forum

Nintendo Direct Opinions - January 15th

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryukaii
So about 5 minutes ago, the Nintendo direct ended. For those who have watched it, what were your favorite moments?

My favorite moments were Fire Emblem and downloadable Wii games on the Wii U.
NaomiMinette
Mine were:
  1. new3DS XL FINALLY having a release date! (though where's the normal n3DS for North America?)
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (game only)/MH4U bundle with n3DS XL coming out the same day as the regular n3DS/n3DS XL; eagerly waiting for the demo
  3. Puzzle & Dragons Z, which I've been desperately waiting for ever since last year (still looking forward to Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, though!)
Btw, here's a compiled list: http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-direct-live-stream-11415/
NotEvenDoomMusic
Wow i actually missed the Nintendo Direct livestream but luckily my 3DS got me on hold about it - notifying me a few hours later.

February 13 is going to be BIG (for me at least),
sadly i don't have enough cash to supply my needs on all the things they've announced.

For the highlights i think i can clearly say that they've started out with the best IMO which is the trailer for the new Fire Emblem.
I hope we get more details around March~ and a release date on the 3rd Quartal 2015.

Surprisingly there's an eShop item that caught my eye which was Etrian Mystery Dungeon.
Personally, i love the mystery dungeon series besides the main series of games and absolutely love the idea of putting more RPG elements in there (which it presumably does) so it's on my watchlist once any details are revealed.

Code Name Steam also had me slightly interested in it since E3 last year at the Nintendo Treehouse.
It's not super-incredible in terms of the visual aspect but the gameplay looks fun and i could see myself having fun with it depending if it's single player only or have multi-player.

As of right now,
my wallet can't decide whether i'll go and get MH4U or TLoZ:MM3DS first, but i think in terms of retention time over the course of weeks/months and since i played through MM 100% quite literally dozens of times through, i'll be better off with MH4U on the long run.
NaomiMinette
mm201
Well there's $200 of my money Nintendo isn't getting.
Topic Starter
Ryukaii

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Code Name Steam also had me slightly interested in it since E3 last year at the Nintendo Treehouse.
It's not super-incredible in terms of the visual aspect but the gameplay looks fun and i could see myself having fun with it depending if it's single player only or have multi-player.
Code Name Steam looks interesting, except they clearly said IT PLAYS LIKE NO OTHER, yet it is a mix of different games. It is basically a Nintendo version of Xcom.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Ryukaii wrote:

Code Name Steam looks interesting, except they clearly said IT PLAYS LIKE NO OTHER, yet it is a mix of different games. It is basically a Nintendo version of Xcom.
IMO it comes closer to a grid-based Valkyria Chronicles game rather than a tactical birds eye perspective one like XCOM.

But yeah, it's not like it's "super-unique" as advertised, but i would definitely enjoy having those kind of games on 3DS's library.
Topic Starter
Ryukaii

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Ryukaii wrote:

IMO it comes closer to a grid-based Valkyria Chronicles game rather than a tactical birds eye perspective one like XCOM.

But yeah, it's not like it's "super-unique" as advertised, but i would definitely enjoy having those kind of games on 3DS's library.
Yeah, your right. It's more to the Valkyria, but i think the thing that doesn't appeal to me is the graphic style. I know it's on a handheld and it has to look like that, but i don't know, it just looks strange to me. I kinda do like the comic style of it though.
Duskyui
I'm so hyped for Waifu Simulator 2 the new Fire Emblem, and I'll definitely pick up Steampunk XCOM aswell, and possibly a Robin amiibo while I'm at it! :D

I'm also excited for Puzzle and Dragons Z, really glad to get that game over to Europe.
_sparky_
i really like the majora's mask limited edition 3ds...

Also im excited for mario party 10, and the toad amiibo :3
NaomiMinette
I'm a bit iffy about MP10... I mean I've played every single one up till now (including the handhelds), but I started hating the games after 8 (9, Island Tour, and 10's looking to be somewhat the same as 9), so... urgh...
_sparky_
I haven't played all of them, I played 4,5,7 and 8

I hated the 8th one.
Topic Starter
Ryukaii
Mario party started to go downhill as the Wii ones were coming out in my opinion. Still, i hope this one proves to be great in 24621p and 537318 Frames per second.
_sparky_
The controls for the minigames are terrible so that made the game unjoyable
NaomiMinette
Eh? I didn't have much issues with MP8, 9, and island Tour's motion controls (save one minigame)...

Well... I'll just read reviews on MP10 before I decide to get it.
Topic Starter
Ryukaii
Yeah, i have definitely decided that i will be no longer preordering games, since the disappointment, known as "2014".
Professor Prinny
For me the highlight has to definitely be the new Fire Emblem announcement. Had some hope that it was going to be SMTxFE but meh, I think that game is in development hell or Nintendo has forgotten about it.

Ryukaii wrote:

Yeah, i have definitely decided that i will be no longer preordering games, since the disappointment, known as "2014".
What was disappointing about 2014?
Topic Starter
Ryukaii

Ryukaii wrote:

What was disappointing about 2014?[/quote]

Oh god, a lot of things. Disappointing titles, buggy launches, overhype.
ssaruhiko
right when i was about to buy fe:a the new game's trailer was shown, lmao...
perfect timing to join the fandom, i guess...
Topic Starter
Ryukaii

ssaruhiko wrote:

Yeah dude. Definitely play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Really hoping for a Wii U title eventually.
ssaruhiko

Ryukaii wrote:

ssaruhiko wrote:

Yeah dude. Definitely play Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Really hoping for a Wii U title eventually.
i played it and ahh, it's so good. omg
i cried at the ending though (and married chrom, yea im a girl btw)
i should play the other fe games