7-5 stars :> (info me in game or with PM about it :3 )
JBHyperion

Keada wrote:

And one more thing! I wondered if I could make a diff for this? around 4.7-5 stars :> (info me in game or with PM about it :3 )
Hello again Keada (:

This is definitely an offer worth considering Kamidachi, I recently modded this map which I think proves their credentials, so they have my support (Y), but of course the final decision is with you (not sure if you're still expecting something from one of the original posters who said they were doing an Extra maybe?)
lit120
mod in Lunatic mode only

LUNATIC
  1. 00:50:711 (1,2,3,4) - not really stack with 00:51:062 (1) properly
  2. 01:52:290 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ until it stacks with 01:52:816 (1) -
  3. 01:54:920 (3) - move this one up a bit
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Keada wrote:

Hey :3 though of stopping by with a mod :D

• Hard

1. 01:12:816 (3,4) - consider making these slider ticks at the red ticks (sounds nicer) Changed
  2. Fix this :> Fixeded. :3

• Lunatic

1. 00:24:394 (1,2,1,2) - you could make these a liiittle more spaced so they dont stack with eachother like this
  2. 00:37:202 (1) - Blanket here? Gonna keep these two for the angle they give
  3. 00:38:606 (2) - ^^
  4. 00:40:711 (5) - ^ Works better here, changed.
  5. 00:45:448 (1) - try to stack perfectly with stream, on x:224 y:144 I knew that felt wonky, changed.
  6. 00:50:711 (1,2,3,4,1) - try to have the same DS between these, for example like this Changed (:
  7. 00:52:465 (3) - blanket? Changed
  8. 01:03:693 (1) - place this at x:352 y:184 for a nice triangle shape Changed
  9. 01:15:228 (7) - you could make this a reverse slider with 2 ticks, because the rhytm on the notes after was hard to read etc.Turned slider for a different approach
  10. 01:15:974 (1,2,3) - could also make these more spaced :> (more of personal preference though)Spaced jussst a tiny bit.
  11. 01:17:333 (4) - make this a 1/4 slider on blue tick on 01:17:289 - Doesn't fit right imo
  12. 01:17:464 (5) - and for this, set your snap divisor to 1/8 and place here 01:17:508 - fits more with the music (and try placing it further away from the slider, so it looks nicer, for example like this Made a similar change, however i feel like i might of misinterpreted the one before. But just contact me if you will about it.
  13. 01:28:255 (4) - move forward one tick with using 1/8 snap divisor
Changed.

Thanks so much for the mod, enjoy dat 2 KD :p
PM'd and confirmed for a GD, can't wait till it's up. Certainly take your time.

JBHyperion wrote:

Keada wrote:

Hello again Keada (:

This is definitely an offer worth considering Kamidachi, I recently modded this map which I think proves their credentials, so they have my support (Y), but of course the final decision is with you (not sure if you're still expecting something from one of the original posters who said they were doing an Extra maybe?)
I totes agree, extra hype \o\
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

lit120 wrote:

mod in Lunatic mode only

LUNATIC
  1. 00:50:711 (1,2,3,4) - not really stack with 00:51:062 (1) properly Addressed in above mod.
  2. 01:52:290 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^ until it stacks with 01:52:816 (1) - That was quite vague, its not stacking currently.
  3. 01:54:920 (3) - move this one up a bitNo reason why I should or what for?
Thank you very much for the mod; however, I cannot award KD for this.
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
Keada's Extra diff is now a part of this mapset~ Thanks so much, Keada. Your hard work shall be published soon, I hope ;3
JBHyperion

Kamidachi wrote:

Keada's Extra diff is now a part of this mapset~ Thanks so much, Keada. Your hard work shall be published soon, I hope ;3
Hype! ^^
happy30
[Hypersion's Easy]
Having the loudest hitsound on the slidertick threw me off a bit.
00:21:587 (3) - I would make this slider 1/1 longer maybe, the next note is really easy to miss (hitting too early) because of the sudden rhythm change. (remember that new players can't really read distance snap that well)

This won't be nice of me, but your mapping suffers of the clockpattern syndrome. x-x
press alt+a to select all notes on the screen, you'll see that you rarely use the center of the screen.
Some patterns just go around in circles, especially after the 2nd break, it's just 1 clockwise motion.
I don't know if this is intentional, but some mappers do it unintentional so i'll point this out.

[Railgun's Easy]
Too much symmetry, it's like you only mapped half of the actual map :?
It can be good, but especially during kiai time, the symmetry isn't consistent with the rhythm, making it forced symmetry.
add hitsounds.

[Normal]
01:00:886 (3,4,1) - this looks a little sloppy

[Hard]
01:02:113 (6) - this note feels a bit unnecessary

[Lunatic]
00:31:412 (3,4,5,6) - there's a lot of tension in the song at this part, but the map is really lacking...

