forum

Speed vs Aim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kiritsugu_old_1
Which one should I improve first? By speed I mean mainly AR10 or DT and by aim I mean HDHR. All opinons are welcome.
gamestonk
Personally, i'd say that DT is easier than HDHR, so i'd improve at hdhr first. Being able to go faster and streaming both grew over time for me, where as aim and accuracy seem to be something that I need to focus on.
Kouya-
You should focus on aim first, then speed .

I mean, if you'd choose to do speed first, yeah you're fast, but can you really hit those hit circles ?
totekingsg1
I always train speed 1st, cause im totally unable to hit a circle if i dont see it with time enough, even if it is easy as fuck to aim it.
Karuta-_old_1
Aim, which really takes more effort to buildup compared to speed

but the same thing can be said about how fast speed degrade when you don't practice
ZenithPhantasm
Aim. No point of speed if your cursor isn't there to hit it.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
aim so you can do scarlet rose and big black airman 3D
Green Platinum
Speed because that gets you the ladies.
Yuudachi-kun

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

aim so you can do scarlet rose and big black airman 3D
I think you mean the big scarlet rainbow airman image dive.
Gumpy
I think i'm slow but atleast I can hit some of the circles
E m i

Gumpyyy wrote:

I think i'm slow but atleast I can hit some of the circles
heh
doze hr pp farmers
nrl
Speed doesn't exist except in relation to other skills. You can't train just speed, you have to train streaming speed or aiming speed or reading speed or accuracy at higher BPMs, etc. What you're really asking for is which hand to train, and the correct answer is to train whichever you're worse with.
DrBlackBounty
just play the game and u will be the next #1 cookizz :3, but aim yehh! also practise some streaming everyday>! :) ->must if ya wanna be the next #1 ? :O :P
Vuelo Eluko
Cookiezi got to where he was by having the absolute best aim, rrtyui's aim wasn't far behind. If you want to be the best, learn aim. Most of the top players seem to miss that point entirely though and everyone just does speed speed speed and people wonder why we havent had another cookiezi yet.
buny
they're both useless if you can't do both together
I Give Up
You have no HDHR plays so I doubt you enjoy HDHR. Play however way you feel like playing. There is no such thing as "speed vs aim", there is only git good and play more. Don't think too much. Push buttons.
Topic Starter
Kiritsugu_old_1
Well I took a long break from osu(about 6 months or so) and I've just got back into it so I have trouble playing fast maps with a lot of single tapping(The Creator on Nyaten for example). You might not see it since I play offline but I've been enjoying HDHR a lot recently and although I'm not good at it I'm gradually getting better. I was just wondering if I should improve my speed and single tapping first before I start playing HDHR. After looking at other people's opinons I think I will continue with what I am doing and improve my aim by playing HDHR. Thank you everyone who posted!
SomeLoli
hdhr obviously, whats so fun about listening to a sped up song over and over. Nightcore mod if you want ebola
Kazutakee
Go for what you like most. If you're obsessed with PP, you will begin to train everything over time. I will not blame my tablet area, but I think I have a slightly disadvantage when it comes to aim. But hey, my accuracy isn't that bad and + 90% of all my scores are DT scores :)
Gigo

buny wrote:

they're both useless if you can't do both together
Absolutely. Aim and speed go hand in hand and both are developed simultaneously.

Also, I think this is the first time (at least since I've been following this forum) that a Korean player creates a thread, asking for help.
Bakanowy
i cant HR for shit because its too fast and my aim sucks
buny

Bakanowy wrote:

remember kids, passing airman means you can read ar10
Yuudachi-kun

buny wrote:

Bakanowy wrote:

remember kids, passing airman means you can read ar10
No one can read anything since reading is meaningless.
Deathripi

Kheldragar wrote:

No one can read anything since reading is meaningless.
That's deep... I think
nrl
How Can Reading Be Real If Our Eyes Arent Real