forum

cosMo@BousouP - Oceanus

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyubey
Didn't you forget to redownload the map? It was updated there: p/4749297
Yuii-
After 3 re-downloads and 50 rechecks, even restarted my computer this is still the same, maybe I'm bugged or you need to redl?
Kyubey

Last time updated before bubble, probably it's a bug or Broccoly has put the wrong hitsound back after that time. (lazy to redl right now, going to sleep)
Yuii-
Let's wait and see what Broccoly has to say, maybe he just forgot to put it on the folder or something. Time to wait!
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Yuii- wrote:

@Broccoly: This is just a suggestion, but as none of you seem to use the whole .mp3 I'd recommend you to cut the last 30 seconds of it, that will save some space on everyone's disk. I'd like to keep it since that part of the music is beautiful although not really mappable.

soft-hitclap8.wav lasts for 30 ms, and as far as I know, hitsounds must have a length of 100 ms as a minimum. "Every .wav file must be at least 100ms long to prevent issues with soundcards." Last time I checked it was 100ms as Kyubey mentioned but I redl'd now and it actually is 30ms; probably a bug. Should be fixed now. Good catch.

Apparently, soft-hitnormal6.wav; soft-hitnormal7.wav and soft-hitnormal8.wav are silent hitsounds, meaning they have no sound at all. Is that intended? Intended indeed

Good luck!
tyvm
Irreversible

Yuii- wrote:

Irre, on a side note, and only looking at what the cool Despe said, you shouldn't map them equally the same (referring to 01:07:864 (1,2) - ). To begin with, 01:07:864 (1) - is beginning on the piano, and for that reason it'd be way more cool if you finish it 01:08:094 - there instead, where the piano hits. Or you could add another note there, of course. And the main reason why I'm telling you to change the shape of them is because they have a complete different rhythm, not to mention that 01:08:171 (2) - starts with a drum sound instead of the piano that lands on 01:08:324 - . As an example of what you can do: http://puu.sh/m6lR8/db699cb810.jpg . I really want to keep a simple rhythm here because well, it's already on the more difficult side of hard difficulties.

That's just my personal opinion on those 2 objects.
Moreover, I would strongly recommend you to finish your difficulty at the same spot everybody else does. Currently, only your difficulty is causing an inconsistency, and lately we've seen a lot of discussions from people saying "your difficulty doesn't make sense, you are ignoring 1 whole minute of the .mp3" and bla blabla ba l. This discussion literally has NO TITLE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, what a bad joke, seriously. The climax has been reached at the point where I stopped, and I'd really feel bad to ruin this moment. It's basically why I decided to keep it this way.
Thanks for your input nevertheless!
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Desperate-kun wrote:

Seems like I have to take this down again.

[SCV's Easy]

01:13:987 (1,2,3,4) -
03:04:191 (1,2,3) -

While I see the intention behind these patterns the rhythms are really complicated for an Easy and are a huge difficulty spike for this map. There is also a slight spacing difference here 01:15:518 (3,4) - that has quite a big effect on readability because the spacing looks visually like the 5/4-spacing before.

What would you think about this fix?
http://puu.sh/m66xz/754671bdb0.jpg
It would keep the current beats but make the rhythm easier to play for newbies. There is still an irregular gap but clicking a bit later won't hurt since a slider is coming afterwards.

In case you disagree with any of the above listed issues, I am sure we can find a conclusion together :3
Fixed. Good suggestion.
All updated.

@Kyubey, Gero
Would you guys be able to help with the re-qualifying again? I apologize for the inconvenience.

P.S

This was brought up in the Disqus comment
Can anyone help with the source and confirm whether the source is deemo or not?
Krah
Putting Deemo as source seems the most legit here.
Your video is indeed official and song will be a part of the game in the next version http://deemo.wikia.com/wiki/Oceanus

I had +/- the same case with Mili - A Turtle's Heart since I mapped it when it wasn't a part of the game but now it is so changed it.
What come first doesn't really matter, if a song is in a game then this game should be the source (anticipating a bit shouldn't be an issue here)
Topic Starter
Broccoly

Krah wrote:

Putting Deemo as source seems the most legit here.
Your video is indeed official and song will be a part of the game in the next version http://deemo.wikia.com/wiki/Oceanus

I had +/- the same case with Mili - A Turtle's Heart since I mapped it when it wasn't a part of the game but now it is so changed it.
What come first doesn't really matter, if a song is in a game then this game should be the source (anticipating a bit shouldn't be an issue here)
Gotcha, thanks a lot Krah! (btw i love that song)
So I guess we are good to go :)
Kyubey
That pattern in Easy looks easier now, sliders in Irre's diff look better, I don't see any issues, neat mapset is neat. Bubbled again.
Gero
I have nothing to say about this mapset, well done guys.

~ Re-Re-Qualified ~
CSLM
Well, idk about the source, 'cause now it's NOT in the game, and put it as an source without being there (even if will going to be) doesn't seems right (at least imho)
But well, i love the song, i'm waiting the Deemo 2.2 for play it
Gratz~
Myxo
Congratz :3 Awesome mapset overall! ♥
Kyouren
Ohmygod, it's deemo? >w<
Regratzz~ <3
Taeyang
내가 좋아하는맵이 드디어랭됬다아아아
ㅊㅋㅊㅋ
scanter
ㅊㅊ