forum

Astro City (UK) Q1 Rhythm Game Meetup

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corin
Hey guys

Just as a heads up Astro City is having a meetup/lockin in feb 27th for the weekend!

Basically what it is is Friday Saturday and Sunday are the days but what happens during the lockin is you're basically locked in overnight, you can sleep or play, whatever you want.
All games are free after closing time but during opening hours you gotta pay but it's great for the social aspect during the day or just going about an exploring Southend!

Here's the details of the arcade
And here's a list of games that we have!

The big name rhythm games Astro has are DDR 2014, Pop'n Music Sunny Park, Beatmania IIDX 22 Pendual and Pump it up 2013 Fiesta 2.
IIDX, DDR and Pop'n are all E-Amuse enabled. You can purchase an e-amuse card from the counter for £5

The lockin is £10 per so if you wanna make the whole deal out of it; stay 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) and get an e-a card it'd be £25!

You don't have to be from the UK to participate, we have people coming from all over to take part, some from Germany and some even France!

Here are pictures from Q4 last year

If you're going to participate please mark yourself as going on the Q1 event page or even just post in this thread! It just helps us keep track of numbers :)

If you wish to bring a specific game or console then please also let us know, we have a console area for things like this. I believe we should have a Wii U with Smash and MK and a PS3/4 so bring controllers or games just in case :)

Look forward to seeing anyone who does visit!

DISCLAIMER: If you're under 18 you will not be able to stay overnight! So you'll be able to come during the day but not sleep over
Topic Starter
Corin
Bumping this as it's like a week away
Vuelo Eluko
omw
-sev

Riince wrote:

omw
same tbh
DeletedUser_3905941
if i do find an infinite infection cab there i'll definitely be in at least one lock-in
Topic Starter
Corin

RedPanda wrote:

if i do find an infinite infection cab there i'll definitely be in at least one lock-in
After hours at Q1 there's a few surprises like jubeat, reflecbeat and sdvx II :D all e-amuse enabled still.
Mofu kun
I would go if I could
Topic Starter
Corin

Mofu kun wrote:

I would go if I could
Well you're closer to the US and there's quite a few big bemani arcades there (See Round 1, SVGL and GU) so it's only a pop over the border.
But yeah we have people comming from all over the world. America, Poland, Germany and soon to be Italy, Sweden and Denmark... gonna be fun
daredakke
If I wasn't a poor student living in the other end of the country...

It can't be helped.
Hii
I live half an hour drive away, I am seriously considering going, who else would be going, let me know so I can know who I can say hi too :3
Gumpy
No money>Money
Topic Starter
Corin

Tattoos wrote:

I live half an hour drive away, I am seriously considering going, who else would be going, let me know so I can know who I can say hi too :3
Should do it! You'd see me at around 7:30PM on friday through to monday (staying all weekend) and quite a lot of the other UK BEMANI guys! Not sure about osu! guys though but there's a few from what I've heard.
DeletedUser_3905941
looks like events just recently turned up and I can't make it for some bemanarchy at astrocity
unfortunate, but I'll try to show up for Q2 (if there is one)
Hii

Corin wrote:

Tattoos wrote:

Should do it! You'd see me at around 7:30PM on friday through to monday (staying all weekend) and quite a lot of the other UK BEMANI guys! Not sure about osu! guys though but there's a few from what I've heard.
I'll be down tomorrow! I'll see you there :D
Topic Starter
Corin

Tattoos wrote:

Corin wrote:

I'll be down tomorrow! I'll see you there :D
I was out cold most of yesterday ;_; You probably saw me though :P I was the one behind the railings either asleep or chatting or fighting :D
Did you get to play anything good? :)