osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
379
show more
Reia
Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
Rori Vidi Veni
rrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy
Tanaka
Yo make sure to hype Bnyuu about this.
Yuzeyun

Microwavex7 wrote:

Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
IF IT EVER HAPPENS
Nashmun
It happens every year, so it'll probably happen again :p
[ Mugino ]
Good Luck to all ;)

See How you do Spain.
LZD
\:D/ spanish support
Pochacco
well goodluck :D

and have a nice tournament :D
Topic Starter
Loctav
As it stands now, we have 23 registered rosters. Since this is an odd number, we have several way of how to structure the group stage.

Generally, letting 16 teams pass seems weird due to the low amount of competitiors. As we plan to only let 8 teams ascend to the double elimination stage, we have these options figured:

  1. We form 3 groups á 6 teams and 1 group á 5 teams, whereas the top 2 of every group ascends.
  2. We form 6 groups á 3 teams and 2 groups á 4 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends.
  3. We form 5 groups á 4 teams and 1 group á 3 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends + the best 2 2nd places across all groups.


Let me know what you guys like the most.
Nashmun
Wow, why can't we have a regular 16teams brackets ? As for the three options I have no special preference but whatever you chose make sure you seed the teams before drawing.
Luna
The quality of the seeding heavily influences which of these options would be the most fair.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The only objective seeding would be determined by the average raw pp or average global rank of the entire team. Personally, I planned to seed the teams by the average raw pp.

Nashmun wrote:

Wow, why can't we have a regular 16teams brackets ? As for the three options I have no special preference but whatever you chose make sure you seed the teams before drawing.
Letting 16 of 23 (~70%) teams pass makes a group stage obsolete, as it serves to "prefilter" before we enter the actual load-heavy double elimination stage.
silmarilen
i think the first option would be the best, that way you can still have a chance of getting through the group stage if you have one of the best teams in your group.
Nashmun
Yeah first or second seems better than the third one because best 2nd will depend too much on the actual group
Luna
First option looks like the best choice to me
Nashmun

Loctav wrote:

The only objective seeding would be determined by the average raw pp or average global rank of the entire team. Personally, I planned to seed the teams by the average raw
Why not based on the three main participant instead ? That mean a team with 3 people ~#200 would be higher seeded than a team with 3players ~#100 and backups ~#500, which seems pretty odd to me
Topic Starter
Loctav
There is no such thing as "main participant". The idea or term of "backups" has been abolished 2 years ago. Everyone is an equal member of their team.
Wisakedjak

Loctav wrote:

As it stands now, we have 23 registered rosters. Since this is an odd number, we have several way of how to structure the group stage.

Generally, letting 16 teams pass seems weird due to the low amount of competitiors. As we plan to only let 8 teams ascend to the double elimination stage, we have these options figured:

  1. We form 3 groups á 6 teams and 1 group á 5 teams, whereas the top 2 of every group ascends.
  2. We form 6 groups á 3 teams and 2 groups á 4 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends.
  3. We form 5 groups á 4 teams and 1 group á 3 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends + the best 2 2nd places across all groups.


Let me know what you guys like the most.
I say the third one is the best. So people will have to care about other groups too, not just their one.
Kuro
considering that only 8 teams are passing, I also agree that the first option is best because it provides you with the most chances of getting through group stages... especially if you play against asian teams every time you register for a tournament as i have... ;p
Nashmun

Loctav wrote:

There is no such thing as "main participant". The idea or term of "backups" has been abolished 2 years ago. Everyone is an equal member of their team.
I know That, but you cannot encourage people to have "backups" in their teams and then penalize them in the seeding system for taking more players than the strict minimum.
Some teams could actually be tempted to take fewer players if it can give them better seeds. (Not talking about our case)
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply