forum

How long does it usually take people to 5 star?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

Chesukin wrote:

7-8 moths I think, then even longer to even fc one
Yeah, no. Maybe 4 to FC.
gregest
I still can't fc 5 star songs or at least I don't try to fc them
FieryLight
It's been 2 years and 1 week since I first started and I'm only at 4.98:
Yuudachi-kun

CptBlackBird wrote:

I still can't fc 5 star songs or at least I don't try to fc them
Here's two easy to FC 5 star songs. The second one has some bitch slider breaks near the 330 combo
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/106156&m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95431?m=0
Mahogany

FieryLight wrote:

It's been 2 years and 1 week since I first started and I'm only at 4.98:[/img]
Well recommended difficulty kinda doesn't seem to work quite right :P

I was being recommended 2.95 star songs when I was playing 4-star songs.
Vuelo Eluko
it recommends me 4.71
which most of the time is pretty difficult to FC for me.
B1rd
It recommends me 4.85. It's fairly accurate since it recommends a lot of stuff already in my top ranks, but it only recommends stuff you have to acc to get PP. That sort of stuff is good to train acc obviously, but if you want to train aim and speed you should be playing slightly harder stuff.
SnowflakeStreet
Depends how much you play really >_>
E m i

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

this minor detail seems to have been ignored by many...
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

this minor detail seems to have been ignored by many...
I thought everyone had 200+ a day.
Ethelon
Took me ~3 months with ~6,000 plays to FC a 4.92 (Killer Song) with 97.65% acc (It's the only one around 5 Star I could remember to look up)
Being able to FC one in a month would require a ton of quality playing.
CPTW

winber1 wrote:

buny wrote:

now introducing the hit circle
how do you beat this boss battle???
RyuK-
I got a B on my first 5 star in about 1-2 weeks
Solarys

buny wrote:

usually 3 mins

nah there's more tv size maps in 5* than every brain cell in the osu! community
koemada
Usually depends on people and how good they are at this game I guess? Can range from a few months to maybe even a year if they really drag things out.
kai99
8 months for me ithink or a year and what is this necro
DXPOHIHIHI
In about 6months your probably gonna be able to fc 5*
Orofil
100 hrs
Xirai
I needed sth around 2 1/2 years when i started 8 years ago...

And i could only pass one 5* song.

It was Wahrheit from yousei teikouku (??? Cannot write the 2nd name)

I loved the song so it was more likely muscle memory...

When i came back one month ago i started with jump 5* maps after 2 weeks. And last week i was able to finish 3 different 6* jump maps... but i was angry as hell...cannot redo them :p

So basically i still have problems with complicated 4* maps. I cannot do ar higher than 9.4.

Gimme a ar10 4* map and i cannot do it.

It depends strongly on the map.
RjConanan
I don't really play much, but I finished my first 5 star in my first month while playing around 30 mins per day only.
raccoongamer

RjConanan wrote:

I don't really play much, but I finished my first 5 star in my first month while playing around 30 mins per day only.

nice necro

You don’t have a 5* badge, multiacc?

UPD. OK, I see; passing a 5* with NoFail is not considered as a pass.
Carmlillball
I've always had very weak hand-eye coordination, as well as very bad anxiety mixed in the bag. I also play 3 game modes consistently. Each day, I play Osu! generally from a range, of not at all, to an hour.

I've only just passed a 5* map yesterday on the general mode.
Mentally Insane
It depends how fast you improve and how much u play. But for me I think it took like 2 or 3 months to pass one.
YamichanKawaii
Probably more than 6 months
knuttmaster

pandaBee wrote:

I just recently got the hang of doing stars in the lower 4+ range decently, but it took me quite a bit of work to get here. Which made me wonder, how long would it take your average osu player to get up to playing those scary 5 star songs?

he it took me 54 real days Or 1d1h4m ingametime to beat my first 5 star map ... (7 trys on them map) but i get like 5 pp or something cause i was so fcking bad
TNCurz2
Took me about 3-4 weeks to properly play 5*.
I was able to pass them after playing for2-3 weeks.
Juuuuuuuuul
1649 hours playtime and i'm still not playing 5* properly.
i think when i'll reach 2000 hours, i'll start to play them properly... perhaps.
I don't consider low acc pass rank C or B as "playing properly".
TNCurz2

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

1649 hours playtime and i'm still not playing 5* properly.
i think when i'll reach 2000 hours, i'll start to play them properly... perhaps.
I don't consider low acc pass rank C or B as "playing properly".

woah how do you get so much pp from no fail T_T
- Lena -
On 100h, you can fc the 5*
Ada

pandaBee wrote:

I just recently got the hang of doing stars in the lower 4+ range decently, but it took me quite a bit of work to get here. Which made me wonder, how long would it take your average osu player to get up to playing those scary 5 star songs?

Well, I FCed my first 5* Star Map today, well, technically yesterday, but anyway, it only took me like 3 days of playtime (The first day of playtime I was just playing with M+KB and I didn‘t attempt to improve before I habe my Tablet CTL-480S-S bt) so it took me 3 days of playtime in around 4 months (I don’t have so much time) to FC my first 5* Map, well, it is only at 94% but it took me like 4 attempts to FC this map and I am still improving, I will come back and get a higher Acc when I get used to the star difficulty.
But it still depends on the player himself and talent, some people have a talent to play rhythm games and improve tremendously in a short time and other ones improve slowly. But to quote Tokaku in one of her Youtube Videos (do not take it serious, it is just a joke) "You just suck, play more.“
But here are my tips.
Learn what CS, HP, AR, OD means and get used to it, play stream maps and start with a slow bpm to build up stamina. Play Jump Training Maps to improve your jump acc and your cursor speed, play longer maps, to also build up stamina and getting more consistent, so maps that are +2:30min long. Play for a longer time in a day, not only 30min, I need 30min to only warm up. Play like 3hrs or even more, at least 2 times a week to improve. But the most important thing, have fun. I don’t recommend playing maps you don‘t like, whatever the reason is, because you won’t improve as fast as you could on maps you like.
Lights
how many times are we going to resurrect this thread to add more of the same answer?