forum

Backtolife-giovanni allevi - Sum41-Grabdevilbyhorn- maxpezza

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Extor
Ok... there are some things about those 3...

You need to add a BPM and offset to all of them, that can be done in the timing menu, you can see this topic with a nice video on how to do it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13

Then, adjust all the notes with the "resnap all notes" in the timing menu.

After that, see if all the notes are in the correct place and if they aren't, change them to follow the song.

Also, there is one of the files that has 2 .osu files and both are the same! Delete one of them, repackage it again and upload it. You need to change the file name in one of them (the second one I think) and delete the ".mp3" part, because IE downloads it in .mp3 format if you leave that.

Looking forward to this changes.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
i added the bpm and the offset , and i resnap all notes .. but i don't understand what is changed :| ?
Extor
All the songs have one or more BPMs. These are used to time the notes and also states the speed of the song. Setting the BPM on the editor allows you to be sure you are placing the notes in the correct time and makes it easy for editing (You can press left and right to go through beats).

In the video I linked is the method used to get the BPM of a song. When you do it, snap all the notes and check if the song synchs with the notes.

When you have that done, upload the .osu only and attach it to your post.

Cya!
JacoPOP
Ciao Italiano!
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
http://peppy.chigau.com/files/sum%2041%20-%20GBsum41Fix.osz

i fixed one try now :oops: and tell me if it's ok

ciau ^^'
Extor
Here I am again!

These are some points you should check to make the song more interesting and some of them are a must here (in order of relevance):

Timing: The timing you used is still off. I tried to get a timing for this one and it results that after the middle break, the BPM jumps and gets higher. To add a new timing in the middle of the song, position yourself in the exact place you want it and go to "timing" -> "Add timing section". Then change the timing to your liking. I'm not going to post the .osu with those times already checked because I want you to try it.
-First part BPM: 188.07 Offset: 10.644
-Second part BPM: 193.01 Offset: 34.889
Check the video in the thread to see if the "clicks" in the metronome go along with the music, if you set the numbers I gave you above correctly you will see. Don't forget to resnap all the notes after you set those numbers. ;D

Variation: Try to add sliders and spinners, right now the beatmaps is monotonous and repetitive, only circles and lots of circles. Be creative, I'm sure you can do something better. =D

Updating the beatmap: When you modify your beatmap, instead of posting it with another filename, use the same name you used before, since it's a fix of the other one, this will delete the old and also will keep the name tidy (without "version 2.3 fix alpha" in the name). Also, when you post only an update and it isn't final, only post the .osu file and attach it to your post, that way, if anyone wants to test it, it doesn't have to download the whole .mp3 again.

I don't know if I'm missing something. But that's all I remember now, it's a long post...

Cya and I'll be waiting for an updated version!
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
ok so i tryed to set 2 Bmp , and i respan all the notes here is the file .osu :|

[url]http://peppy.chigau.com/files/sum 41 - GBsum41 (Link900) [Normal].osu[/url]

maybe i will add other spinners .-.
Extor
Ok. It's getting better. But you didn't use (mainly) the same BPM I gave in the second part and it isn't timed with the song very correctly. I changed those values and resnapped all notes again.

You still need to check all the notes timing, some are in different places thanks to the BPM change and you need to readjust them mannually. About the sliders you used, try to make them follow the rithm. Right now they are just there but there is nothing in the song that makes you press them at that time. To show you this, I also changed the start of one of the to match the guitar, but still you need to resize it. Do that same thing with the other slider.

So, in short. Try to replace the notes to follow the new BPM and check the sliders. The sppinners are in their correct place.

Oh, by the way. Instead of using the uploader with .osu files. Use an attachment like the one I'm using now.

Cya!

Download: sum 41 - GBsum41 (Link900) [Normal].osu