forum

Pokémon Black and White Versions: Generation V Revealed

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Making the camera angle change with attacks seems pretty cool.

I'd love moves like hyper beam to take a side on view, or random camera angles based on the type of attack, even. But I doubt it'd be done like that
Zekira
Also adding another vid:

What the hell, is it just me or is the female character's shorts even shorter than Dawn's skirt
NoHitter
Was the release of HG/SS this publicized too...
Mogsy
Female protag's shorts are too short.

Also this game is more publicized than HG/SS because it's a NEW GENERATION.
Zekira
HGSS didn't need to be publicized for the fans to orgasm. (...I know I did)
Azure_Kite

Zekira wrote:

HGSS didn't need to be publicized for the fans to orgasm. (...I know I did)
*kinda creeped out*

Y'know, G/S/C was/is my favourite Gen of pokemon so far, But I'd still never do anything like THAT.
Zekira
Errr that was a connotation (? I can't find the right word)
Azure_Kite

Zekira wrote:

Errr that was a connotation (? I can't find the right word)
'Tis alright, friend.
Zerostarry
ITT: Soul hates the new grass starter

Azure_Kite

Zerostarry wrote:

ITT: Soul hates the new grass starter

*Soul Eater translation*
"Excalibuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur~"
Behon
The (sexy) story behind the girl trainer's weird pants:

Neo@lex
Alternative ending:
Zekira

Behonkiss wrote:

Hahahahaha
YGOkid8

Zekira wrote:

Behonkiss wrote:

Hahahahaha
MMzz
I must say the new Characters are pretty sexy :3
Aw yeah.
O_o
YGOkid8

MittenMasterzz wrote:

I must say the new Characters are pretty sexy :3
somehow, I read Characters as Christmas.

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Aw yeah.
That's sexy.

MittenMasterzz wrote:

O_o
That's not.
Larto
Hello, legendaries:

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... e_Versions

Names are retarded, but I like the black one. The white one looks a bit... I don't know.
Xanek
for a second thought this had the same model as those

awp

Xanek wrote:

for a second thought this had the same model as those
wow you're right they look pretty much the same
Xanek
i remember discussing the next generation of pokemon with rl friends ( i think) that the next gen pokemon were going to be like home appliances and food lol
MegaManEXE
White one is a demented Lugia combined with a Pidgeot or something

Black one is a retarded Palkia with a Slowbro tail
Xanek
so just went back a few pages in this thread (cause i dont read from beginning of threads that are 5 pages +) and... DAMN THOSE STARTER POKEMON ARE UGGGGGGGGGLY
Mogsy
I actually like those two legendaries, especially the white one.

If we're only going to compare shit to previous generations and not see it for what it could potentially be then I say get your heads out of your asses.

MegaManEXE wrote:

White one is a demented Lugia combined with a Pidgeot or something

Black one is a retarded Palkia with a Slowbro tail
Don't see it, and it doesn't look like a Slowbro tail in the enlarged pic. As far as the 'Palkia similarities', don't see them, unless you count 'bipedal dragon' as Palkia-like.

If all we're going to do is just make it look like everything they reveal is like a horrible mutation of previous generation Pokemon, then we shouldn't discuss this any further because that's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen. Give it a damn chance, how many of the new Pokemon have been revealed? 7? There's plenty more.

Besides, none of them are as retarded as 4th Gen so far.
Azure_Kite

Mogsworth wrote:

Besides, none of them are as retarded as 4th Gen so far.
This.
Jinxy
Giving the white one arms instead of joining it with the wings would look nicer. Or at least have the sprite lower the wings.
Rolled
Dumping some serebii shit for your convenience. According to them, new generation details will be released around the 11th.

SPOILER
The host of Pokémon Sunday, Nakagawa Shoko, blogged today about the character she is voicing in the thirteenth movie. With this, she mentioned about her love for Electric types and stated that due to this, she wants to get Zekrom. This statement was quickly removed from her blog but people managed to catch it in time. If this holds true then it will mean that Zekrom is of a Dragon and Electric type, a new and unique type combination. Remember though, this is NOT confirmed, albeit coming from a very likely source plus she could have removed it due to her being mistaken about Zekrom's type.

That being said, zekrom does appear to have yellow eyes. Reshiram Ice/Dragon, maybe? Both two unique typing, I think.