[Kaede's Extra Stage]
a little overmapped, hard to see your style back into this map. I cannot give you much suggestions so.

I think the mapset is lacking a good intuitive rhythm through all diffs.
It isn't really compensated by those wacky sliders imo, they look kind of odd.
It's a hard to song to make rhythmically interesting, I hoped you would've put more effort into that.
JBHyperion

happy30 wrote:

[Hyperion's Easy]
Having the loudest hitsound on the slidertick threw me off a bit. I agree, I think something like the default slidertick or soft sampleset hitnormal would be better. Kamidachi, I can get some new hitsounds if you like so just let me know
00:21:587 (3) - I would make this slider 1/1 longer maybe, the next note is really easy to miss (hitting too early) because of the sudden rhythm change. (remember that new players can't really read distance snap that well) Fixed

This won't be nice of me, but your mapping suffers of the clockpattern syndrome. x-x
press alt+a to select all notes on the screen, you'll see that you rarely use the center of the screen.
Some patterns just go around in circles, especially after the 2nd break, it's just 1 clockwise motion.
I don't know if this is intentional, but some mappers do it unintentional so i'll point this out.
This is a fair comment, and I'm not taking it badly at all - this was one of the first maps I made, and it hasn't had a lot of attention. For that reason, I haven't looked at it probably as much as I should have done since I've gained more experience. I feel the timeline is okay, but I'm probably going to remap most of the patterns to make a more interesting flow.
Thanks for the mod! (:
Also, Kamidachi, if you could add ProjectRailgun, Keada and myself to tags for our GDs, that would be wicked ^^

Updates
osu file format v14

[General]
AudioFilename: UFO Extra Boss - Heian Alien.mp3
AudioLeadIn: 0
PreviewTime: 79131
Countdown: 0
SampleSet: Soft
StackLeniency: 0.7
Mode: 0
LetterboxInBreaks: 0
WidescreenStoryboard: 0

[Editor]
Bookmarks: 11763,45447,67903,79131,101587,112815,135271
DistanceSpacing: 0.7
BeatDivisor: 2
GridSize: 4
TimelineZoom: 1

[Metadata]
Title:Heian Alien
TitleUnicode:平安のエイリアン
Artist:ZUN
ArtistUnicode:ZUN
Creator:Kamidachi
Version:Hyperion's Easy
Source:Touhou 12 UFO
Tags:東方星蓮船 EX ボス unidentified fantastic object UFO Extra Stage Boss Nue Houjuu theme shrine youkai temple th12
BeatmapID:646293
BeatmapSetID:268271

[Difficulty]
HPDrainRate:2
CircleSize:3
OverallDifficulty:2
ApproachRate:3
SliderMultiplier:0.8
SliderTickRate:1

[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"Nue Huujou1.jpg",0,0
//Break Periods
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples

[TimingPoints]
31412,-100,4,2,1,70,0,0
33517,-100,4,2,2,70,0,0
45447,-100,4,2,2,70,0,1
67903,-100,4,2,2,70,0,0
79131,-100,4,2,1,70,0,0
100184,-100,4,2,2,70,0,0
104394,-100,4,2,1,70,0,0
106499,-100,4,2,2,70,0,0
112815,-100,4,2,2,70,0,1
135271,-100,4,2,2,70,0,0

[Colours]
Combo1 : 128,128,64
Combo2 : 136,136,136
Combo3 : 187,0,0
Combo4 : 109,75,243

