Topic Starter
Loctav
Bracket is in the makings.
DarkStoorM
Dear France,

I'm not prepared, please be gentle.
Marcin
Dear timezones / earth

I wish earth was flat, and sun would evenly shine onto every place on earth at the same time,

Best regards,
everyone.

Nwolf
will Quarterfinals map showcase be right after Indonesia - South Korea match or a bit later?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Bracket is added
Earine
I'm a bit late but I'd like to thank you all for the wonderful experience I had.
Lots of fun, great and kind players, awesome staff!

Good luck to the people in the ro16!
DarkStoorM
Hmmm... I wonder if there could be some kind of a new category in the mappool like Extra, where you put one custom hard map, and to make it more fair - available only from semi-finals(?)

That probably makes no sense, but... hmmm.
Topic Starter
Loctav

DarkStoorM wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder if there could be some kind of a new category in the mappool like Extra, where you put one custom hard map, and to make it more fair - available only from semi-finals(?)

That probably makes no sense, but... hmmm.
Tbh I do not understand this request at all.
Niko-nyan

Nwolf wrote:

will Quarterfinals map showcase be right after Indonesia - South Korea match or a bit later?
woof :<
k hi bbj o3o
AlexGc96
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/86160&m=1

What the f-katsu, man
OnosakiHito

AlexGc96 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/86160&m=1

What the f-katsu, man
We had that discussion in 2014. Back then I mainly used such maps since I didn't want people to play in their HD/HR confort zone. Those who demand of beeing HD/HR-Master(or even the TWC Masters) shall show it in the TWC by playing these very maps. And to be honest, I still have that opinion. But back then it was seen as too exeggerated and endagered the fun in the tournament, so we had a consens to have for next year (this year; 2015) a mix of low and high bpm maps in HR and HD, so players are able to choose. But it speaks for itself if a team avoids or bans these maps. Not that I want to expose anyone. That's why we will have a mix this year. But at the end, it's an world cup after all. People should show that they are the best. Beside that, it also gives a new tactical aspects which should make the TWC more interesting.

So yeah, for this year you can be sure that every upcoming higher-mappool will have at least one of these special maps in HR and HD. Question is just if I'm going to rise the number of maps which are like that. But in any case, there will be always a normal HD / HR pick. And don't forget that there is the NM bracket, too!
Akiyama Mizuki

Niko-nyan wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

woof :<
k hi bbj o3o
Let's have fun ㅇㅅㅇ
Thelma
Indonesia v South Korea

early final in RO16
ztrot
Some of the commentators and myself have made a recap of group stage granted everything looks good you might see that on the osu!live channel in just a bit.
pwhk
Just found an error in Wiki: Taiwan has UTC+8 but was written as UTC+9...
DarkStoorM
I hope it's not too late for a betting game :D
Would be awesome if we had another one.

Aye, Tasha.
Luna
ggwp Argentina =)
DarkStoorM
Well played, Germany. I knew you can do it X)

Wooh, I forgot. France2Stronk, I will always enjoy getting rekt by you, thanks!
Also good luck!
Nashmun
Thanks for the game Poland, it was fun as always :)
Good luck with your upcomming matches !
Nearex

Luna wrote:

ggwp Argentina =)
ggwp :D that was a really nice game ^^
Dess1210
Dead end, France too stronk ;^;
But it was fun ;^;
Pollotuc

Luna wrote:

ggwp Argentina =)
Good game guys! was a pleasure to play with you!
Thelma
#25NeverForget
GGWP
Senritsu
ggwp Korea~ /o/
Sander-Don
Grats, Korea!
karterfreak
Grats China. Hope we end up having a good match against our next opponent as well!
Akiyama Mizuki
mliencheng
my prediction from last week :lol:

but the result of the match vs. Japan and France is quite unpredictable :P

no offence

Topic Starter
Loctav
Schedule and mappool are now both on the wiki page

Please take note of this recap video about the TWC 2015 group stage:
karterfreak

mliencheng wrote:

no offence

You know, your predictions are surprisingly accurate to the ones I made after brackets were announced, only place we differed was at Japan and Taiwan and Canada beating Hong Kong. I'm still so torn on that match in the grand finals though because both teams are so dang good.
Nashmun
y u no have faith in France :(
mliencheng
@Tasha : The matches after the semi-finals are really unpredictable , I don't even think we can win against Japan btw XDD

