forum

Spinners are EVIL

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheCloudySky
I find spinners the hardest thing in the game, and for as long as I've played I haven't improved on them. Though I have gotten to a point where some beatmaps instantly fail me if I miss one spinner. :o I really don't want to be held back, so I want to improve in spinners... Problem is that I have carpal tunnel which makes it difficult for me to play this game.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to improve in spinners? I've tried a full spinner beatmap, but it hasn't really helped me- I just find myself aimlessly spinning before my hand gets tired.
- Marco -
Use spunout?
CXu
Well, if you have carpal tunnel, you probably shouldn't be playing right now and take a break.
Anyhow, I don't know how you spin right now, but generally what you want to do is to first concentrate on making smaller, "perfect" circles. It doesn't matter if you're doing it slowly, just get the motion itself down and then start to slowly build up the speed of your spinning until you no longer fail them. Spinners shouldn't really pose much of a problem after playing a while though, and you most likely just haven't been playing enough yet.
Topic Starter
TheCloudySky

marcostudios wrote:

Use spunout?
But that's just ignoring the problem instead of fixing it... I also get less points, and I don't want that. Points are satisfying.

CXu wrote:

Well, if you have carpal tunnel, you probably shouldn't be playing right now and take a break.
I did that once and lost all of my progress in the game. I had to climb back up from doing normal maps and it wasn't fun... fast paced beatmaps are fun.
SomeLoli
you got carpal tunnel from playing 1,000 times in over a year, thats some deep shit m6

spinners are easy, just play more...and they will become the thing which you never fail on....you dont even need to spin fast to pass them
DahplA

CXu wrote:

If you keep playing now, you won't be later.
I Give Up
Its damn near impossible to get carpal tunnel at your age from playing easy/normal/hard difficulty maps.
E m i
you can also get carpal tunnel by not playing osu at all, gibe benefit of the doubt pls
buny
i got carpal tunnel from reading this

in all seriousness though

play more
ZenithPhantasm
Build better aim.
Karuta-_old_1

buny wrote:

in all seriousness though
Forget about spinning to win and just spin slowly around the middle, works for most circle unless you are playing against ninja circles which only appears in ancient year 2008 maps
Nathan

DahplA wrote:

CXu wrote:

If you keep playing now, you won't be later.
Topic Starter
TheCloudySky

buny wrote:

I'm not asking you to believe me, so you don't really need to be rude...
manjumochi
Well, OD >=8 spinners are quite a evil, hard to complete without a miss/50/100...
Green Platinum

The lengths I go to, to beat someone better than me at spinning.
SomeLoli

manjumochi wrote:

Well, OD >=8 spinners are quite a evil, hard to complete without a miss/50/100...
Just spin faster
Yuudachi-kun
You're bad if you can't spin 478.
manjumochi

SomeLoli wrote:

manjumochi wrote:

Just spin faster
It's not so easy to make spins perfectly using a mouse (lots of times goes out of center, making it not spin as it should).
Topic Starter
TheCloudySky

Kheldragar wrote:

You're bad if you can't spin 478.
With a tablet I can get around 5k on most spinners (from experience), but I prefer to play the game with a mouse since it's straightforward to set up and most of all I'm used to it... where as I have to map the tablet, etc. (I'm also left handed which makes it really awkward to use a tablet)
-sev

TheCloudySky wrote:

I'm also left handed which makes it really awkward to use a tablet
I still don't get why people think they should absolutely use a tablet with their dominant hand.
Akali
Plug in your tablet, when spinner comes you should be able to grab your pen, spin fast enough and then put your hand back on keyboard.

Seriously though, you must have some really bad way of spinning to miss on normal maps spinners, maybe you have mouse acceleration on and/or some stupid high sensivity making you lose control.

Spinning to pass is easiest thing in this game, aside from some retarded deathspinners and several insane maps on hard rock. Not counting 1977 troll maps
Topic Starter
TheCloudySky

Kaienyuu wrote:

TheCloudySky wrote:

I'm also left handed which makes it really awkward to use a tablet
I still don't get why people think they should absolutely use a tablet with their dominant hand.
Using a tablet with my right hand is literally the same as writing with my right hand. The accuracy is terrible and it doesn't feel natural.
-sev

TheCloudySky wrote:

Using a tablet with my right hand is literally the same as writing with my right hand. The accuracy is terrible and it doesn't feel natural.
Yeah I get it, I just think it's outright dumb when people switch tapping and aiming hands just for the sake of using a tablet. Especially after months of training their hand to tap better.

I'm getting sidetracked though.
Yuudachi-kun

Kaienyuu wrote:

TheCloudySky wrote:

Yeah I get it, I just think it's outright dumb when people switch tapping and aiming hands just for the sake of using a tablet. Especially after months of training their hand to tap better.

I'm getting sidetracked though.
Maybe the skillcap with using the nondominant hand is lower?
-sev

Kheldragar wrote:

If you use both hands for the same amount of time? Maybe.

Realistically? No.
Yuudachi-kun

Kaienyuu wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

If you use both hands for the same amount of time? Maybe.

Realistically? no.
So you're saying that people can't improve faster and above where they were by switching hands and only experiening a drop for a certain amount of time?

Should I not have switched to a tablet when I had 3000 plays with a mouse because I had spebt so much time with the mouse?
-sev
I'm only talking about switching hands, not switching input devices.

Switching to tablet early on isn't bad. You most likely didn't know how to play at 3000 plays. I'm only talking about a scenario where one switches tapping and aiming hands after lets say, a year of playing.

edit: Example, I've been using a mouse with my right hand for my whole life, and in osu for a year. I am left handed. If I were to grab a tablet pen, I wouldn't be transformed into an aiming god just because my left hand is the dominant one. I've been using my right hand long enough to aim, so dominancy doesn't matter, imo. Also my right hand is retarded at tapping. Any advantage of using a tablet with my left hand would be countered by my right hand sucking at tapping. Not worth.

Excuse me if my wording is off. Also, this isn't the place to discuss this.