[HitObjects]
80,64,11763,5,2,0:0:0:0:
176,112,12464,1,0,0:0:0:0:
272,64,13166,2,0,P|360:56|436:120,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
328,168,14570,5,2,0:0:0:0:
436,204,15271,1,0,0:0:0:0:
356,280,15973,2,0,P|359:322|382:353,2,80,2|0|4,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
328,168,17377,5,2,0:0:0:0:
224,204,18078,1,0,0:0:0:0:
236,316,18780,2,0,P|159:294|114:228,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
148,124,20184,5,2,0:0:0:0:
196,24,20885,1,0,0:0:0:0:
308,24,21587,2,0,B|386:16|355:147|355:147|487:101|484:172,1,320,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
476,228,23342,5,8,0:0:0:0:
392,300,24043,1,8,0:0:0:0:
280,304,24745,1,8,0:0:0:0:
340,148,25798,6,0,P|268:116|197:147,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
112,220,27201,1,0,0:0:0:0:
136,272,27552,2,0,P|165:299|200:318,1,80,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
312,320,28605,5,2,0:0:0:0:
256,224,29306,1,0,0:0:0:0:
184,136,30008,2,0,P|255:104|328:136,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
412,208,31412,6,0,B|383:230|362:298|362:298|302:325,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
200,320,32815,2,0,B|148:298|148:298|128:229|99:208,1,160,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
256,192,34219,12,0,37026,0:0:0:0:
256,64,45447,5,2,0:0:0:0:
368,96,46149,1,0,0:0:0:0:
408,200,46850,2,0,P|372:272|276:300,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
296,188,48254,5,2,0:0:0:0:
192,140,48956,1,2,0:0:0:0:
186,26,49657,2,0,P|114:57|79:127,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
128,228,51061,5,2,0:0:0:0:
240,244,51763,1,0,0:0:0:0:
320,168,52464,2,0,P|317:125|299:92,2,80,2|0|2,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
352,276,53868,5,2,0:0:0:0:
276,360,54570,1,0,0:0:0:0:
168,332,55271,2,0,B|96:296|96:296|145:218|96:136,1,240,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
96,32,57026,5,2,0:0:0:0:
192,80,57727,1,0,0:0:0:0:
256,168,58429,2,0,P|265:218|242:264,1,80,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
184,332,59482,6,0,P|256:360|332:328,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
412,252,60885,2,0,L|492:252,2,80,2|0|2,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
332,172,62289,5,2,0:0:0:0:
252,252,62991,1,0,0:0:0:0:
140,252,63692,2,0,B|44:252|16:152,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
132,136,65096,5,8,0:0:0:0:
214,58,65798,1,8,0:0:0:0:
247,167,66499,1,8,0:0:0:0:
330,89,67201,1,8,0:0:0:0:
256,192,67903,12,0,70709,0:0:0:0:
448,192,79131,5,2,0:0:0:0:
400,288,79833,1,0,0:0:0:0:
336,196,80534,2,0,P|272:152|188:168,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
248,260,81938,5,2,0:0:0:0:
136,256,82640,1,0,0:0:0:0:
80,156,83342,2,0,B|100:72|160:64|196:88|196:88|240:4|348:36,1,320,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
292,132,85447,5,2,0:0:0:0:
368,216,86149,1,0,0:0:0:0:
316,316,86850,2,0,P|392:328|457:283,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
472,172,88254,5,2,0:0:0:0:
384,104,88956,2,0,P|320:56|224:40,1,160,0|2,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
132,36,90359,5,2,0:0:0:0:
68,128,91061,1,0,0:0:0:0:
180,140,91763,2,0,P|236:182|254:266,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
144,248,93166,5,2,0:0:0:0:
180,352,93868,1,0,0:0:0:0:
292,352,94570,2,0,P|359:326|388:232,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
280,240,95973,5,2,0:0:0:0:
184,180,96675,1,0,0:0:0:0:
184,68,97377,1,0,0:0:0:0:
280,8,98079,1,2,0:0:0:0:
388,40,98780,6,0,P|340:104|232:112,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
156,104,100184,1,2,0:0:0:0:
76,180,100885,1,0,0:0:0:0:
104,288,101587,5,2,0:0:0:0:
190,364,102289,1,0,0:0:0:0:
305,358,102991,2,0,B|389:352|395:245|395:245|502:239|508:154,1,320,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
448,64,105096,5,2,0:0:0:0:
360,132,105798,2,0,B|279:171|214:80|126:121,1,240
120,232,107552,6,0,P|48:199|16:124,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
68,28,108956,2,0,P|144:4|220:28,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
144,112,110359,2,0,B|64:224|144:336|304:336|384:224|356:120|272:120|236:160,1,480,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
212,188,112815,5,2,0:0:0:0:
212,76,113517,1,0,0:0:0:0:
308,16,114219,2,0,P|388:28|439:92,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
332,128,115622,5,2,0:0:0:0:
420,196,116324,1,0,0:0:0:0:
348,280,117026,2,0,P|388:304|440:304,2,80,2|0|0,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
260,212,118429,5,2,0:0:0:0:
160,264,119131,1,0,0:0:0:0:
60,208,119833,2,0,P|44:280|92:356,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
196,368,121236,5,2,0:0:0:0:
308,368,121938,1,0,0:0:0:0:
416,332,122640,2,0,B|456:312|492:312|492:312|432:240|464:160,1,240,2|4,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
500,56,124394,5,2,0:0:0:0:
388,72,125096,1,0,0:0:0:0:
356,180,125798,2,0,P|320:164|293:130,1,80,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
280,20,126850,6,0,P|212:56|180:136,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
120,224,128254,2,0,P|77:212|53:174,2,80,2|0|0,0:0|0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
232,232,129657,5,2,0:0:0:0:
308,148,130359,1,0,0:0:0:0:
368,52,131061,2,0,P|416:116|400:212,1,160,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
320,260,132464,5,2,0:0:0:0:
224,324,133166,1,2,0:0:0:0:
220,212,133868,1,2,0:0:0:0:
124,148,134570,1,2,0:0:0:0:
256,192,135271,12,0,138078,0:0:0:0:
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

happy30 wrote:

[Hypersion's Easy]
Having the loudest hitsound on the slidertick threw me off a bit.
00:21:587 (3) - I would make this slider 1/1 longer maybe, the next note is really easy to miss (hitting too early) because of the sudden rhythm change. (remember that new players can't really read distance snap that well)

I don't know if this is intentional, but some mappers do it unintentional so i'll point this out. Changes above.