Zekrom (Black): 2x dragon, 2x ice, 2x ground.
Reshiram (White): 2x dragon, 2x fighting, 2x rock, 2x steel.

edit: moar dump.

As of now, the image we have is too blurry to tell what's said, or even if it's real so it may not be confirmed as real. We'll bring anymore as and when it comes

* The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (チラーミィ)
* The as of yet unknown Pokémon at the top is called Munna(ムンナ)
Zekira
Pffft, I was gonna post that news D:

Chiarmii looks delicious enough~
Zekira
Err wait! Posting a few pics:

WTF is Hagurumon doing there hahahahaha

Also some info

More info:
* The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (チラーミィ)
Type: Normal-type
Classification: Chinchilla Pokémon
Abilities: Cute Charm and Technician
Moves: Sweep Slap (スイープビンタ) which attacks several times straight
* The Pokémon at the top which can't be seen clearly is called Munna (ムンナ)
* There's a new bird Pokémon
* The new female professor is called Professor Araragi and she has a Chiramii
A few more I rawmaji'd (romaji'd) on my own from the pics above:

Fire-breathing one: Hihidaruma
Electric-horse: Shimama
Gator: Meguroko
Gears: Giaru
Bird: Mamepato
mm201
Rofl @ new Pokémon

WWWJDIC wrote:

蘭 【あららぎ; アララギ】 (n) (1) (See 一位) (uk) Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata); (2) (See 野蒜) (arch) wild rocambole (Allium grayi) [G][GI][S][A][W] [JW] [G][GI][S][A]
Professor Yew? Doesn't have much of a ring to it.

inb4 wtfarethesepiecesoshit: We get that reaction every generation at the new Pokémon. 1. Wait till you've seen all of them before drawing conclusions. There are always a few bonkers ones with every generation. 2. You will come to love these bonkers Pokémon anyway.

Could that alligator thing have any relation to Hippopotas? It has the very same colour scheme. Either way, it's cute. :3

lol @ fire sasquatch, thunder zebra, and omggearswut?? I guess Bronzor was equally ... odd,

Every generation thus far has had at least one "tag-team" Pokémon (Dugtrio, Weezing, Exeggcute, Magneton, Girafarig, Metagross, Combee), so this gears Pokémon actually fits the mold quite well.
Ekaru
Pokebeach rocks.

First off,
Meguroko (メグロコ) is the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, a Ground / Dark type. Its abilities are Intimidate and "Earthquake Spiral," the latter of which raises its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon. It is 0.7m tall and weighs 15.2kg.
Ground / Dark with a pair of what will probably be decent abilities? Its final evolution better have good stats and a good movepool or I'll be so $#^%ing pissed since I %&#&ing love Crocodiles and want a usable one.

Also...

There is a new wireless feature called Random Match, which you can access from the Global Terminal inside Pokemon Centers. It will allow players to randomly battle other players around the country over Wi-Fi. It then says "You can upload your Black and White save file to the Internet," though for what purposes we do not know at this time.
This is GREAT news since you'll no longer have to buy Pokemon Battle Revolution to do some $@#%ing random battles.

Sorry for all the cussing, I'm a bit excited.
mm201
"Earthquake Spiral," the latter of which raises its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon.
That is hardcore. It gets more unstoppable as it sweeps!
Mogsy
I actually really like all the new Pokemon and--HOLYFUCKIT'SACHINCHILLAIWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT
Zekira

Mogsworth wrote:

I actually really like all the new Pokemon and--HOLYFUCKIT'SACHINCHILLAIWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT
This. To note it also gets Technician as an ability, and if we assume that it follows 'Rattata tradition', it will get Quick Attack.

MetalMario201 wrote:

"Earthquake Spiral," the latter of which raises its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon.
That is hardcore. It gets more unstoppable as it sweeps!
Slack Off-Earthquake-Crunch-Stealth Rock anyone (assuming it can do that, of course)?
mm201
This ability needs to be called "bloodlust". And it totally screws with the strategy of making a sacrifice to safely bring out your counter.
MegaManEXE
Ground/Dark croc is OP as shit

Makes Dugtrio obsolete now really

Zebra one could be cool, it's nice to see something other than Electishit with Motor Drive. Hope it has nice stats.

