Guess this thread is necroed by now...
Prbably due to the lack of new input. RIP
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Kaienyuu wrote:

I suspect most of us are normalfags
y u jinx us ?!?!?!?
Purple
I never got an issue switching from playing osu with the pen mouse thing to playing other games. Best way to know if something goes wrong is to try. Then again there's no point to doing it outside of curiosity if you feel perfectly fine moving a pen with your fingers.
TSGWhatever
This is less of a playstyle and more of a habit I purposely got into: (not so) Randomly switching between index and middle finger as my single-tapping finger.

If you have trouble picturing this, go watch one of rrtyui's replays and pay close attention to the thing to the right that records your button presses.
Saphirshroom
I know how to be fking horrific at snapping - that is, making circles - with a tablet. I don't know if that's gimmicky but it's definitely ghetto.
Yuudachi-kun

TSGWhatever wrote:

This is less of a playstyle and more of a habit I purposely got into: (not so) Randomly switching between index and middle finger as my single-tapping finger.

If you have trouble picturing this, go watch one of rrtyui's replays and pay close attention to the thing to the right that records your button presses.
I do this too except only when my index finger gets tired.
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Oh I also have that habit... go figure why my fc is always screwed over
Yuudachi-kun
Here's a playstyle: Use the mouse buttons and touchpad thing that comes with a laptop.
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Kheldragar wrote:

Here's a playstyle: Use the mouse buttons and touchpad thing that comes with a laptop.
Like the touch feature on most tablets?
Topic Starter
The Gambler
How about 450 dpi on a 4K screen?
Noobsicle
you gotta step down your dpi more

Yuudachi-kun

dagambler999 wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Like the touch feature on most tablets?
Or that red nib thing that comes with a laptop.
Saphirshroom

dagambler999 wrote:

How about 450 dpi on a 4K screen?
How about not getting a 4K screen?
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Full area Intuos Pro Large anyone???
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

you gotta step down your dpi more

Can confirm Noobsicle is MLG
-Drake-

Cutting.Board.Mousepad.
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Grad album wrist rest anyone?
SmoreJoy
My playstyle is kind of like yours, except without the mouse part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdn-J-dZkUI
Topic Starter
The Gambler

WEIRD FACE wrote:

How to palm grip a tablet pen... Nice

Or was it claw???

SmoreJoy

dagambler999 wrote:

WEIRD FACE wrote:

How to palm grip a tablet pen... Nice

Or was it claw???

That's just a modified pencil grip for me. Lefty writers usually bend their wrists a lot while writing to see what they are writing.
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Decided to bump this thread for a gameplay comparison.
bigfeh

dagambler999 wrote:

Decided to bump this thread for a gameplay comparison.
Came to thread to complain about necroing, found weirdest shit I've seen in a while instead

Really unsure whether you're trying to make a point here and if you are I have no fucking clue as to what it is. Interesting to see this "mablet" thing though, had no idea it existed
Topic Starter
The Gambler

bigfeh wrote:

Came to thread to complain about necroing, found weirdest shit I've seen in a while instead

Really unsure whether you're trying to make a point here and if you are I have no fucking clue as to what it is. Interesting to see this "mablet" thing though, had no idea it existed
It's something I randomly stumbled upon along with some others on an individual basis. Definitely not enough to make it big, but then again this is pretty casual play. I do want to see this make it to competitive leagues however.

The wtf moment that arose from this is what makes it gimmicky... You know, practicality issues

EDIT: This was more of a showcase than a comparison
bigfeh
So I figured I'd post a video of my warmup I just recorded. I'm shit at the game but I had never seen my playstyle before from a third person standpoint and it looks kinda weird

edit: am a retard, can't embed. Thanks drum drum
also sorry for the webcam delay
Topic Starter
The Gambler
^^ Not too bad, and I'm acquainted with some players who use your style as well. I also see you rockin that new SteelSeries keyboard, how is it?
bigfeh

dagambler999 wrote:

^^ Not too bad, and I'm acquainted with some players who use your style as well. I also see you rockin that new SteelSeries keyboard, how is it?
Actually it's the old version. It's rubber dome so many people will want to stay away from it, but I love it (and yes, I've used mech keyboards in the past). This is definitely about as good as this type of keyboard gets, and I didn't notice a huge difference from this to the Razer mech I last used. Recommend it strongly (as well as SS as a whole), but I'd probably try the mechanical version if I had to buy a new one

EDIT: I love the wrist rest on this and the big space bar isn't something I can live without anymore :(
Build quality is good too. The main reason I bought this was because of the shape (it's angled, it's got a wrist rest and most importantly the keys are flat)
Topic Starter
The Gambler
^^ As for SteelSeries, I want an SX so badly but they don't sell them anymore. I could look into a Manticor but this thread is all about DIY solutions. Anyone with a dead Macbook Air?
Topic Starter
The Gambler
Last question... Should I make a mablet thread for anyone interested?
incelost
I taped a (quite lightweight) stone-chisel on my pen. Does this count as gimmicky?
bigfeh

dagambler999 wrote:

^^ As for SteelSeries, I want an SX so badly but they don't sell them anymore. I could look into a Manticor but this thread is all about DIY solutions. Anyone with a dead Macbook Air?
I wanted an Experience I-2 but they didn't make them anymore either. Ended up settling with a 9HD instead. (Seems like the 9HD's no longer manufactured too. I'd probably buy this DEX next, but I think I'd still miss my hard plastic pad.)

dagambler999 wrote:

As for this, well. Some people might be, but isn't it just playing with a mouse anyways?
Topic Starter
The Gambler

Franzium wrote:

I taped a (quite lightweight) stone-chisel on my pen. Does this count as gimmicky?
DIY weight customization on pen? If it is, rock on ;)

A photo would be nice too :)
Topic Starter
The Gambler

bigfeh wrote:

dagambler999 wrote:

As for this, well. Some people might be, but isn't it just playing with a mouse anyways?
Yep, but tips on setting up a mablet is quite tricky (and fun) because there is a lot of factors to play around with, like type of mouse, tablet, tablet area and pen positioning on the mouse itself...

Haha this is a weird tangent isn't it?

Also, they still make the 9HD, it's still in... Oh, it isn't on the website anymore. Weird, as my local store still has some in stock. :|