forum

Do you play for Fun? Or for Competition.

posted
Total Posts

Do you play for fun? Or for Competition.

Fun.
29.26%
Competition.
9.04%
Both.
61.70%
Total votes: 376
show more
Kouya-
Mmm, it depends .

I play competitive when I'm against my rival or something like that .

I play for fun most of the time ~
YamiHikari
Fun, most of the time. There are times when I compete with my friends though in multi, so both. :p
Nameless
Fun fun fun :^)
IppE
Where is the "I don't really play but when I do I goof around like a motherfucker" option?
Black Wolf159
If I play for fun, I'll get bored.
If I play for Competition, I'll get mad.

I play both, that makes the game more fun for me.
Mahogany
I'm obsessed with my ranking, and my long term goal is to beat ridiculous maps like The Big Black, so I guess it's probably competition? I still have a lot of fun playing, though.

...honestly, it's going to take a lot to transition from 4 to 5 star maps now. The difference is huge.
piruchan
I play for fun until my rank nearing a first digit change (50000-49999), then I would aim for pp and get frustrated.
SomeLoli
Fun only. Don't care about my rank. I've played games competitively in the past and it just gets stressful...no thanks. Playing relaxed and feeling no pressure/stress can make you play better anyway
ztrot
As much as I would like to play competitively, the time I have for that is like non existent so I mostly play for fun!
Nathan
I compete with myself
Topic Starter
iiyo

ztrot wrote:

As much as I would like to play competitively, the time I have for that is like non existent so I mostly play for fun!
fun is the best way
Rio-
Both. But most of the time I play for fun only...
xGx

AJ-FreakS
I must say both but sometimes I only play for the fun and music :oops:
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I mainly play for fun, but I start becoming try-hard competitive when my rank does nothing but fall despite doing hard maps at my level.
Mofu kun
both

certain maps are really fun
Cephre
I find the fun from the competition.
Varetyr
both

imho if you're not even having fun while playing osu!, you might as well quit already
Eddy EX
Pretty much both, competing with myself to improve and just having fun
Yuudachi-kun
There is no competition because I only know one person who plays Osu.
Xanaehla
For fun only ~
Saneaux

sukiNathan wrote:

I compete with myself

I do this too. And for fun ofcourse.
Frikandel
I aim to be the best at what I do!

I try everyday to improve! I try everyday to get pp! This is my fun!

My goal goes beyond your imagination!

I am an extremely competitive person. I have short term and long term goals for this game. Short term goals can be found on my profile, and long term goals can be found on my laptop as a text file.

Although I am very competitive, I can also give up very fast. Let's just say that I would probably stop playing this game if I would not complete my first long term goal in the next 3 months. Because it would prove that either I need to spend so much time to Osu that my life falls apart, or that I am simply not good enough. Especially that last thought can be a crushing blow to me.

But it is to soon to judge myself. And I only care about my own opinion, because I believe in myself!
Wuxo
To kill the Clock.(time)
Androgynous
fun cos im bad
DeletedUser_2213373
I competitively play for fun.
Factorial
More on for fun
Qbuscus
Surely for fun, but I also strive for improving myself, so I'm not comparing myself to others but to past myself.
Kingkevin30
Since im already here for 4 years..i started for fun since i really had nothing else to do, so i just killed time with it, but with time i made friends which later changed to fulltime-rivals and with time i got the hang of how to abuse the ppv1 system so i ranked far beyond him while he was striving for pure skill improvement. and after some switching in additute if im playing for fun or for competition i just stayed on the competetive part, but not as beeing the best, or the highest guy in ranking, but just a thing of like beeing the best at some AR&CS, Mod Combination, Score Rank, Score-Amount and so on..

so i always strive for some goal, Fun is a part of it but its mostly a timekiller since i have nothing better to do with my life xD
Cherry Blossom
I personally play for you Storm- ♥
I'm drunk, help me please ;w;

As you can see on my userpage, I just play for fun.
JYChii
Both for me... But sometimes... I play with m own... Lol
Athrun
Fun but I mess up too much.
Competition but I STILL mess up.

So...
tokaku
Why isn't there an option for getting cool scores I like
DeletedUser_3905941
i tried to play competitively and managed to break 3 of my tablet pens
now i just play for fun
Gumpy
I can't play for fun when I miss all the time
Granger
Recently i discovered i played osu for music.

Pls dont hurt me
_Kisume
I play to listen to nanahira
tryaway
its fun when i play for competition
buny
I play for pp
winber1
i play for the ladies
show more