[Railgun's Easy]
Too much symmetry, it's like you only mapped half of the actual map :?
It can be good, but especially during kiai time, the symmetry isn't consistent with the rhythm, making it forced symmetry.
add hitsounds.

[Normal]
01:00:886 (3,4,1) - this looks a little sloppy - Changed.

[Hard]
01:02:113 (6) - this note feels a bit unnecessary - Kept this, made similar parts of the song match this to keep momentum.

[Lunatic]
00:31:412 (3,4,5,6) - there's a lot of tension in the song at this part, but the map is really lacking... Going to go through the map and revamp some of the parts that I assume you're referring to that are lacking. Hopefully I can get some more suggestions to improve the map.

[Kaede's Extra Stage]
a little overmapped, hard to see your style back into this map. I cannot give you much suggestions so. Informed, will get to this

I think the mapset is lacking a good intuitive rhythm through all diffs.
It isn't really compensated by those wacky sliders imo, they look kind of odd.
It's a hard to song to make rhythmically interesting, I hoped you would've put more effort into that.
I appreciate the perspective on it, I'll see what I can do to remedy the ending comments. The sliders could indeed use work in a sense of their shape for the rhythm, however, at most I can simply increase the effort I've put into it to make it better. Thanks again.

JBHyperion wrote:

happy30 wrote:

[Hyperion's Easy]
Having the loudest hitsound on the slidertick threw me off a bit. I agree, I think something like the default slidertick or soft sampleset hitnormal would be better. Kamidachi, I can get some new hitsounds if you like so just let me know
00:21:587 (3) - I would make this slider 1/1 longer maybe, the next note is really easy to miss (hitting too early) because of the sudden rhythm change. (remember that new players can't really read distance snap that well) Fixed

This is a fair comment, and I'm not taking it badly at all - this was one of the first maps I made, and it hasn't had a lot of attention. For that reason, I haven't looked at it probably as much as I should have done since I've gained more experience. I feel the timeline is okay, but I'm probably going to remap most of the patterns to make a more interesting flow.
Thanks for the mod! (:
Also, Kamidachi, if you could add ProjectRailgun, Kaeda and myself to tags for our GDs, that would be wicked ^^
Roger that, my mistake. It slipped my mind that your(and Railgun's) diff also doesn't have full name to catch the search bar. Will do.
Battquif
Hi M4M from your modding queue :

Normal :

• 00:11:764 (1,1) - Try to destack it, it's very hard to read it for a beginner.
    00:15:974 (3,4,5) - If you really want to do something like it, make a triangle.
    00:16:676 (5) - "prev 0.75 next 0.6" try to put "prev" and "next" at the same distance
    00:22:992 (1,2,3,4) - You can curve(bend? I don't know..You have anderstood) them to a better flow.
    00:26:851 (2) - 368:24 ; 00:27:202 (3) - 296:88 ; 00:27:553 (4) - 224;24 ; 00:27:904 (5) - 152:88. It's better like it.
    00:28:606 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Rework it, I said it : "Try to destack it, it's very hard to read it for a beginner."
    00:45:448 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ^
    00:51:062 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Look at this for before, this one is better ;)(don't change it)
    00:59:132 (4) - It's a detail but "try to put "prev" and "next" at the same distance."
    01:02:290 (1,2,3,4) - Overlap :(
    01:23:342 (1) - Why didn't you finish the square??
    01:28:956 (1) - ^
    01:46:851 (3) - Make a slider 1/2 or move 01:47:378 (1) - farther, otherwise the player (beginner) will probably click too early...
    01:52:816 (1,1) - destack
    02:04:044 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - How many beginner want you to kill?? xD destack it or you'll loose a lot of people. ;)
    02:09:658 (1,2,3,4) - Overlap :(
Hard :

