posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
How big is your tablet area?
-sev
Oh honey.
Cerulean Veyron
The fourth tip.... mm.... I do have a mechanical keyboard, but it turned out the keyboard is making fun of me.
Mofu kun
I don't use mechanical keyboard and I'm doing just fine
Shey

Danshi wrote:

My third tip is: Cracking fingers :)
This is unhealthy especially if you do it everyday, i wouldn't recommend that.
gregest
Who said it's unhealty?Dude,I have hypermobility sydrome...

but CookieNia is using rubberdome and he can stream 300 bpm and rubberdome is good for bulding stamina so rubberdome master race
Yuudachi-kun

Shyhna wrote:

Danshi wrote:

My third tip is: Cracking fingers :)
This is unhealthy especially if you do it everyday, i wouldn't recommend that.
I'm not convinced.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

I'm not convinced.
well, it can have negative effects, if you do it habitually, literally dozens of times per day out of habit, for like decades, you will begin to lose grip strength. Wouldn't be an issue if you just did it for osu.
Gumpy
Good job play more
Ekoro

Danshi wrote:

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

My fifth tip is: Dont use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!
wow ok, i stopped reading after this

I'm always the first one to complain about setup since i have some random mouse and laptop and i still play at high level. "lol use a mechanical kb or you'll suck xdxd", really no. They might slightly help but that's all. Anyone can play well, no matter what setup they have (except some crappy 15-y mouse which is nearly dead, for example).
Demmon
how to pro

use tablet
use mecha
don't use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!
IppE

Demmon wrote:

use mecha
B1rd

Ekoro wrote:

Danshi wrote:

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

My fifth tip is: Dont use what everyone else is using! They are using that setup because its what makes them comfortable.. so go off and experiment yourself and see what is best for you!
wow ok, i stopped reading after this

I'm always the first one to complain about setup since i have some random mouse and laptop and i still play at high level. "lol use a mechanical kb or you'll suck xdxd", really no. They might slightly help but that's all. Anyone can play well, no matter what setup they have (except some crappy 15-y mouse which is nearly dead, for example).
he never said you'll suck if you don't use a mech keyboard. he said to get a mech keyboard as a piece of advice, since it's pretty evident that they are better and will help you improve even it it's only slightly.
sasakura
if you want to improve you'll have to play, everyone with standard hands + standard eyes can reach high
Lust
I would expect someone who is to be giving advice one who has garnered a considerable amount of playtime and experience - not exactly convinced of the expertise the OP seems to imply with this post. Some of the tips might be well-founded in solid knowledge, however most of it is information that can already be considered "common knowledge".

Thanks for dedicating your time to help others who are looking to improve though, just make sure you aren't touting your own playstyle over that of others - everything does not necessarily work for everybody.

Oh, next time you might want to check out 13 when looking to discuss things related to gameplay, as that place is more suited for this kind of topic o/
Sakura
Moved to the appropriate forum.
B1rd

Lust wrote:

I would expect someone who is to be giving advice one who has garnered a considerable amount of playtime and experience - not exactly convinced of the expertise the OP seems to imply with this post.
*cough*
-sev

B1rd wrote:

*cough*
Had you not linked this sticky I wouldn't even notice it's existence. Shows how much G&R is being moderated, huh.
Lust

B1rd wrote:

Lust wrote:

I would expect someone who is to be giving advice one who has garnered a considerable amount of playtime and experience - not exactly convinced of the expertise the OP seems to imply with this post.
*cough*
I'm aware of this thread's existence, I helped proofread it after all :P
deletemyaccount
I've seen a sudden rise in the amount of these threads lately; which isn't a bad thing, but some of OP's tips seem to derive from their own playstyle and are somewhat of a "rehash" of common knowlegde. Regardless, these tips would still help a newer player, so good work!
Kaitou Kid

IppE wrote:

Demmon wrote:

use mecha
Made my day. ^.^
cheezstik
Fourth tip totally contradicts fifth tip.
Green Platinum
How does a smaller area cause more pain and fatigue?
Nathan

Green Platinum wrote:

How does a smaller area cause more pain and fatigue?
- Keeping your hand in one position the entire time you're playing is unhealthy

- Hand is more tense since you need to move more accurately with a small area

This is my experience from previously playing with a small area
byfar
my advice: please DO use (if not use, at least test it out) what other pro players are doing. test them out and adjust it to your comfort. there is a reason why those players are better than you besides playing more. if you dont have your foundation you cant work your way up
Bakanowy
you forgot about playing the same map hundreds of times to the point you break your desk
Daborgia

byfar wrote:

my advice: please DO TRY what other pro players are doing. test them out and adjust it to your comfort. there is a reason why those players are better than you besides playing more. if you dont have your foundation you cant work your way up
A little Correction :)
Sophia
My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD I recommend using cherry mx red switches OR Cherry mx blues (They both are somewhat different but VERY popular for gaming) (I have a CM Quick Fire XT with Cherry mx reds along with my tablet which is a wacom intuos
Okay

Wait, what?
Ekoro

Dm1321 wrote:

My forth tip is: USE A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD I recommend using cherry mx red switches OR Cherry mx blues (They both are somewhat different but VERY popular for gaming) (I have a CM Quick Fire XT with Cherry mx reds along with my tablet which is a wacom intuos
Okay

Wait, what?
yeah so i'm not the only person to find this weird

(+ use whatever fits you best)
Strategas

Danshi wrote:

I think you just gave a tip not to follow your own tip lol...
-Atri-
I have almost followed all the tips for I have a short comment on fourth tip:

isokasapaskaa, this is it
E m i

slainender2013 wrote:

:?
B1rd
I think people should realise that just because you can do well with something doesn't mean it's the best option.
buny
your 5th tip contradicts with everything
Pettanko
i think what he's trying to say with his 5th tip is that it's okay to experiment with your own setup as long as you're using a wacom tablet and the official C-sponsored CM quickfire TK with mx reds
-Atri-

[ Momiji ] wrote:

slainender2013 wrote:

You don't know him? He's a Rubber Dome keyboard player that ranked #7 world pp

By the way, it's "isokasapupuja" , damn, his name is so Finnish and hard to spell
E m i

slainender2013 wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

You don't know him? He's a Rubber Dome keyboard player that ranked #7 world pp

By the way, it's "isokasapupuja" , damn, his name is so Finnish and hard to spell
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paskaa

Wiktionary wrote:

shit
xasuma
Thanks for the tips :)
-Atri-

[ Momiji ] wrote:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paskaa

Wiktionary wrote:

shit
It was his ask.fm name
Heterozygous_old
I heard that mechanical keyboard will trade your maximum speed to accuracy, can't yet confirm but it sounds logical.
About tip #5, if something, in terms of both hardware or setup, is used by literally everyone, like disabling EPP, then consider using them seriously. Trying to be different or insisting "I don't feel right about it" will do no good.
show more