forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
LZD

minhtam1638 wrote:

Explain to me why I should watch this tournament when we all know Japan is 98% likely to win?
People who love this game won't say this.
Thelma

minhtam1638 wrote:

Explain to me why I should watch this tournament when we all know Japan is 98% likely to win?
then explain to me why you should watch the tournament
kouzuki_karen
good luck to all the participants :3

minhtam1638 wrote:

it's either Japan or Taiwan
LunaticP

mrdumpling64 wrote:

it's either Japan or Taiwan

if Taiwan is not banned
LZD
who cares about the result? the thing is to have fun playing the game we love, isn't it?

EDIT:
The tiebreaker will be played under FreeMod conditions.

When playing the tiebreaker, no one needs to have a mode activated.
what's the meaning of this? you can but you don't have to use mods?
mliencheng
what's the meaning of this? you can but you don't have to use mods?
mode not obligatory I suppose ? :?
LZD
it's a bit confusing because these two statements are almost the oposite, or at least, the way i understand them
Topic Starter
Loctav
Freemod usually allows you to pick a mod, whereas at least one person MUST PICK at least something. This is simply not the case in the tiebreaker. We are enabling freemod, you can play it on HR or HD, but unlike in the real freemod bracket, no one must pick a mod.
LZD
then i think it will be better explained with "No free mod at tiebreaker"
or im still missunderstanding it D:
Nashmun
He means that you can use Hd/HR in tiebreaker but there is no obligation for any player to do so, Whereas in freemod bracket, at least one player of each team must enable HD/HR
LunaticP

Nashmun wrote:

Whereas in freemod bracket, at least one player of each team must enable HD/HR
Is this something new of I just missed it before?
Topic Starter
Loctav
That's not new. It has been like that last year, too.
LZD
there's some notification if you didnt send your registration correctly?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Yeh. I just will be able to process all remaining ~100 registrations on Monday. My internet is too dead. Sorry for the delay and I beg for your patience :(
LZD
oki no problem, i know there will be lots of private messages XD

EDIT: Where's the hype guys?!
Dainesl
no hype because reg. phase isn't over yet ;w;
goatlife
god taiko the queen
piruchan
I'm a legit HDFL player, I should be world champion, no need for this tournament 8-)

Good luck, guys!
Thelma
what time is it?
Niko-nyan

Thelma wrote:

what time is it?
gonna 1 PM
MYRKUL

LZD wrote:

Where's the hype guys?!
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Christian
GG, nice.
LZD
myrkulo buy a new avatar pls, put at least a katsu :D
Thelma

wiki wrote:

All successfully formed teams will be published after the Registration Phase.
this already passed the registration phase, right?
FlyingKiwi

Thelma wrote:

what time is it?
Taiko time~

Thelma wrote:

wiki wrote:

All successfully formed teams will be published after the Registration Phase.
this already passed the registration phase, right?
Yeah.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I am honest here, my ISP is shitting on me, I have no reliable internet (only tethering with 64kbits) and I can not help it a lot. I wanted to ask if you guys mind it a lot if I postpone the entire TWC by 1 week (respectively 1 weekend), so the drawings may be streamed by someone else, we have more time to form teams properly (and not in haste) and the actual tournament itself can be hosted by myself fluently and fine.

Before I just decide to postpone it, I wanted to hear the public opinion about that. Stuff is rough for me right now, I don't want to cry super much about it, but it's a plain fact that I am lacking of ressources to host the TWC as I actually planned to do. (I had to switch ISP since my current one decided to be unable to provide me the service I ordered. It was planned to be back two weeks ago already, which was not possible and today I finally switched after a final attempt of my old ISP to get shit running - which failed.)
mliencheng
Since it is winter vacation for almost everywhere at this moment, postponing for a week won't be any issue I suppose. Just take your time.
MYRKUL

LZD wrote:

Sorry, I do not take advices from drugs
Backfire
Loctav if you ever need any help or something I can always assist you, given you'll accept my help. The Taiko community are brothers no matter what, a week of postponing if you need it is fine. Whatever helps you make this tournament a success, is ok with us. Not to speak as a leader for an entire community, certainly one which i've had a strange history with, but as long as you are giving it your all instead of making excuses, certainly it is no problem. I commend your honesty with us instead of just deciding to do things, it can make a world of difference with your community if you're open with them.
LZD
If we waited for this 1 year, we can wait 1 week more 8-)

MYRKUL wrote:

LZD wrote:

Sorry, I do not take advices from drugs
:( bullying
Dainesl
I don't mind this, just make sure that you don't mind the people who are inevitably going to complain in a fit of impatience and rage >_>

I can give my extended thoughts on this if you want, but for now this will just be a "I don't mind, so you don't mind either" scenario.
Luna
Fine with me
Kyoshizora
LunaticP
If manager can't meet the time why not?

It will be even worse if we force manager to do something which most likely can't be finished.

No rush, keep the quality.
Nashmun
Does That mean we have one more week to send our registration ? Or they are still closed ?
OnosakiHito
Backfire's post and the calm way of the other people is really nice. Anyway, postponing the tournament would be fine for me, too. In this way I have one more week to think about the first mappool.

Take it easy.
Kuro
and when i thought backfire couldn't get any cooler.... he did anyway... =w=)b

Nashmun wrote:

Does That mean we have one more week to send our registration ? Or they are still closed ?
good question, it would allow more people ample time to sign up :3
Acrith

Kuro wrote:

and when i thought backfire couldn't get any cooler.... he did anyway... =w=)b

Nashmun wrote:

good question, it would allow more people ample time to sign up :3
Exactly. Here, in Poland, still many players are not conviced in participating, so maybe it's not an individual case.
So yeah, take your time, Loc.
mliencheng

OnosakiHito wrote:

Backfire's post and the calm way of the other people is really nice. Anyway, postponing the tournament would be fine for me, too. In this way I have one more week to think about the first mappool.

Take it easy.
Is it still possible to suggest maps for the mappool ?
Cookiemaid

Nashmun wrote:

Loctav wrote:

...we have more time to form teams properly (and not in haste)...
Judging the quote, I would say yes. (Not too sure myself)
show more