forum

[New Guideline] Introducing The Spinner Element in Easy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eni
Many maps put a spinner at the end of the map. This is fine, but to avoid confusion in lower difficulties the spinner could be introduced before the end of the map as well.

If possible, add more spinners to the Easy difficulty where they fit. This will help the novice player become accustomed to spinning and lower the chances of a "miss" on a final spinner.

I am recommending this as a guideline because spinners certainly do not fit in all songs, but for those that do, using multiple spinners could be beneficial. It will help the novice get used to spinning before playing higher difficulties with shorter spinners, etc.

Discuss.
Natsu
Personally I avoid using spinners in easy diffs, due to the ¨ big rest time¨ that you need to set after them. I use them at the end only when they fit, rarely before. So basically I don't see the need of this to be added to guidelines.
Shohei Ohtani
This guideline isnt really neccesary at all. I have never seen easy/normal players get confused over spinners, and its kind of pointless to have it in the ranking criteria. This can be a personal philosophy, how you feel maps are, but i cant see this being an actual rule
DakeDekaane
While you're correct about introducing spinners mid song (I love to do this when possible), it's more like how the song is and how you map it, like CDFA said.
D33d
Just make them consistent across difficulties and always use them in sensible ways. A novice should be able to get the idea if a spinner's at the end of the song, since the spinner should be long in such an instance. Anywhere else, just place them where there's ample space for them to feel impactful, regardless of the difficulty.
Lust
Discussion has stopped and no adequate wording has been provided. Give me a poke with a good wording and I'll proceed to revive this.

Flaming