forum

[EDITOR] Create sliders just by dragging with "Circle Tool".

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Ntasuto
The idea is simple. Instead of having to select the "Slider tool" to create a slider , you can just use the "Circle tool" to create one by holding and dragging like you do with the "Slider tool". ( I know you can use the hot keys 2/3, but this is way faster and requires 1 hand ^^ )
This is very time efficient, no complicated at all and probably every mapper will love it .

Wanna place 1 note ? just click once and you are done. Wanna place a slider? Click and drag to the direction you want and you have a slider.
If this is implemented "slider tool" would no longer be needed i guess so 1 Hotkey space will be freed! yay

To be honest the first time I tried to map this is what I actually tried to, since it seemed to be the most logical way for me to create a slider ( I know I was probably blind xD, I saw the "Slider tool" after. )

Don't know how difficult this is to implement but I believe in peppy coding skills :D

Hope you like the idea and sorry if it's duplicated, I did search !

========================================================

EDIT#1

Just for clarity, when i say you can click and drag to create a slider, i don't mean you are free to shape it as you want on 1 go. The "Click n Drag" will simply change your tool from "circle" to "slider" and it will be used as one: Start from a straight slider then click for anchors and stuff , etc .
unko
This is actually a really good idea, if it's not found to be a duplicate you get my vote
Bara-
Or vice versa, like in mania
Sliders are sliders, but when no distance is covered, it'll be a circle
FrzR
I like this, but for me it would be a bit annoying to get used to. Like how I used to press ctrl and click to select multiple objects, now if you started the selection with a slider, it would make a slider point of you don't click at the circle instead. lol
mm201
This is a decent idea if dragging is used to start the slider, but drawing entire sliders with the mouse will lead to very ugly sliders, so won't happen and has been denied before.
winber1
sliders have nodes and dealing with how nodes are placed can be very awkward and annoying, and how would you place a red node while you are creating a slider...?
Topic Starter
Ntasuto

mm201 wrote:

This is a decent idea if dragging is used to start the slider, but drawing entire sliders with the mouse will lead to very ugly sliders, so won't happen and has been denied before.
I am talking about creating sliders not shaping them. Just what "slider tool" does. click and drag.!

winber1 wrote:

sliders have nodes and dealing with how nodes are placed can be very awkward and annoying, and how would you place a red node while you are creating a slider...?
By nodes you mean anchors ( that's how i know they are called) the connection points that you use to shape the sliders. If you wanna place a red node its very simple. When you click and drag, the tool automatically enters the slider state, from there you can use is like a "slider tool", click twice to place a red node then continue dragging. are you done with the slider? right click. the end :D
I assume you thought clicking again while creating a slider will place a note, which would create a conflict coz it would be place at the same place in the timeline as the slider tail xD .

its like i said in the original post.

Circle : Click once.
Slider: Click and drag the direction you want > now the tool functions 100% like slider tool.
Seijiro
Hm...not a bad idea at all.
Actually I'm used to click the icons on the screen more than using the shortcuts (I dunno why...) and this would be really useful once you get used to it.

Support :3[quote=Ntasuto]
Circle : Click once.
Slider: Click and drag the direction you want > now the tool functions 100% like slider tool.[/quote]

I was thinking about this while reading the posts above, since it would be a real mess otherwise xD