forum

Loss of Jump skill.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saiya
Is this normal?

I recently switched to a mechanical keyboard and now whenever i do jumps i suck like crap.
I can never hit a note, I slowed down my replays and saw that my aim wasn't the problem, it was my tapping.
How can i fix this?
Thanks
dung eater
practice
Sohma99
I'm sure you don't want to hear this but....
Play more to get used to your mech keyboard?

That's probably what 99% of the people will tell you here anyway, while the other 1% just troll you...
Ok, make that 80% while the other 20% troll you.
Nathan
Your hand sync is just off since you're not used to it, just play more
E m i
connect it using ps/2 = easier hand synchronization
that's the only thing you can do i guess
of course it would be good if you got used to your keyboard
Heterozygous_old
Play with some easier maps first to get used to the keyboard. The texture difference worth such downgrade on difficulty.
Don't get frustrated by performing not as good at this time though. After all it's a new kind of device that you may not used much before. Taking your time to get familiar with this guy would be a good idea.

Edit: Jeez you guys are fast. There were no replies when I opened this thread.
Dashesd
If your a lazy person like me, jsut go back to your old keyboard xd.
Was getting a bare C pass on a Mec keypad on maps i could easily 97%+ fc with my laptop keyboard, gave up after 30mins.
Some people aren't cut out for mec keys
Heterozygous_old

Dashesd wrote:

Was getting a bare C pass on a Mec keypad on maps i could easily 97%+ fc with my laptop keyboard, gave up after 30mins.
Try it out for a week and you may wanna change your mind. ;)
Dashesd

Heterozygous wrote:

Dashesd wrote:

Try it out for a week and you may wanna change your mind. ;)
When i was testing the Mec keys it was not only my accuracy that was suffering but my streaming and single tapping speed were slower than my laptop keys ( tested with spamming 1/2 keys as fast as i could for 10s on word).
Just wanted to point out in my opinion mec keys does not make osu any easier to play, just that some people are better with mec keys than their previous keys because they have practiced and played more osu.
ZenithPhantasm
If you can do it with relax than its most likely tapping/reading problems rather than aim.
ZenithPhantasm

Dashesd wrote:

When i was testing the Mec keys it was not only my accuracy that was suffering but my streaming and single tapping speed were slower than my laptop keys ( tested with spamming 1/2 keys as fast as i could for 10s on word).
Just wanted to point out in my opinion mec keys does not make osu any easier to play, just that some people are better with mec keys than their previous keys because they have practiced and played more osu.
Mech keys are full size. Laptop keys are flat. Lift finger more. Simple logic. Bai.
D e s
its normal
DahplA
As you know, mechs are different from rubberdome. So you have trained yourself to tap with the tapping hand at a certain time when the moving hand is on the circle. Since the mechanical keyboard taps differently, it's timed differently as well. You just need to practice.
crud41
Practice
Heterozygous_old

Dashesd wrote:

…… Mechenical keyboards are never intended to make you tap faster, in some cases these guys do reduce the speed output. The reason why people use them is that these keyboards have generally better texture for clicking, making accuracy more controllable to many if not most of the players.
SomeLoli
Play more
buny
none of the maps you play are even remotely hard, and the long term effects is either you become exactly the same skill level as you were before or you get better
Green Platinum
Idk, change your tablet area
CXu
Figure out if you're tapping too early or too late compared to your cursor movement, and adjust your aim/clicking accordingly.
Easiest way to get better is to first figure out what it is you're not doing correctly, and then be aware of this while playing so you can actively try to change your habits.