forum

[Archived] Editor crash after 15min idle.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
teasp00n
Problem Details:

Left the game running as I went AFK. Came back, the editor was frozen. Thought Id share.

Edit: It just froze again while editing. I cant do anything. This has never happened to me before.
Edit2: It keeps freezing after about 5 minutes.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
pooptartsonas
It's happened to me too, twice in the past week. Though it didn't have anything to do with being idle; mine crashed while I was mapping. Second time I lost 30 minutes to an hour of progress, I need to remember to save more often. Very frustrating though.
Ntasuto
I was working with editor for about 2-3 hours with no issues( stable and cutting edge) . Maybe a program running in the background is causing the issue. Check your task manager always when such things happen and see if there is anything consuming your ram or cpu power.

pooptartsonas wrote:

It's happened to me too, twice in the past week. Though it didn't have anything to do with being idle; mine crashed while I was mapping. Second time I lost 30 minutes to an hour of progress, I need to remember to save more often. Very frustrating though.
30 mins to an hour without saving ? :|
Consider saving every 5 mins. Also read above and see if you can provide more info.
Kaivu
This happens to me too! On some maps, it happens every 10 minutes. On others, it never happens.

Sometimes it freezes while I'm playing the music. The song plays perfectly but the screen is completely frozen (and some buttons go missing).

drum drum
What renderers are you using, FPS limiter, and hardware, also are you using undo states?
TheVileOne
If you leave the game open for extended periods of time, it may take your system some time to get everything loaded back into memory. I'm not sure why it happens. I have a suspicion that it is a Windows thing.
Kaivu

drum drum wrote:

What renderers are you using, FPS limiter, and hardware, also are you using undo states?
I'm using DirectX. FPS limiter is set to unlimited. "Disable undo states" is unchecked. I'm using a VAIO laptop running Windows 7, and here's the rest of the specifications:

It's never crashed while I was idle. It's always when I'm actively editing a map. :|
lolcubes
I actually experience this regularly on one of the maps I am mapping, for no particular reason. Usually hangs when I scroll the timeline while it's set to play music.

What happens is that the editor completely freezes and is unresponsive (so are the X and the other buttons), but the music is still playing. Rightclicking on osu! icon on the taskbar and picking "close" gives me a "ding" sound and nothing happens.
Checking Task Manager I noticed osu! stopped collecting more memory and just stopped at a random low value (150~250MB). The only way to close it is to kill it.

I am using DirectX and 1200fps custom limiter (PC too powerful for unlimited, getting really weird stuff on 3k and above lol).
I do have undo states enabled though, but I have 8 gigs of ram so that shouldn't be an issue.

The rest of the hardware:
SPOILER
MSI MPower Z97
i7 4790k
GTX970
ASUS Xonar Phoebus

The map: http://puu.sh/fOAsn/effe8fc321.osz

edit:
Update, another freeze, but this time it froze just as the message was about to appear, definitely a client problem. Probably an issue with multiple red lines? This is kinda the first map after a long while that I have been mapping which has variable BPM.