• CS3.5; AR8 or 7.5; HP6
    00:22:992 (1,2) - too close of 00:21:588 (5) -
    00:22:992 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This part can't be like it, change it. You can change this 00:23:167 (2,3) - with a slider etc... But, because of the distance of 00:23:167 (2) - to 00:23:342 (3) - and 00:23:342 (3) - to 00:23:693 (4) - is the same, you'll loose all of people (I missed the first time).
    00:28:606 (1) - try to move it at 400:208 for a better flow (That will change the rest of this part)
    00:29:307 (2,3) - Not beautiful
    00:40:009 (1) - to 00:42:465 (6) - This part is better but hard too, for me, it's like a stream but it's too slow for a stream... I'm sure you can change it (sliders maybe?? why not :D)
    00:42:815 (1) - 00:44:571 (3) - ^ (but it's not a stream, just try to do something better)
    Players can do this : 00:44:921 (4,5,6,7) - but it's better to finish with a slider, so change it 00:45:272 (7,1) - with a slider.
    00:47:553 (3,1) - Why not stack? You stacked 00:46:500 (4,2) -
    00:50:885 (6,1) - Why the spacing change??
    00:53:869 (1,2) - Not beautiful at all
    00:56:325 (4,5,6,7) - overmaped... The song don't need a stream in a Hard diff.
    01:02:290 (1,2) - Overlap..
    01:03:693 (3,4) - ^
    01:13:518 (5) - Move it right of the slider for follow the flow.
    01:18:956 (1,2,3) - For a Hard diff player, it will be hard to acc this, you can change it with a reverse slider.
    01:33:167 (1,2) - move right the 2nd slider
    01:36:324 (4,1,2,3,4) - Change it, the spacing is not good.
    01:40:535 (2,3,4) - The spacing can't be the same.
    01:47:378 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why break the following of the slid like that??
    01:57:027 (3,4,5) - Make a better traingle here
    02:03:693 (4,5,6,7,1) - Overmaped.
    02:09:658 (3,4) - Overlap
Lunatic : (It's more an insane than a Lunatic xD)

• AR8.5
    00:09:833 (4,5,1) - Try to do something like that : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3086570
    00:17:202 (7) - distance snap 1.5* should be better.(prev and next)
    00:18:781 (1,2,3) - You can copy past 00:17:378 (1,2,3) - (CTRL+H +J then reverse, you have anderstood)
    00:25:097 (3,4,5,6,7) - spacing
    00:38:430 (1,2) - ^
    00:38:780 (3,5) - overlap
    00:46:500 (2,4) - stack maybe?
    00:54:921 (4) - rotate it anti-clockwise
    00:56:850 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't really like this part, should be better with jump or slider..
    00:58:605 (10,11,1) - stack it
    01:15:228 (7,8,9) - spacing
    01:17:289 (4,5) - You can't pass from red bars to blue bars with circle, change it to a slider or something but everybody will have trouble to acc this. + the spacing with the slider 6.
    01:22:290 (2) - the spacing is like a 1/2..
    01:23:693 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - Rework it
    01:27:553 (1,2) - More than before, if you don't know this part, you CAN'T 100% it.
    01:28:298 (4,5) - ^
    01:40:185 (1,2,3,4,5) - It's like a stream but it's not, up the spacing.
    02:09:658 (5,6,7,8) - Overlap..
Sorry if I didn't mod more diff but I think you already have a lot of work xD (I tried to mod easy map but I didn't found anything bad, sorry JBHyperion :( )
Good luck for the future! ;)
JBHyperion

Battquif wrote:

Sorry if I didn't mod more diff but I think you already have a lot of work xD (I tried to mod easy map but I didn't found anything bad, sorry JBHyperion :( )
Thanks for the mod friend, I'll try to mod your map tomorrow (:
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Battquif wrote:

Hi M4M from your modding queue :

Normal :

• 00:11:764 (1,1) - Try to destack it, it's very hard to read it for a beginner. I disagree. Even so, there are two Easy diffs...there should be some pattern progression in difficulties.
    00:15:974 (3,4,5) - If you really want to do something like it, make a triangle.Would ruin the blanket. It's an acute triangle as well.
    00:16:676 (5) - "prev 0.75 next 0.6" try to put "prev" and "next" at the same distance Flow is okay like this, no change.
    00:22:992 (1,2,3,4) - You can curve(bend? I don't know..You have anderstood) them to a better flow.Maybe. I'll consider it.
    00:26:851 (2) - 368:24 ; 00:27:202 (3) - 296:88 ; 00:27:553 (4) - 224;24 ; 00:27:904 (5) - 152:88. It's better like it.Sure.
    00:28:606 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Rework it, I said it : "Try to destack it, it's very hard to read it for a beginner." Repeating patterns, I feel it's learnable over one or two retries. No change.
    00:45:448 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - ^Keeping the pattern, changed places of 4/1
    00:51:062 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Look at this for before, this one is better ;)(don't change it) Thank you, gotta mix it up though.
    00:59:132 (4) - It's a detail but "try to put "prev" and "next" at the same distance." Distance is a .05 difference, and is even a new combo. No change.
    01:02:290 (1,2,3,4) - Overlap :( Looks fine and very readable.
    01:23:342 (1) - Why didn't you finish the square?? Symmetry.
    01:28:956 (1) - ^ Symmetry.
    01:46:851 (3) - Make a slider 1/2 or move 01:47:378 (1) - farther, otherwise the player (beginner) will probably click too early...Good idea. Changed.
    01:52:816 (1,1) - destack No change.
    02:04:044 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - How many beginner want you to kill?? xD destack it or you'll loose a lot of people. ;) This stack sequence was gradually built up over the entire song. I think it's a good start to begin learning these in this way. I 'may' change this but for now, no change.
    02:09:658 (1,2,3,4) - Overlap :( Each slider is 99% visible.
Hard :

