forum

CTB - Visibility/HUD Options

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Katy-xD
1. Sideways Health Bar (similar to mania)

This may interfere with 4:3 resolution, not too sure. The health bar being in the top portion of the screen can be distracting, as it is drawn over the notes. Due to this, most players disable the HUD when playing, but it is useful at times (checking % etc), not to mention difficult to toggle in-game unless there is a break. The score counter, on the other hand, is fine as it is in my opinion, as it covers less area, and it is easier to distinguish with the notes due to its lack of colour.

2. Reduced Hit Lighting (slider of some sort, similar to background dim)
^ Slider can either change size? or transparency. As long as it reduces it :P

The hit lighting which uses the skin's colours to create large vertical lights is extremely annoying at times as it can interfere with the visibility of approaching notes, and can make skins which utilize transparency impossible to use.

3. Reduced Catcher Hit Lighting (or cleaner look)

The current lighting is completely white, which covers the skin with a disgusting white rectangle. Would be great if it could be dimmed by 30%~ and smoothed its corners so it looks more aesthetically pleasing.

4. Option to make Combo Counter static in a corner

Some people use it for fun (lol), but overall it would be great if an option was added to designate its position on the HUD, and whether it moves. Not too much of an issue.

5. Dash Lighting reduction (slider)

Thanks to all the crazy lighting going on near the catcher, on harder maps with non-stop HDash and Dash patterns, and kiai mode, for players who look closer to the catcher (no-mod,HT) it can be possible to get distracted and lose the catchers position = combo break gg.

Just some small options/adjustments that I would like to see :P
Kurokami
1. This won't work on 4:3 as the playfield's size is exactly the same as the window. Although, with some skinning you can make it way smaller and transparent for yourself (and share it for others).

2. Kinda agree with this. This can be really annoying especially with Flashlight where you already barely see anything and at higher combo (200+) the lights are mostly covers everything.

3. wut

4. Actually, and option to move upper or down would be better with the ability to change transparency in skin.ini. Its true that alt+tab removes it, but also removes some important element like score and stuff.

5. This is also a nice idea as this can cause problems on older machines with fps drop which cause lag when goes back to normal leading to miss if not fail.

And now, since I answered to everything I would like to quote something from here
4. Keep to one request per topic.
Hemmi
2. YES, YES, YES! This must be skinnable or removable in the config file, because there's no excuse to allowing combo fire toggle, and not that!