forum

Epilepsy warning lead-in [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
anonymous_old
Warning on the beatmap download page, warning in the osu!direct panel, warning at song select, and warning in-game.

=D?
Derekku
Warning pre-implanted into our brains! [/strager]
Cuddlebun
yeah most of the time I don't even look at the forum topic, just click from osu-direct. Maybe it could have like a little icon next to the 'ranked' or 'approved' icon in osu-direct and the website?
0_o
An icon similar to the Video and SB icons in the beatmap listings would work.
Sakura
Most ppl may not look at the thread, maybe the mapper could add it as first line in "Creator's words" however i do agree that an icon in the beatmap listing and the in-game song list would be good to add, specially if you download a beatmap pack and just added it you wouldnt have a way of knowing it has such a warning until you actually start playing it.

So yeah +1
qlum
Toggle please, I don't like unnecessary warnings.
osu! really could use some more toggles.
Repflez

peppy wrote:

Maybe, if I can find somewhere subtle to put it..
I was thinking that the warning can be put in the thumbnail of the map in the list, like this:

Just a suggestion.
Kitsunemimi

Reperawin wrote:

peppy wrote:

I was thinking that the warning can be put in the thumbnail of the map in the list, like this:

Just a suggestion.
Agree with this.
Topic Starter
Beuchi

Reperawin wrote:

Cool idea owo, looks nice.
Sakura

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Reperawin wrote:

Cool idea owo, looks nice.
That is assuming the thumbnail updates... since some dont like to update at all
LuigiHann
It would be a layer over the thumbnail rather than an update to the thumbnail itself, I'd expect
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

It would be a layer over the thumbnail rather than an update to the thumbnail itself, I'd expect
If it's on the thumbnail, that's less coding to make it work on the site AND in osu!direct. =]

I still hold that the epilepsy warning should be before the map starts, e.g. at song select.
Derekku
I really like the thumbnail idea (plus it would save the problem of trying to make MORE room for another icon).
Chata_old
Since my request about this epilepsy feature got canned, I'm going to continue the discussion here.

As stated by various posters:
- It's annoying
- It's totally useless for someone who is NOT epileptic

And I think it does not even take 10 mins for Peppy to give an option that toggles this 'feature'.
// Add this option to config file
NoEpilepsyWarning = 0

// In the section where it renders the warning
if (song.General.EpilepsyWarning && !option.NoEpilepsyWarning) {
showEpilepsyWarning()
}

Or, simply erase the in-game warning and warn it in the list thumbnail like discussed in page 2.
peppy
if (PeppyThinksAFeatureNeedsAToggle)
peppy.CodeToggle();
else
throw new FuckOffException();

Try and guess the outcome of this one.
Chata_old
Can you at least give a reason as why you won't implement a toggle instead of just a 'fuck off'?
It's not like I'm the only one who thinks that this epilepsy feature needs a toggle option.
peppy
I will definitely change how the warning is displayed as to not interfere with gameplay (this will be in next version), but will not add a toggle for it. Reason: I don't like toggles that aren't necessary. And because it only displays once per map per sitting.
Dragvon
Hmm... I don't know if it's been said already but, can't we set a point to show the warning?
I mean, similar to the audio lead in, you would set X seconds before the song starts.

Edit: nvm i've forgot that's the very first post >.> (stupid jump to last post :3)
Anyway, those thumbnails would be perfect :3
Zeugziumy
I liked this idea, but the epilesy will disappear when you restart the song, at least on taiko
Claudia_old

Reperawin wrote:

peppy wrote:

Just a suggestion.
I like this.

And I find it annoying that people don't care, because there are people who do have epilepsy in the world. >_>
Zeugziumy

Reperawin wrote:

peppy wrote:

Just a suggestion.
I like this.

And I find it annoying that people don't care, because there are people who do have epilepsy in the world. >_>[/quote]

I liked this idea too...
Also something like this too?

*And will pause at the first time and restart the song*
Derekku
"Remember that I don't have epilepsy" ...

"Disable storyboard" I don't see this happening

Locking since people can't read and this doesn't need any more input. PM me if you have something constructive to add.
Gens
Sorry for the post-after-lock.

Changelog wrote:

[fix] [peppy] Epilepsy warning does not display in test mode, and fades out faster.
Marking as added as that was the OP's first request.
Derekku
I hadn't marked it as [added] since the lead-in problem was a bug. The request for an icon online and such still exists, though (and is also why I never moved this from FR to Help).

EDIT: [peppy] Epilepsy thumbnail overlay image. :p