• CS3.5; AR8 or 7.5; HP6 CS3.5 on a Hard, I rather not. It's already under 3 stars.
    00:22:992 (1,2) - too close of 00:21:588 (5) - No change.
    00:22:992 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This part can't be like it, change it. You can change this 00:23:167 (2,3) - with a slider etc... But, because of the distance of 00:23:167 (2) - to 00:23:342 (3) - and 00:23:342 (3) - to 00:23:693 (4) - is the same, you'll loose all of people (I missed the first time).Only veteran players can read everything a first time. No change.
    00:28:606 (1) - try to move it at 400:208 for a better flow (That will change the rest of this part) Changed.
    00:29:307 (2,3) - Not beautiful Then help me make it beautiful, need a suggestion.
    00:40:009 (1) - to 00:42:465 (6) - This part is better but hard too, for me, it's like a stream but it's too slow for a stream... I'm sure you can change it (sliders maybe?? why not :D)These are singletaps. No change.
    00:42:815 (1) - 00:44:571 (3) - ^ (but it's not a stream, just try to do something better) Perhaps. No change for now.
    Players can do this : 00:44:921 (4,5,6,7) - but it's better to finish with a slider, so change it 00:45:272 (7,1) - with a slider.
    00:47:553 (3,1) - Why not stack? You stacked 00:46:500 (4,2) - Changed.
    00:50:885 (6,1) - Why the spacing change?? I may have changed this prior to mod. No current change.
    00:53:869 (1,2) - Not beautiful at all Made it more beautiful.
    00:56:325 (4,5,6,7) - overmaped... The song don't need a stream in a Hard diff.It's a short stream, I think it's fine...but I did change the shape.
    01:02:290 (1,2) - Overlap..Completely visible.
    01:03:693 (3,4) - ^Completely visible.
    01:13:518 (5) - Move it right of the slider for follow the flow.Changed.
    01:18:956 (1,2,3) - For a Hard diff player, it will be hard to acc this, you can change it with a reverse slider.Changed.
    01:33:167 (1,2) - move right the 2nd slider Changed.
    01:36:324 (4,1,2,3,4) - Change it, the spacing is not good.It's intentional for this specific part of the song.
    01:40:535 (2,3,4) - The spacing can't be the same. Changed a bit
    01:47:378 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why break the following of the slid like that??Because it's not that difficult and it repeats 3 times for ease of recognition
    01:57:027 (3,4,5) - Make a better traingle here Sure.
    02:03:693 (4,5,6,7,1) - Overmaped. No change.
    02:09:658 (3,4) - Overlap No change.
Lunatic : (It's more an insane than a Lunatic xD)
I don't think there's much difference in the names o:
  • AR8.5
    00:09:833 (4,5,1) - Try to do something like that : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3086570 Changed it a bit.
    00:17:202 (7) - distance snap 1.5* should be better.(prev and next) I think I see, cleaned up the 1.3 snap anyway
    00:18:781 (1,2,3) - You can copy past 00:17:378 (1,2,3) - (CTRL+H +J then reverse, you have anderstood) No change, intentionally changed shape
    00:25:097 (3,4,5,6,7) - spacing Changed
    00:38:430 (1,2) - ^ Changed.
    00:38:780 (3,5) - overlap No change
    00:46:500 (2,4) - stack maybe? Sure, why not.
    00:54:921 (4) - rotate it anti-clockwise
    00:56:850 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't really like this part, should be better with jump or slider..Me either...I'll do something with it.
    00:58:605 (10,11,1) - stack it Changed
    01:15:228 (7,8,9) - spacing Fixed
    01:17:289 (4,5) - You can't pass from red bars to blue bars with circle, change it to a slider or something but everybody will have trouble to acc this. + the spacing with the slider 6. Changed
    01:22:290 (2) - the spacing is like a 1/2..Its fine. But adjusted.
    01:23:693 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - Rework itNope.
    01:27:553 (1,2) - More than before, if you don't know this part, you CAN'T 100% it.That's like saying if you never heard a song, you can't 100%. Approach circles and retries.
    01:28:298 (4,5) - ^Adjusted
    01:40:185 (1,2,3,4,5) - It's like a stream but it's not, up the spacing.Sure.
    02:09:658 (5,6,7,8) - Overlap..Is this not okay in an Insane at 170bpm where sliderstarts are completely visible? I think it's fine.
6 hours in editor later. Work complete. p: Thanks so much for the mod, I definitely found some things I didn't know what to do with and found some other things to tweak. I'll be continuing to make it as sexy as possible for the peeples.