That fire thing looks retarded as shit though
CheeseWarlock
Mamepato is adorable but it confirms my fear that Nintendo will just make generic Normal/Flying types forever

Giaru has the Plus/Minus abilities, interesting.

All these designs are actually decent; they almost have a classic Nintendo feel to them. I could picture Meguroko in Super Mario World.
Pokebis
I like how the gears are called Gear. Or Giaru if you're a weeb.
Rolled

MegaManEXE wrote:

Makes Dugtrio obsolete now really
arena trap??? no.
NoHitter
For guys like me who don't do competitive battling, I hope that what ever new things they'll add, the "fun and challenge" will still be there.
Zekira
OK, gonna quote two posts from our news writer in PKMN-ph, regarding more BW updates.

Bian wrote:

RUMOR (June 12, 2010):
Water Pokemon Master, the webmaster of Pokebeach, were contacted by a man named Martijn Müller who is said to be the webmaster of the famous Zelda website. Mr. Müller claimed to WPM that he has an insider information on Pokemon Black and White. Martjin Müller had confirmed insider information to gaming communities before, which means that he could be telling the truth. He had also shown WPM some developer materials from Pokemon Black and White, which made WPM thinks that he's really telling the truth. Here are the number of information that Mr. Müller had told to WPM. Please remember that it's possible that this number of information are fake:

* There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
* Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
* Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
* In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon’s Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today’s CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim (look at the bottom right on the scan, you should see a yellow circle pointing something on the new battle interface of BW, that's the weather indicator).
* One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes’ poison to have an immediate effect.
* Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will “influence” the plot of the game. If you make “good” choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas “bad” choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player’s actions.
* Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.

Source:
http://pokebeach.com/2010/06/possible-b ... nconfirmed

Thanks! ;D

Bian wrote:

Baka may option na nga kung gusto mong sumunod sayo yung Pokemon mo o hindi, which is better! Also, yung hometown nung player yung isa sa mga unang pinakitang screenshot ng BW, siguro may option na nga. Serebii Joe also stated na sinend din siya ng e-mail ni Martjin Müller regarding the "insider information". Hmm... sa mga webmasters sinesend yung informaton?...

RUMOR (June 12, 2010, Continuation):
I've found an interesting information regarding BW. Someone on 2ch posted something about BW on May 29, 2010, about two weeks before the scans were leaked. Here's what the poster posted:

160 : ヘラヤガラ(千葉県)[]:2010/05/29(土) 01:57:54.70 ID:/cEPijyH
伝説はフォルムチェンジあり
ピカチュウポジションの ポケモンは「チラーミィ」

If translated, it states the Reshiram and Zekrom had the ability to change their forms (the term フォルムチェンジ for Pokemon specifically means to change their appearance into another, unknown form, like Shaymin's Sky forme), which is one of the rumors that pop up just days before the scans were leaked. However besides that, the poster also mentions that there is a new Pokemon called Chiramii (one of the new Pokemon that were confirmed on the July 2010 issue of Coro-Coro). However, since it's still long before the leak days when that post was posted, members thought that the poster was not telling the truth and just ignored the post or if the poster meant Jirachi instead of Chiramii since they sound similarly. However, he had proven that Chiramii is indeed a real new Pokemon when the scans were leaked. If the poster knew about Chiramii before it was revealed, could this mean that he has an insider information (like Martijn Müller) and the 2 legendaries forme change might be true as well?

Source:
http://www.unkar.org/read/tsushima.2ch. ... 275064528/

Also (this is real), here's the information regarding one of Zoroark's new moves, Night Buster:
Night Burst is a move it learns at a really high level. If it is successful, the oppenent is only able to attack (ie it cannot use a non-damaging move is what I think they're saying). It also does damage.

Also, one of the scans stated that Zorua and Zoroark will not appear in regular gameplay (which make sense since you can only encounter Zorua and Zoroark on Pokemon Black and White by transferring the Crown legendary beasts, and Movie 13 Celebi from the Gen IV games to Pokemon Black and White). Here's what it said on the scan:
ゾロアもゾロアークも通常のプレイでは出現しないのだ。
Zorua and Zoroark do not appear in regular game play.

(Credits to Sabonea Masukippa of Serebiiforums and Kimura of Bulbagarden for the translations of the rumor and the real information)

Thanks! ;D
show more