forum

How to learn look separetly on notes

posted
Total Posts
show more
E m i

Kaienyuu wrote:

I think Kwonaiden would be an excellent cheerleader.
Oh yes :o
Yuudachi-kun
Momiji and some loli are my cheerleaders.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

Momiji and some loli are my cheerleaders.
t-thanks :o
buny

Kheldragar wrote:

winber1 wrote:

you know it's kind of sad when you realize you had as many plays as cookiezi when he could fc freedom dive, dt remote control, etc.

perhaps maybe after 10x his playcount we will finally reach him, but perhaps at that point we would have probably wasted much more time than anyone truly wants to.
I've also heard that he used to play a fuckton offline and unranked, so you don't really know.
I heard cookiezi once streamed 300 bpm with his toes
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Mission accomplished. 8-)[/quote]

Mine is just to complete a 4k+ combo song and I will be so happy! the chokes half way into dem marathons! Q____Q;;;

Ok back to main topic!

you caan duuuu it plmnb! just to give you some inspiration you better get to that 3k mile stone before me![/quote]
You took it wrong. I wanted to make 3k songs today :B
lilelf29

Kwonaiden wrote:

If you look at the game in that way making things waay more complex than it is you will eventually get fed up, frastrated and blame every miss/break with some technical Bullchit reason other then you just "messed up"

If you want gains just play? Stop looking for a reason why you are not doing better than you think you should.

Also set realistic goals, yea sure everyone wants to be top 5 and badass at this game but that is so farfetched. You're better off having a set of maps saved that you wanna FC in a collection and clear them and rinse > repeat and before you know it your rank shoots up.

Thats how I see the game and my progression graph looks great and satisfying. :)
There's no point in settings goals if you can definitely achieve them, right?

I've never felt like I've achieved or been proud of anything so I've set stupidly unrealistic goals I know I can't achieve no matter how much I try because otherwise you haven't really achieved anything at all have you?
Green Platinum
Is this a blog now?
gregest
for a sec I thought this is off topic
E m i

lilelf29 wrote:

Kwonaiden wrote:

If you look at the game in that way making things waay more complex than it is you will eventually get fed up, frastrated and blame every miss/break with some technical Bullchit reason other then you just "messed up"

If you want gains just play? Stop looking for a reason why you are not doing better than you think you should.

Also set realistic goals, yea sure everyone wants to be top 5 and badass at this game but that is so farfetched. You're better off having a set of maps saved that you wanna FC in a collection and clear them and rinse > repeat and before you know it your rank shoots up.

Thats how I see the game and my progression graph looks great and satisfying. :)
There's no point in settings goals if you can definitely achieve them, right?

I've never felt like I've achieved or been proud of anything so I've set stupidly unrealistic goals I know I can't achieve no matter how much I try because otherwise you haven't really achieved anything at all have you?
play more 8-)
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Today. Something changed for a while . I didn't feel my hand, i mean i played by muscle memory. It's weird to keep in this state. It's like robot. Little distraction and shit happens... Anyway i don't feel like watching separably notes :(
I just played osu today without caring about anything... But as always thinking entering in my way :B
Binkureru
I originally read this post in order to clarify what I should focus my sight on in game but since it developed this way I will just share my experience which seems somewhat similar. This all is based on my own experience gained during my life and by playing the game so there is not need four you to obey it. I hope I'm not being too obvious.

First of all, I want to emphasize something that is usually considered obvious but many forget about it. Play relaxed both mentaly and physically. Straining and stressing over failure, miss, not climbing rank or whatever will only make you angry and/or flustered which becomes another distraction. I also noticed when I play not caring so much I tend to get better results. Attitude simply affects anything you do. It's good to take a break when you are furious or feel it's just not right. Time solves most if not all the problems.

Secondly, If you want to calm your mind you might want to focus on what is now instead of what could be or your ambitions. By building your awareness you will be able to control your body more effectively and will not get distracted by pointless thoughts. You can even consider meditation which doesn't always have to mean what people tend to think it does.