P.S: Was logged in too long and lost half of my mod response. I'll readd my comments/changes over the next bit, but im tired of looking at this reply page. Gonna start editing in notepad.
Side
Edit: Forgot to add something in general section.

From #modreqs

General

01:52:815 - Move preview point here.
Change Source to 東方 Project Or just Touhou. Leave the other details in the tags section.

Hard

Change AR to 7.5 or at most 8.

00:56:324 (4,5,6,7,1) - 5 streams are a bit too hard for a 171 bpm hard. Use sliders to keep the hitsounds.
02:03:693 (4,5,6,7,1) - Same as above.
01:15:534 (8,9) - Remove note 9 change 8 to a 1/4 slider so it sounds more true to the melody.
01:28:868 (1) - Sounds strange as a 1/4 slider. Either change to a note or extend slider to where note 2 is.

Normal

01:02:992 (2) - Change hitsound to SC
01:04:395 (4) - Change hitsound to SC

Railgun's Easy

00:31:412 (3,4,5,6) - Looks a bit weird. Try to make it look more like a normal square or with more proportional angles. Or make it look like the other sections ahead like 02:06:850 (3,4,5,6). You have this pattern a lot so might as well use it again.

Other than that everything looks fine to me. Best of luck :)
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Side wrote:

Edit: Forgot to add something in general section.

From #modreqs

General

01:52:815 - Move preview point here. Changed.
Change Source to 東方 Project Or just Touhou. Leave the other details in the tags section.

Hard

Change AR to 7.5 or at most 8. Changed to AR8.

00:56:324 (4,5,6,7,1) - 5 streams are a bit too hard for a 171 bpm hard. Use sliders to keep the hitsounds.
02:03:693 (4,5,6,7,1) - Same as above.

Assuming that there is suppose to be a separation for Lunatic here, I'll take the mod that way since it applies to them
01:15:534 (8,9) - Remove note 9 change 8 to a 1/4 slider so it sounds more true to the melody. Changed againnnn.
01:28:868 (1) - Sounds strange as a 1/4 slider. Either change to a note or extend slider to where note 2 is.I like this, changed.

Normal

01:02:992 (2) - Change hitsound to SC Woops, changed.
01:04:395 (4) - Change hitsound to SC Changed.

Railgun's Easy

00:31:412 (3,4,5,6) - Looks a bit weird. Try to make it look more like a normal square or with more proportional angles. Or make it look like the other sections ahead like 02:06:850 (3,4,5,6). You have this pattern a lot so might as well use it again. Noted and let him know.

Other than that everything looks fine to me. Best of luck :)
I really appreciate the mod, sorry about the delay. I just landed in a small vacation but I'm still here to check on it. Quite the helpful mod, and thanks again. :)
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
Specific mod via PM from HighTec.

2015-06-21 09:03 HighTec: 01:15:228 (7,8) -  1/3 snap divisor :p
2015-06-21 09:04 Kamidachi: AH
2015-06-21 09:04 HighTec: 01:28:298 (4) - too short when comparing to song
2015-06-21 09:04 Kamidachi: I couldnt figure it for the longest - 01:15:228 (7,8) has been through hell
2015-06-21 09:04 Kamidachi: oop
2015-06-21 09:04 HighTec: :p
2015-06-21 09:04 Kamidachi: It is short, but placing single notes is very awkard feeling
2015-06-21 09:05 Kamidachi: since it's actually an offtime beat
2015-06-21 09:05 HighTec: return slider?
2015-06-21 09:06 HighTec: 01:17:289 (4) - this feels awkward as well
2015-06-21 09:06 HighTec: but overall good map ^^
2015-06-21 09:06 HighTec: but I'd say call it an insane, not Lunatic
2015-06-21 09:06 Kamidachi: Thank you soooooo much. These were my two problem spots for the most part
2015-06-21 09:06 HighTec: Lunatic's most of the times around 5*
2015-06-21 09:06 Kamidachi: The return slider works good so ill play with it
2015-06-21 09:06 Kamidachi: and iirc, lunatic is an insane
2015-06-21 09:07 Kamidachi: But i'll certainly doublecheck on that
2015-06-21 09:07 HighTec: lunatic is known for being a little harder
2015-06-21 09:07 Kamidachi: I think so too, but i wanted to keep the theme is all :p
2015-06-21 09:07 HighTec: you are very welcome, everything to get a good map
2015-06-21 09:07 Kamidachi: I suppose i do have E/N/H
2015-06-21 09:07 Kamidachi: Awesome
2015-06-21 09:07 Kamidachi: <33
Vivyanne
Just a little mod:

What I wrote in chat
2015-06-21 15:03 HighTec: 01:15:228 (7,8) - 1/3 snap divisor :p --> 2015-06-21 15:05 HighTec: return slider?
2015-06-21 15:04 HighTec: 01:28:298 (4) - too short when comparing to song
2015-06-21 15:05 HighTec: 01:17:289 (4) - this feels awkward as well
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
Supermegathanks. <33

Lunatic looks really good now. Lookin fer a bubble to float on by here~
Dodecane
My first time modding~ I'm modding to prevent this map to go to graveyard. I really like this song. And I can't play insane, so no mods on Lunatic, sorry.

