forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
DarkStoorM
TWC needs your sexy voice, Mr Color.

Mr Color wrote:

any pointers of things you feel I should mention on air about certain players, their strengths and weaknesses
B-but is this a good idea? Just hope there won't be any spies on the stream :D

inb4 - He's a HR monster, don't pick HR maps. Pick HD, because they are bad with it
peppy
I would definitely like to see more countries represented, and have already discussed with loctav about extending the entry period to make sure those that haven't yet registered can.
Kurai

peppy wrote:

I would definitely like to see more countries represented, and have already discussed with loctav about extending the entry period to make sure those that haven't yet registered can.
That'd be very nice. It's a shame that countries like Russia, Japan, Ukraine or other countries with good players are not represented :(
Arrival

peppy wrote:

This wouldn't change a thing.
Even with 2 weeks more, the outcome would have been the same.
This is about motivation, not time.

Kurai wrote:

That'd be very nice. It's a shame that countries like Russia, Japan, Ukraine or other countries with good players are not represented :(
Japan didn't understand or didn't want to participate and Ukraine wasn't motivated.
Nashmun
Yup, we had a lot of countries with 2registrations, maybe we can PM them so that they can search for a third player ? We had registrations from 32 countries of so I guess we could easily gather more of them
OnosakiHito
The motivation is absolutely there (@Arrival) but all of them have either too less players (e.g. Ukraine), misunderstood the rules (e.g. Japan), don't have time (e.g. Netherlands) or their players got retired (e.g Russia). Some didn't even know about the TWC since they missed the information. So it's less about the motivation and more about the other things. I will also give a little transparency to you guys, so you are more certain about what has been done before (to come to Nashmuns suggestion):

SPOILER
UK, Norway, Finland, balkan has been also contacted.

And to solve the mystery about Japan (even though Loctav mentioned it before) I will also post a screen here:

I hope this could clear the air a bit. Will talk with Loctav about this.
Nashmun
Countries not having enough players are myths. A LOT of people doesn't want to register because they think they'll loose anyway. Along the year I've been told hundred of times that countries like Italy don't have any players and that we should allow multicountries team, and what do we see here ? An Italian team within the 16participant.
Even Hungary could gather a team because they had the motivation to, don't tell me countries like Russia/Ukraine/Brazil do not have enough player, I know by fact they have.

EDIT : Before someone points it out : I do not say every country of the world can gather a team so no need to point out a country saying "You see, no players". But there are way more than 16countries with players <#5000, just by playing multiplayer mode you should be able to see that
OnosakiHito
I absolutely agree with that. I've just put the information in a compact way. But even so, there is more than that sometimes - proud, certain rules, wrong view about mappools and more. There are more factors which effect the opinion of players in a country. I ecountered alot of them. So I think it is also about how we represent this TWC?
Arrival

OnosakiHito wrote:

The motivation is absolutely there (@Arrival) but all of them have either too less players (e.g. Ukraine), misunderstood the rules (e.g. Japan), don't have time (e.g. Netherlands) or their players got retired (e.g Russia). Some didn't even know about the TWC since they missed the information. So it's less about the motivation and more about the other things.
Well when you have the motivation you're able to find players (Please, Ukraine has 10 players in the Top #4K), or to find "time" (hey the whole NL team doesn't have the time, although all the other countries can register, really ?). And come on, there are like 300 Japanese who are able to play in the TWC, don't tell me only ONE of them understood the rules...
Kurai
No need to debate on the "why", just give countries a second chance to participate so that we have a good TWC. And I don't think anyone would be proud winning the tournament if Japan is not represented :p
OnosakiHito
I guess Kurai is right. I just wanted to show some transparency anyway, not debating about it. lol
Arrival

Kurai wrote:

No need to debate on the "why", just give countries a second chance to participate so that we have a good TWC. And I don't think anyone would be proud winning the tournament if Japan is not represented :p

OnosakiHito wrote:

I guess Kurai is right. I just wanted to show some transparency anyway, not debating about it. lol
I guess you're both right. But I'm still wondering when will we have the justification for why we have been rejected ? It has been 2 days I sent an e-mail, and I still don't know what I did wrong. But as Loctav said, I must be lying...
Nashmun

Kurai wrote:

So Japan wasn't proud of winning last year because no Taiwan team ? Taiwan has a better TWC history than Japan (2wins out of 3participations), people tend to forget that and think Japan is some kind of superior entity that cannot be defeated while it's not.

