forum

Polish president is dead

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bass
MOSCOW (AP)– The governor of a Russian region where a plane carrying Poland's president has crashed says there are no survivors.

Smolensk governor Sergei Anufriev made the statement to state news channel Rossiya-24 about an hour after the Saturday crash.

The Tu-154 plane crashed near the Smolensk airport, about 400 kilometers (275 miles) west of Moscow.

Polish President Lech Kaczynski and his wife were aboard the plane, according to the Polish foreign ministry.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

MOSCOW (AP) — Officials say a plane carrying Polish President Lech Kaczynski and his wife has crashed in western Russia and that at least 87 people have been killed.

The Polish Foreign Ministry confirmed that the president and his wife were aboard the plane that

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/1 ... 32768.html

Rest in peace [*]
Loginer
I expect at least 50 Polish news articles this week about how dangerous traveling by flight is.
Natteke
Uh, that's.....unexpected.

R.I.P.
Brass the Hedgehog
And EVERY on-top polish site is in flood by this information.

It can be furious... but It doesn't matter now. Light the candle on this place.
Galkan
You could post it in our language section, I think non-polish people do not very care about this (no wonder). But (I MUST WRITE THIS) they were flying 40 year old aeroplane which have been repairing every 2 travels (!!!) That was pure stupidity, but now... well, it's very sad that 132 people have died due to this. I can say nothing but R.I.P.
Doomsday
Bloody hell. That must've hit Poland hard

R.I.P
anonymous_old
Can I be the insensitive one here?

Wikipedia has a section in his article:

Wikipedia wrote:

Opposition to Communism
I think it's better he I'm not going to finish this sentence.
bagnz0r
Now that Poland has no government for next 60 days until election.
What kind of fucking joke is that?
It was actually fault of THAT government, why? Because normal people wouldn't transport over 90 executives of Polish government and civilians (!) with one airplane that's over 40 years old and was supposed to stop flying 20 years ago!
No matter how you look at it, Poland's the easiest target for attack right now.

@strager:
Poland was never a communist country to begin with. It's just thanks to influence of CCCP.
arien666
Heard from #mod and News ;_;

R.I.P ;_;
TKiller
Smolensk, my city. Local news programs are discussing this event for a whole day. This is actually a precedent that never happened before, that so much members of country government with it's president die in an accident while travelling to another country. Never seen our local administration building so lively and loud, everyone was hurrying somewhere.
The fact those people were flying there to go to memorial built in memory of polish people that died in WW2 makes all this thing even more sad.
Also, today's day has became new peak of activity at local webforum. Smolensk has been a quiet city for a couple of years, and now this happens...
Ephemeral
I'll bet five whole dollars foul play was involved somewhere along the line.
Pokebis

Ephemeral wrote:

Trees can't attack planes. Jews can attack planes.
Coincidence? I think not.

On a more serious note, this is terrible. I feel bad for Poland.
yeahyeahyeahhh

Pokebis wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Trees can't attack planes. Jews can attack planes.
Coincidence? I think not.

On a more serious note, this is terrible. I feel bad for Poland.
God damn Jews!
Cuddlebun
why you would have so many governmental officials/executives on one plane is a mystery, it's just downright retarded
Galkan
Tell me something I do not know.
anonymous_old
TKiller
too soon?
Ephemeral

strager wrote:

oh my god
DeathxShinigami
now now its only the regular kind...