Lastly, seeking improvement I found out it's best to appropriately train oneself without expectation of immediate results (they will come soon enough). Recently I came to like sorting beatmaps by difficulty and simply playing every map let's say 4.50* and more at least once until I'm satisfied. When playing I analyse my weak points and then train whatever skill I lack in.
Yuudachi-kun

Binkureru wrote:

First of all, I want to emphasize something that is usually considered obvious but many forget about it. Play relaxed both mentaly and physically. Straining and stressing over failure, miss, not climbing rank or whatever will only make you angry and/or flustered which becomes another distraction. I also noticed when I play not caring so much I tend to get better results.
This worked today really well after a weekend of not being able to fc anything.
buny
playing relaxed = fcing easy maps
[-Cloud-]

buny wrote:

You can play at your limits and still be relaxed.
B1rd
slower maps are more relaxing.
buny

[-Cloud-] wrote:

buny wrote:

You can play at your limits and still be relaxed.
if you are relaxed then you arent at your limits
RaneFire

buny wrote:

if you are relaxed then you arent at your limits
You can have a relaxed state of mind or thinking at any level, but as for actually playing at your limits, both physically and mentally... not so much.

I remember when I was training reflex shots in some game, although I was technically relaxed, intentionally so, my attention/focus was actually very mentally demanding to maintain and I felt tired quite soon. In osu! I find playing at my limits just totally unrewarding (often sub par performance and inconsistent), so I don't really get worked up about it and still manage to stay relaxed. I suppose it's just a mindset and doesn't really have to do with what you are playing.

Games are srs bsns.

Edit: I suppose I just care less about the end result/score and more about the details of playing the game.
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS
Yo, As promised. I'm here to report you if something changed for past few months.
Well it's hard to say ,but i don't see any difference after these months.
My aim still suck balls , i'm not able to make sharp fast moves aka snap.
I start to think that this is all i could do after 4 years of playing...
Yuudachi-kun

plmnb wrote:

Yo, As promised. I'm here to report you if something changed for past few months.
Looking at your playcount history graph, I'm not going to call that 4 years of playing by any standard. Maybe like one and a half.
Topic Starter
SHYTMISS

Kheldragar wrote:

plmnb wrote:

Looking at your playcount history graph, I'm not going to call that 4 years of playing by any standard. Maybe like one and a half.
Since March last year to today. I did 19k songs ~.~ . There were times when i farmed like crazy ,but it goez dooown :B
Ichi
Dude, basically the problem is your reading is fucked. No matter how much you try not unfocusing or snapping, you wont be able to just by thinking about it, your body has a wrong habit that has to change for you to do that.

Best advice: Change every beatmap you play, or the ones you like into AR8 and OD10. Play with those settings for a month, of course you can alternate AR. But mainly play that. This WILL work 100% if you do it.
Yuudachi-kun
I'm sure that after many fucking months of making this topic and many pages of discussion, your answer is relevant; especially two weeks after the last post.
Ichi
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what..
Vuelo Eluko
kheld doesn't appreciate how much bad habits can fuck up progress because he doesn't have any
meanwhile that's all i am
Ichi
He´ll soon start to realize he has bad habits too, mainly if he is "terrible at no mod"
Vuelo Eluko
hes a bullshitter
Yuudachi-kun

Riince wrote:

kheld doesn't appreciate how much bad habits can fuck up progress because he doesn't have any
meanwhile that's all i am
I have many bad habits like not looking at every note individually and just blankly staring when I shouldn't, always starting triples and streams with the same finger, always hitting too early rather than late more often than not, NOT aiming for the centre of circles and just kind of winging it around the edges...
Vuelo Eluko
if you're able to consistently aim for the center that's a bad habit in itself, it's called playing too easy maps.

even cookiezi's aim was mostly around the edges when it came to hard stuff like homework crisis dt, and he unarguably has the best aim of any player.
bigfeh
>khel doesn't have bad habits
yeah just has like the worst acc of g&r

I hate people who bump threads and try to be useful but fail hard at it too
GoldenWolf

bigfeh wrote:

I hate people
Sounds about right
jk dun kill me
bigfeh

GoldenWolf wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

I hate people
Sounds about right
jk dun kill me
given the facts that I hate retarded people and that most people in the world fit that description, this could actually be a fair assessment
ZenithPhantasm
Learn to snap+play lower res so you dont have to move your eyeballs.
[-Cloud-]

bigfeh wrote:

>khel doesn't have bad habits
yeah just has like the worst acc of g&r

I hate people who bump threads and try to be useful but fail hard at it too
Welcome to G&R. I suggest you to take a look in the AR10.3 thread.
ZenithPhantasm

GoldenWolf wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

I hate people
Sounds about right
jk dun kill me
Notice me senpai