[General]

• - Inconsistency in PreviewTime. In Hyperion's Easy, Railgun's easy, and Hard it's 112815, and it's different in Normal and Lunatic. Maybe change all of them to the same number.
    - Consider adding "Hyperion" to all of your tags
[Normal]

• AR 5 maybe better, because it reduces the amount of objects on the screen, making stacks easier to read.
    00:28:606 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This pattern is maybe too hard to read in Normal.
[Hard]

• HP 7 is too unforgiving; HP 6 may be better.
    01:40:886 (3,4,5,6) - This differential stack is misleading and it's too hard to read even in Hard. Hit circle 5 seems unnecessary.
Sorry for bad English.
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Dodecane wrote:

My first time modding~ I'm modding to prevent this map to go to graveyard. I really like this song. And I can't play insane, so no mods on Lunatic, sorry.

[General]

• - Inconsistency in PreviewTime. In Hyperion's Easy, Railgun's easy, and Hard it's 112815, and it's different in Normal and Lunatic. Maybe change all of them to the same number. Thanks for spotting this, i thought i fixed it. Now fixed, all are at 01:52:815.
    - Consider adding "Hyperion" to all of your tags JBHyperion is in each of the tags, and the Hyperion diff should be found directly as well.
[Normal]

• AR 5 maybe better, because it reduces the amount of objects on the screen, making stacks easier to read. I actually do like AR5 on this. Changed.
    00:28:606 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This pattern is maybe too hard to read in Normal. Debateable, but from normal playtesters under rank 100k - they didn't seem to mind it much and only 1 of 4 messed up on it.
[Hard]

• HP 7 is too unforgiving; HP 6 may be better. I'll keep 7 for now, it's a slow paced hard and the jumps should be a little challenging.
    01:40:886 (3,4,5,6) - This differential stack is misleading and it's too hard to read even in Hard. Hit circle 5 seems unnecessary.Moved the stack over, kept the pattern
Sorry for bad English.
I lol'd at the anti-graveyard, I'm glad someone cares. ; v; - In all honestly, I've been watching this and my other map every other day to make sure they don't. I never want this map to be graveyarded. Everrrr. Thanks for looking out, and thanks for the mod. It was helpful. :3
Rubgrsch
First time modding~As a Hard player, I will just mod hard diff, a bit

[Hard]

OD6 maybe? You're using AR8 and HP7~
00:27:553 (6) - Increase distance, at least longer than former one or change former one shorter
00:44:220 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - only suggestion: same patterns?
01:18:956 (8) - NC and 01:21:938 (1) - no NC? Actually I'm not satisfy with NC since here, just can't find a better way
01:24:746 (5) - and 01:25:448 (1) - ^

osu need more ZUN :)
gabesito306
Thank you for the beatmap <3 I was searching for a beatmap of this song for a while
Topic Starter
Biri Biri

Charon213 wrote:

First time modding~As a Hard player, I will just mod hard diff, a bit

[Hard]

OD6 maybe? You're using AR8 and HP7 Sure, let's try it.
00:27:553 (6) - Increase distance, at least longer than former one or change former one shorter Gonna leave this one how it is.
00:44:220 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - only suggestion: same patterns?Better idea than what I had; changed.
01:18:956 (8) - NC and 01:21:938 (1) - no NC? Actually I'm not satisfy with NC since here, just can't find a better way Played with this a bit and tried something new now.
01:24:746 (5) - and 01:25:448 (1) - ^ Made similar changes.

osu need more ZUN :)
osu does need a little more ZUN. Just a tad. :3
Thanks for the mod, and I apologize for the late response. Been a bit busy lately.

gabesito306 wrote:

Thank you for the beatmap <3 I was searching for a beatmap of this song for a while
I'm glad there are other people out there that enjoy a more complete collection of these VGMs. <3 Happy to oblige.
Side
Forgot to mention that you should change the Source to 東方 Project since you already have touhou 12 in the tags. This is the source people are using for all touhou-related music while giving credit to zun and the game/project/circle/etc in the tags.

also add 封獣 ぬえ to the tags (nue's japan man name)
Boosupremo24_
Hi yeah all is ok with your beatmap ut in normal if you start by the 8th tick it would be better
(Sorry by the bad english) :)
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
I'll check this out and get back to you. o: thank you for the suggestion :3
Topic Starter
Biri Biri
The editor decided to accept me pressing [ X ] as "Okay, Submit." - whilst having an accidentally cleared post window. So all of that information is gone. I'll be working to suffice and salvage what I can for a bit. :(
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.