Anyway, I think we all agree that we'd like to see more countries represented, but we cannot force them to participate, even more when some of them do it on purpose just because they hope it will lead to allowing multicountries team
LunaticP
And we demand to ban those multi account when discovered

If someone want to join the match and found out they have multi account and being kicked, it looks like the official is just making up reason for banning some player to join.

If they have been banned before they can send the registration letter, no one will think they are selectively excluded.
Lightning Wyvern
Does this mean I can invite my friend from the same country to increase my country rosters ?

If Indonesia had XK / Nishi / Aesa / GH / LW / pmriva team combination then we're equally as strong as France 8D
pmriva

MYRKUL wrote:

At least I think rejected players should get an explanation
Cyntu

MYRKUL wrote:

At least I think rejected players should get an explanation
Topic Starter
Loctav
As explained by peppy, we decided to extend the registration phase for another two weeks. Make sure to advertise this competition to your friends and everyone who is a potential candidate for your country's team

How does the registration work exactly now?

1. Everyone is signing up individually for their country by sending a forum PM to me.
  2. We roughly filter the registered users by their play performance and/or if they violated the osu! community rules (see below for details)
  3. Whenever we finished filtering the registered users, the players who passed will be put on a candidate list for their country
  4. The Tournament Management declares a captain from said list. This captain receives the list with the remaining candidates. Captains can freely pick from this list and found their team as they wish.
  5. After sending the Tournament Management the compiled team, your team has been successfully created.
Obviously, people who registered successfully already do not need to re-register. They are already recorded.

What do you filter registered users by?

We filter by:
  1. Taiko performance ranking. Whoever has a global Taiko performance ranking below #8000 will be filtered out. While we want to let participate as many people as possible, the mappools are designed around a certain difficulty level. It's very likely that people below a performance ranking below #8000 will not be able to play the tournament's maps at all. If they improve, they are free to join!
  2. Violation of the community rules: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Rules - In order to take part on any official tournament that is sponsored and organized by the osu!staff, you need to obey the community rules. Even though violating some of these specific rules do not lead to a full account ban immediately, we still exclude everyone who offended within the last year. This includes creating multi-accounts, sharing your account with others or using third-party software or other illegal software modifications. Not every rule is directly involved into the tournament outcome, but as long as you can not follow the community rules, we are not willing to let you join an official competition. We would like to mention that we have been holding that requirement up for several years already and have been performed these checks ever since then. This is nothing new and moreover nothing arbitrary. We just want to inform you again that joining the TWC has these requirements. If you ever want to compete in the TWC, we advise you to stop violating the rules now.
Due to privacy issues, we will not reveal to the public who was rejected. Whoever wants to know or dispute the fact that they have been filtered by either of the above criteria is free to contact tournaments@ppy.sh.

As by today, we extend the registration phase till 22nd February 2015, 23:59:59 UTC+0. Please send your forum PM titled "TWC Registration" to me till then. Please add your time zone to the message, so we can schedule you properly later.

All other parts of the tournaments will be, obviously, postponed according to this. We are sorry for the incovenience, but we want to make this TWC the best it can be.

As more countries and people are joining this competition, we are increasing the maximum number of teams. Whoever didn't appear on the team listing so far (Chile and Hungary) will be added later. We want to await more registrations from said countries.
MMzz
Could we have an 8 player cap instead of 6?
LunaticP
Loctav I think everyone here understand the rule, so no need to keep repeating the ToS here.

We all know using third-party software or multi account or blahblah should get banned.
FlyingKiwi
My rank is close to #8,000, so I should pass that rank and sign up.
Niko-nyan

- Korean Kiwi - wrote:

when i see your pp rank, your taiko rank is #16,890 that still far :(
Topic Starter
Loctav

MMzz wrote:

Only with a 4v4 TWC, which depends on the number of registered users
Arrival

Loctav wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Only with a 4v4 TWC, which depends on the number of registered users
So you want to be sure there are enough back ups, but don't want to increase the limits ?