@Nashmun: J'ai confiance en vous ;w; votre equipe est tres fort cette annee , c'est pourquoi j'ai dit que les matchs contre vous et le Japon sont impossibles a prevoir :D
Nwolf
what about the Z and AA matches??
goatlife
how am i supposed to beat france at 9 in the morning

france pls surrender i dont wanna wake up

is there anyway this match can be later pls
Nashmun

goatlife wrote:

how am i supposed to beat france at 9 in the morning

france pls surrender i dont wanna wake up

is there anyway this match can be later pls
We feel you, we had to go through this against Japan while our previous match was at 11pm :(
Kuro
I've been gone for almost 2 weeks but i have returned!! \o/

oh wow, you guys have been smoking the competition

good ol 'murica 8-)
Akiyama Mizuki

mliencheng wrote:

no offence

i c wut u did der.
Garpo
Umm... Ok so I was looking through the MP for Hong Kong VS United states group stage match and I saw a bit of a problem with the MP link
Some of the players would get FCs but the mp wouldn't show FC and no misses, this could cause a problem where a team could win by the skin of their teeth like Odds&Ends where Hong Kong actually won the map but since the score of 1 note was uncounted US won that map.
aabc271 made this showing that they did actually win the map but MP broke and showed US winning because of the score not counting
It also happened with Burn and R176, it could be a player connection problem because of it happening to shyguy twice but idk.. Maybe this needs to be looked into
aabc271

Garpo wrote:

Umm... Ok so I was looking through the MP for Hong Kong VS United states group stage match and I saw a bit of a problem with the MP link
Some of the players would get FCs but the mp wouldn't show FC and no misses, this could cause a problem where a team could win by the skin of their teeth like Odds&Ends where Hong Kong actually won the map but since the score of 1 note was uncounted US won that map.
aabc271 made this showing that they did actually win the map but MP broke and showed US winning because of the score not counting
It also happened with Burn and R176, it could be a player connection problem because of it happening to shyguy twice but idk.. Maybe this needs to be looked into
I showed that to Ono and p3n before, but they couldn't do anything because it was already too late when I noticed that like 15 mins after the match :o
Let's just hope the judges can have some more careful checking before deciding the winning team, especially when the scores are close :(
Nwolf
unofficially doing this cause I'm bored atm and I was hoping Ono would do this

Mappool Round of 16 Information

The amount of times maps in Ro16 stage has been used.
Colours representing their respected mods.

0 Resonecia - Legende (lolcubes) [Legendary Oni]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 Hatsune Miku - Unhappy Refrain (NatsumeRin) [Climbb's Taiko Oni]
6 Sagara Koikoro - Hoshizora no Ima (kanpakyin) [Climbb's Taiko Inner Oni]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 P*Light - TRIGGER*HAPPY (MineC24) [m1ng's Oni]
5 DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku - Streaming Heart (Mintong) [Taiko Inner Oni]
3 fripSide - LEVEL5 -judgelight- (Full Ver.) (cyborg) [youngdow&wood's Taiko]
3 Mary - Artificial Rose (Urushi38) [TK'S Oni]
2 Ayane - Acacia no Ki no Shita de (Alace) [Taiko Oni]
2 KIEN - La Grand Bleu (7odoa) [TK]
2 Kurubukko vs yukitani - Minamichita EVOLVED (Cherry Blossom) [Ex's Taiko Oni]
2 M2U feat. Guriri - Magnolia (JUDYDANNY) [Inner Oni]
2 Memme - Plasma Gun (MMzz) [Inner Oni]
2 Mitsumune Shinkichi - Battle of Rose (haha5957) [31's Taiko]
2 TeamGrimoire+Amaneko - croiX (HelloSCV) [714's Oni]
1 Adraen + Renard - Punk Anthem Track (Aleks719) [Taiko Oni]
1 Chai Found Music Workshop - Zeihen ~transformation~ (xierbaliti) [Taiko Ura Oni]
1 Memme - China Dress (Love) [Inner Oni]
1 Yucha-P - Thieves Night Trick (tutuhaha) [qoot8123's Oni]
0 capitaro - Utatabigarasu (NatsumeRin) [Taiko Oni]

iirc Utatabigarasu was banned in like 7 or 8 matches
show more