forum

Osu! Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sunpum
I'm thinking about buying one and I have some questions for anyone that has one.
-Is it worth buying?
-How long has it lasted?
-Is it better than playing with a mouse (if you've ever used a mouse)?

I'm also wondering if it would be better since I have shoulder pain and after playing for awhile I have to take a break. Do you think it would be better for me? (jw) ovo.. I would really like one...

I've heard about Huion but I've heard mixed reviews about it so that seems really sketchy to me.

Please answer seriously, I have been wondering this for awhile and I havent seen anyone really talking about how good it is. (I havent heard bad things either).. so that might be a good thing... Also I have never used a tablet before so I dont know how it will be for my shoulder.
FrzR
>Is it better than playing with a mouse
>Please answer seriously

I don't know man. There are a lot of threads about these already. All of your shoulder pain etc, your body will just adjust to it in the long run as long as you don't overdo.

It would be better to read the other threads than making another one.
dung eater
Any pains you get playing osu! are most probably caused by bad posture, way you tap or grip etc, not the equipment you use.

If it's worth it to buy depends only on what you think. Many do have positive experiences from switching to tablet.

You can do fine one a mouse and it might be more versatile when doing other stuff on the pc.

Most people have horrible mouse settings and struggle because of that in the beginning.

Uhh if it's muscle pain/fatigue it's fine, something that means they be getting used more than before, will get stronker with rest.
xasuma
I am pretty sure the osu tablet is based on a huion tablet. So they should basically be the same. (Just cheaper) .
I don't own one but I have heard is actually pretty good for osu.

However you may not want to draw with it if you are into that. Since it doesnt have all the drawing options that others might have.
But go for it i'd say.
jasian
I have an osu! tablet and used a CTL-470 and currently use a CTL-480.

In my straight forward opinion. No, it's not worth buying because there's a CTL-480 that offers so much more with less hassle. The batteries in the 420/osu! tablet ruin the consistency of aim for me because you cannot tell whether your aim is just off or the batteries are starting to die. The weight of the pen doesn't really make a huge difference, you take it as it is. The tablet itself is too small if your pen grip is to rest your hand/pinky on the tablet, you pinky will just fall off the edge of the tablet and that's a little distracting to me.

The good things about the osu! tablet are that it's cheap, and it still looks 100% brand new because I hover over the tablet. It plays the same as using a Wacom tablet but there is a little more input lag I feel.
Gumica
Actually, Huion H420 (osu tablet is based on Huion 420 which is same as H420 with exception of 3 hotkeys on the tablet) are cheaper if you buy them on ebay. They're priced from 20-30€.

On the downside, H420 tablets are small and not fit for drawing. But they're still give a decent enough size for playing osu! Pen is a bit heavy compared to the competition, and you also have to change AAA battery (once or twice a year). Also, RIP if you drop your pen from >1m height (I killed 2 pens already).

On the upside, it's more responsive than Wacom tablets, and nibs are made of more durable plastic, so they don't wear out nearly as fast. And of course, it's way cheap compared to a Wacom.

Buy it if you're just starting to get into tablets, or if you're on a budget. Otherwise, i'd still go for a more versatile product, like Wacom Intuos.
And use the Search Bar next time
Topic Starter
sunpum
Thanks for answering everyone. I did go through other threads a little bit. Sorry if you feel I wasted everyones time. The pain in my shoulder is a little different. Its not caused from playing Osu. It just hurts a lot after playing for a while and hopefully getting a tablet would make it hurt less. I'm not going to use the tablet for drawing, just playing osu, so I guess the H420 would be better..
Pretzel-kun
Speaking of tablets, I was thinking of buying one too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D ... d_i=468294

isn't that the standard one that people use? I don't want to end up buying something wrong.
Topic Starter
sunpum

Pretzel-kun wrote:

isn't that the standard one that people use? I don't want to end up buying something wrong.
I'm gonna buy one of those too ovo...
Saphirshroom

Pretzel-kun wrote:

There is no "standard one". It's just a tablet that does what tablets do.
Arnold0
If you only play osu! then I'd say go for it because it's cheaper and it works.
I have mine since almost a year now and I had no prblems with it.
Just take caution not to hit your pen hard on your table out of rage, because I did it once and I almost broke it.
About battery, I still use the original one, but on realy hard map I start to have tracking lost so I think it's almost time to replace it. I think it depends how much you play, and if you left the pen always on or not.
There is someone who said he replaced his pen, may I ask where we can buy the pen alone with a decent price (On ebay for exemple the huion 420 (Same as osu!tablet without osu! skin) tablet is cheaper than the pen alone...)
Vuelo Eluko
get a bamboo, i use cth-470, its amazing.
im not a particularly good player or anything, but for my money i havent had any performance issues in game that werent a result of me being bad.
totekingsg1
have a ctl-480. Best.Buy.Ever. No regrets, its amazing to paint (i draw manga), and it is also really precise and fast for osu!
SomeLoli
I've got a huion h420, I bought it to try this game because it was cheap. Now it was good at first up until recently. The faster the maps get with jumps across the screen the cursor is starting to lag a bit, and sometimes vanish briefly like it cannot keep it with fast speeds...then just reappears with the absolute positioning. If the lag thing happens though you just miss unless it reappears in time but it throws you off and you fuck up eventually anyway. Not sure if this is a common problem with 420s or if my tablet is just dying. Even tried hovering with the nib basically just touching the tablet slightly and it still happens.

Either way I wouldn't recommend it if you are planning on playing a long time. Only buy if you want to try the game with a tablet or you're on a budget. Needless to say I've got a ctl-480 coming now so this one is off straight into the bin.

In slow motion looks like this, shoots off up even though Im not moving that way obviously