forum

Pokémon Black and White Versions: Generation V Revealed

posted
Total Posts
show more
NoHitter
I'm planning to transfer all my Pokemon from the Japanese version to the English version.

Good idea or Bad idea?
Zekira
Not really a bad idea, actually, though I don't know what you'll actually be getting from doing so?
NoHitter
I got Pokemon White atm.
Planning to get Pokemon Black.
Ekaru

Zekira wrote:

Not really a bad idea, actually, though I don't know what you'll actually be getting from doing so?
It's more convenience, really.

Trading them all over at once means you won't later be going, "I want to use XXXXX right now... oh right, it's on my other game *sigh*."

So yes, I suggest doing so to save you the trouble later. You can trade directly from PC boxes now, too, so it wouldn't be too annoying I would think, aside from catching a ton of Patrat or whatever to use as trade bait.
Vish024
Wow look at the new starters! Their sooooo innovative aren't they? At least this time they haven't ripped off some animal.

Godammit.
Mogsy
Because nature doesn't have millions of species of the same type of animal.

People who complain about the starters for being 'unoriginal' should go back under their rocks.
Pokebis
I can't believe the starters have colors we've seen before. Invent new colors that nobody has ever seen before you unoriginal bastards.
Azure_Kite

Pokebis wrote:

I can't believe the starters have colors we've seen before. Invent new colors that nobody has ever seen before you unoriginal bastards.
This.

releases March 10 here.
Topic Starter
K2J
I'm only 15 away from completing the Gen IV National Dex... think I can do it in a week?

I mean besides the two event-only ones I missed.
Ekaru

K2J wrote:

I'm only 15 away from completing the Gen IV National Dex... think I can do it in a week?

I mean besides the two event-only ones I missed.
You should be able to get the majority of those at least. You should be able to get all the Easy ones in one afternoon, and you can trade for Totodile on Wi-Fi if you have it (try GameFAQs or another site). The Medium is more tedious, but should be doable. Regigias is doable if you get the regular Regi (which you noted). If you're not going for the events, then only Latios should be hard to get.

If you go for it starting now and spend all Saturday finishing it off, you should have all but Latios, Arceus, and Shaymin by Saturday evening (and Totodile if you lack Wi-Fi). You can do it I think.

And yes, I forgot to mention Australia's release date. Kinda sucks for you guys, but on the bright side, at least it's not as bad as it has been in other years.
Topic Starter
K2J
Too late, already did it. Thanks for the advice, though!

And there's a new OCRemix album out.
Zekira
I'm still stuck at 648 in my BW dex too @_@

Much to our arrogance, we don't want to get a Deoxys from trade and am waiting for an event or something...

Yeah Deoxys is the only missing dex page :<
Randy96
[DG2L]YungYeezy

Randy96 wrote:

Hell no.

You aren't seriously Gary Motherflipping Oak?

*cries in a corner*
Randy96
more recent now :)
Pokebis
Just picked up White version at my local Best Buy and they gave me a $5 gift card just for buying it.
It's almost like it was actually $30. Life was so good when games were $30.

Anyways, just opened the game, the intro made me feel like it wasn't a Pokemon game. Oh well, time to start!
Randy96
Pft, White. Black all the way!
Pokebis

Randy96 wrote:

Pft, White. Black all the way!
I'm sorry, but I think Caterpie justifies anything else you could throw at me.
Randy96
mm201
So I've begun my slow playthrough. The intro FMV was pretty random. I'm a bit miffed at Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini being rigged to never be shiny. Shiny Victini is gorgeous.
m980
I have to wait 3 days ;_;
Zekira
Justin Wong plays Pokémon.

To those that don't know who Justin Wong is: Justin Wong is one of, if not the, most famous fighting game player in the US. Popularly known to be the best at almost all the fighting games that he competes in, the fighting game community of the country calls it blasphemy if dedicated comeptitive fighters don't know about Justin Wong.

And then he talks about Pokemon. What?!
Mogsy
I personally don't give a fuck about Justin Wong.