It could be a good safety net for some matches imo...
MYRKUL
I think 3 backups is too much for just 3 players. Maybe with only 1 backup we could gather more teams where the entire team plays. This could even able 4+2 teams
FlyingKiwi

Niko-nyan wrote:

- Korean Kiwi - wrote:

when i see your pp rank, your taiko rank is #16,890 that still far :(
Yeah, I realized that I dropped to that rank... :(

MYRKUL wrote:

I think 3 backups is too much for just 3 players. Maybe with only 1 backup we could gather more teams where the entire team plays. This could even able 4+2 teams
But the maximum 6 players in the team will decrease the risk of getting a win by default.
OnosakiHito
I made this year another banner. Hope you guys like it and can find good use for it!

Topic Starter
Loctav
But it's called 2015, not #5 :C you should at least use the correct name
Pagliaccio

Arrival wrote:

Please, Ukraine has 10 players in the Top #4K
Please, go and make a team of 4k ranked players than suck in group stages, it's funny, isn't it?
NickXitco
Still haven't gotten a confirmation PM even though I formatted everything correctly, should I be worried?
Earine

Pagliaccio wrote:

Arrival wrote:

Please, go and make a team of 4k ranked players than suck in group stages, it's funny, isn't it?
Is this the reason why we only have 16 countries in? well that's sad
If the limit is 8k I don't see the problem.
You don't sign up to show off your high ranks, you do it for the fun and the chance of playing together as a community...
or I'm too naive, welp
MYRKUL

Earine wrote:

you do it for the fun and the chance of playing together as a community...
This is the kind of players we need in a dying gamemode community.
MMzz

MYRKUL wrote:

Earine wrote:

you do it for the fun and the chance of playing together as a community...
This is the kind of players we need in a dying gamemode community.
This gamemode is more active than its ever been.
#6yearobservation
Pagliaccio

Earine wrote:

or I'm too naive, welp
Yes you are
Arrival

Pagliaccio wrote:

Arrival wrote:

Are you trolling, or just stupid ? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

In that case let's make only one final with JP and TW to decide who will win this TWC. No ?

It's because of people like you if this tournament is stuck with 16 countries or so. If you play with the top #4K you can go to the RO16 easily, but Mister Pagliacco's ego looks a bit too high and overdeveloped to play with 4K players.. That's sad...

Oh btw the #6 in Ukraine is #1300. But still too noob fo you huh ?
Pagliaccio

Arrival wrote:

Are you trolling, or just stupid ? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

In that case let's make only one final with JP and TW to decide who will win this TWC. No ?

It's because of people like you if this tournament is stuck with 16 countries or so. If you play with the top #4K you can go to the RO16 easily, but Mister Pagliacco's ego looks a bit too high and overdeveloped to play with 4K players.. That's sad...

Oh btw the #6 in Ukraine is #1300. But still too noob fo you huh ?
Are you just trolling, or just stupid? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

If your team is not well-balanced by level of players, you're just sucker.

Most of teams have a balanced roasters with a close rank gap between a players.

If you gonna play TWC with 4k ppl, you just gonna rage cuz of you cant with by yourself.

If you gonna play TWC "just for fun" - go and play MP then with noobs.

Shut the fuck up noob and don't say any stupid things more.
Nofool
^ if a true 4k ranked player (just about his skill) plays the tournament and can barely clear simple Oni, it probably won't be that fun to play for him. Just like me playing some Firce Force difficulties, i honestly won't have fun doing it just because this is too far from my "skill" yet. pagliaccio maybe meant something like that.

Then if there are enough "good" players in his country, they also might not be active or want to play the TWC. Well i have no idea about his real situation but it is not hard to understand him if he does not want to play the TWC for any of these reasons. Also i will never know the feeling but i can imagine that it is not that fun to lose as a team, even when you did reallly good, because you don't have enough "good" players (that's why i am afraid if i have to play a match here lol, i don't want to make my team lose).

Also is there a way to remove someone from a full team to get someone else in ? In case i should leave for someone stronger.

edit: ok nvm posted 2 l8
Nashmun
If you think you need a team <#500 to play TWC then you are completely wrong, and Arrival is right, you are making TWC fails.

Pagliaccio wrote:

If you gonna play TWC "just for fun" - go and play MP then with noobs.
So nobody should be able to participate then ? Because even with 3 Pagli in your team you would still not be able to win the tournament, so it wouldn't be worth playing either ?
Keep in mind that if a majority of teams sign up with players 1-2k, all of these teams have more or less equal chances to get through group stage and win 1 or more match in knock-out stages.

No need to insult people and especially when your argumentation is pointless.
lolcubes
Arrival

lolcubes wrote:

;_;

show more