show more
nrl

Sichurin wrote:

/sign 10 chars!
/whatdoesthatmean!
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

Narrill wrote:

Scarlet Rose isn't hard, but if you can't single tap it (and honestly, why would anyone single tap it?) it requires proficiency in skills that most players just don't train very much like reading, hand synchronization, pacing, etc. It's very much a control map, and low rank players (below, say, 3k in this case) don't usually have the control for it.
I thought you were supposed to single tap it.
just pretend its basara and force yourself to alternate when you dont have to. thats what i do

finger control practice is gud
Topic Starter
ImperialYama
Its not like that i can't singletap it. Its more that my Eyes don't understand whats going on.
buny
because you can't read it

just because you're a certain rank doesn't mean you unlock new skills
Saphirshroom
Huh, I thought you earned Skillpoints when you levelled up.
Damn this game sucks.
ZenithPhantasm

Saphirshroom wrote:

Damn this game sucks.
Where can I get my skill points reset?
Ethelon

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

Damn this game sucks.
Where can I get my skill points reset?
Cash Shop only.
But let's be real you'd rather buy a pet Husky.
xasuma
Because you are not good enough.
shortpotato
protip: read with your ears not your eyes

requires minimum of 20 hours practise (anyone get my ref)
SomeLoli

MiloSx7 wrote:

Meanwhile 20k ranks players fc big black with DT
Seriously? I am 5k and I can't even stay alive for the first 10 seconds of the map. Simply I'm used to singletapping and 320bpm is just.. meh you have to alternate. Just skip it. Why does it matter? Go and play like 4 star maps that could get you some rank and practice from there
The first day you go to the gym you probably wont be lifting like 150kilos. Take your time
I dunno I benched 225 when I walked in the gym first time, and I didn't even drink any mountain dew that morning
Vuelo Eluko
the analogy doesnt work because theres a lot more ways to not be a sack of atrophy than going to the gym, namely the kinds of things you do for a living or just little lifestyle things in general

with osu the only way to get any better at it is... to play osu
E m i
strong grip/finger/overall forearm strength/whatever = more stamina?
musical experience and finger control = better accuracy?
fast reaction time = more speed?
high brain processing power(?) = more potential?
Maybe someone is very experienced in using [peripheral] and already possesses [muscle memory/neural connections]
not to mention what's happening in mania
also see 'i play osu so i can kite better in legague of lgends Xd'
8-)
Granger

[ Momiji ] wrote:

not to mention what's happening in mania
Err, thats because those players came from other games that are exactly the same except harder and stricter with their mechanisms?
gregest
scarlet rose is the hardest map ofc you can't read it
Saphirshroom

[ Momiji ] wrote:

8-)
There's even an article of "Why you should play osu!" on a freaking LoL-related page. Seeing that was the closest experience to crying and laughing I ever had.
[-Cloud-]
Because of reasons.
ZenithPhantasm

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Because of reasons.
Reason: U r 2 suk 4 scarlet r0se
Green Platinum

Saphirshroom wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

8-)
There's even an article of "Why you should play osu!" on a freaking LoL-related page. Seeing that was the closest experience to crying and laughing I ever had.
Was it on the lol version of G&R?
Yuudachi-kun
I play League to get good at Osu.
Nameless
You can't read it.

Play more
Comby
i cant read or pass scarlet rose either. On the other hand, passed image material -.-
B1rd
I am #2 4D NFDT when I abused a keyboard glitch without thinking, lol
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

I am #2 4D NFDT when I abused a keyboard glitch without thinking, lol
Macro 222bpm streams ezpz
DropPopCandy
I despise val0108's maps (go on, hate me) for the reason that it takes crazy practice to actually pass one map that's classified as five stars by the game. You can't read Scarlet Rose because you haven't practised it enough. The sliders are lightning fast, the jumps come without warning, and the AR makes it so you have to play the map tons of times until you can finally pass it (unless, of course, you're already proficient at reading AR9 and AR10). I wouldn't hate myself for not being able to do it; just keep at it and one day you'll more than likely be able to pass it
Vuelo Eluko
remember when 0108 made good maps like homework crisis and mythologia's end? when did he give up and just start projectile vomiting on his screen with the editor open to create these slider atrocities
ZenithPhantasm
Scarlet Rose shouldn't have been ranked imo.
DropPopCandy

Riince wrote:

remember when 0108 made good maps like homework crisis and mythologia's end? when did he give up and just start projectile vomiting on his screen with the editor open to create these slider atrocities

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You two are my new favourite people xD
gregest
we all know scarlet rose sucks,drum drum plz
ZenithPhantasm

dististik wrote:

Riince wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Vuelo Eluko

dististik wrote:

Riince wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

E m i

CptBlackBird wrote:

drum drum plz
this
Eddy EX
Scarlet rose is hard to read?
I never thought it was that hard to pass ._.
maybe a bit hard to keep any good combo on it.
buny

Riince wrote:

1) either you're a multi or your statement is a foundation of bullshit
2) those "slider atrocities" are a unique mapping style that came to be loved by the community. Sorry your opinion is an unpopular one

--Drake-- wrote:

Scarlet rose is hard to read?
I never thought it was that hard to pass ._.
maybe a bit hard to keep any good combo on it.
airman is easy to pass, doesn't mean it's an easy to read map

dististik wrote:

I despise val0108's maps (go on, hate me) for the reason that it takes crazy practice to actually pass one map that's classified as five stars by the game. You can't read Scarlet Rose because you haven't practised it enough. The sliders are lightning fast, the jumps come without warning, and the AR makes it so you have to play the map tons of times until you can finally pass it (unless, of course, you're already proficient at reading AR9 and AR10). I wouldn't hate myself for not being able to do it; just keep at it and one day you'll more than likely be able to pass it
don't blame the map or the creator for your inability to perform to the maps standards
Vuelo Eluko

buny wrote:

1) either you're a multi or your statement is a foundation of bullshit
how so? just because i wasnt here when the maps were made doesnt mean i cant see when they were.

buny wrote:

2) those "slider atrocities" are a unique mapping style that came to be loved by the community. Sorry your opinion is an unpopular one
ive always preferred circles because they actually require accuracy and have no leniency for being bullshitted and mashed through. if that makes my opinion unpopular well... noobs can play their slider only maps :o
Green Platinum

Riince wrote:

ive always preferred circles because they actually require accuracy and have no leniency for being bullshitted and mashed through. if that makes my opinion unpopular well... noobs can play their slider only maps :o
Considering Ignite being the best map of 2014 is a popular opinion, I think I prefer the unpopular one.
gregest
why is this thread is still not locked?
Vuelo Eluko

Green Platinum wrote:

Riince wrote:

Considering Ignite being the best map of 2014 is a popular opinion, I think I prefer the unpopular one.
rekt
B1rd
circles are easy, sliders require way more reading, aim, and cursor control. not to mention they pp they give is almost non-existent.
Vuelo Eluko
theres a good reason they dont give much pp
B1rd
yeah because Tom is a lazy bastard. If you think sliders area easy and can be mashed through, you obviously haven't played hard slider maps.
show more