Also, I haven't had the game for long. Just got Victini. Kinda mad that he, Zekrom, and Reshiram can't be shiny, but oh well. About to take on the third gym, then putting the game down for a bit to do more homework.
mm201

2 badges. Currently on that whatsit route that's kind of a mess.
Randy96

&rofl at awp
NoHitter
Just started as of 5 minutes ago.
Bah. I've been trying to catch a Minezumi Patrat (lol@English names) for a minute now but I keep on making it faint...

Edit:
Also I got myself a Super Potion thanks to my Yooteri Lilypup.
awp
Sold a million+ copies in a day in the US. I forget how that stands up to games like Blops.

I've heard good things about this trip around the school grounds. Now, are the character designs any good? Solid gameplay or not, the last pokemon game I played (gold/silver) had like 3 good pokemon designs and the rest were inferior to weedle.
Pokebis

awp wrote:

Now, are the character designs any good?
This time around, yes (for once).

awp wrote:

Solid gameplay or not, the last pokemon game I played (gold/silver) had like 3 good pokemon designs and the rest were inferior to weedle.
Probably won't be too impressed by these. They're barely Pokemon anymore. Of course there's this guy.

Anyways, this is one of the better Pokemon games so far and seems to hold a lot of improvement.

I was going to say something else, but I forgot.
Jinxy
Currently in the city with the 5th gym. Team of lv25s, one lv33 Krokorok, and one lv21 Sigilyph.

Prior to that, I had to fight a tag battle with Cheren against two preschoolers with their high attack Herdiers. I Swaggered them with my Krokorok, but instead of hitting themselves, they took out 3 of Cheren's pokemon with OHKO Take Downs, while my Krokorok didn't get any damage. It was awesome.
Zekira
Since I just got the game yesterday, I'm still just past the first gym

Current team:

Serperior level 72
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Patrat Level 3
Jinxy

Zekira wrote:

Since I just got the game yesterday, I'm still just past the first gym

Current team:

Serperior level 72
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Lillipup Level 100
Patrat Level 3

whatisthisidonteven
Zekira

Takuya
Smell of cheating
Mogsy
Haven't really played a lot, in Chargestone Cave right now. 5 badges, no Pokemon below level 30.

Mouth Hug (Tynamo) lv. 30
Bernkastel (Gothorita) lv. 32
Mokona (Cinccino) lv. 33
Smugleaf (Servine) lv. 34

I also started training Kling, got it to level 30, and gave up. Man, fuck that thing.

Cinccino is so cute, man. Too cute. Its movepool doesn't take advantage of its modest attack stat, but hey, Technician'd Wake-Up Slap.
Zekira

[Takuya] wrote:

Smell of cheating
Smell of trading

Snivy was boosted using daycare hax

Lillipup's were boosted using my JP cart
awp
bmin11
Is there anyway to get another fossil? I button smashed and got the wrong one ;_;
Rolled

bmin11 wrote:

Is there anyway to get another fossil? I button smashed and got the wrong one ;_;

I restarted because of this :( The bird fossil is fucking awesome. His attack and speed are top-tier, only problem is his ability is meant to hinder them (hp <50% = 1/2 stats)

Also, scrafty is probably my favorite 5th gen pokemon so far. It's ability is sexy for pve sweeps. Also, Scrafty was literally built for pokemon league. I don't want to spoil much but really. If you're having trouble with it (which you shouldn't - its ez) get a scrafty.
Jinxy

Rolled wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

I restarted because of this :( The bird fossil is fucking awesome. His attack and speed are top-tier, only problem is his ability is meant to hinder them (hp <50% = 1/2 stats)

Also, scrafty is probably my favorite 5th gen pokemon so far. It's ability is sexy for pve sweeps. Also, Scrafty was literally built for pokemon league. I don't want to spoil much but really. If you're having trouble with it (which you shouldn't - its ez) get a scrafty.
I made the same problem, but played on because I didn't care at that time. I just checked up on the stats, and holy wow.

I've already beat the 7th gym though, not sure if I should restart or maybe trade around for it.
bmin11
My heart is broken D: Now I have to value ID 50505 vs Archeops ;_;
I only hope it is breedable so I can get it off from someone online atleast...
show more