forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Loctav
Hello everybody! As I predicted, I have to postpone the entire TWC by one week. Therefore, every stage will be one weekend later than actually planned. The streaming of the drawings will be taken over by some helping hand. I try my best to get back fully soon (12th Feb is the scheduled setup by my new ISP), meanwhile I try to compile and check all registrations and will contact the declared captains as soon as possible!

I will update the wiki and news announcement now.

Moreover, since I need to look into every single registration - and as my possibilities are quite restricted right now - I can not reopen the registration phase itself. I am very sorry for that and hope for your understanding. Right now, I have 118 individual registrations from 20 different countries.
As I can predict, it will most likely be a tournament consisting of 20 or 16 teams, smaller than last year, unfortunately. We will most likely stay with 3v3, but I can not give out definite answers yet. Moreover, we have no Japanese players. Maybe they missed it or had no interest? It's surprising, I expected a huge bunch of Japanese sign ups, there are a lot of players available - maybe someone can investigate?

Thanks for your patience and I try to make the best out of the current situation for myself. Let's hope I can avoid any further hassle resulting from this.
Arrival

Loctav wrote:

Moreover, we have no Japanese players.
Holy moly
Niko-nyan

Arrival wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Holy moly
:o
Minhtam
No Japan? Suddenly TWC just became wide open!
Asagi Mutsuki

minhtam1638 wrote:

No Japan? Suddenly TWC just became wide open!
Taiwan gogo
Rori Vidi Veni
gegegegegegrgrgrgrgfgfgfgfghgfhghgh
KanaRin
I think that is the matter of language, and most importantly, having Japanese players will make the tournament better.
Kuro

Niko-nyan wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Holy moly
1st place just became a free-for-all :|
OnosakiHito
Let's say the reason is known now. But it's up to them if they wanna comment about it.
Yuzeyun

Kuro wrote:

2nd place just became free-for-all :|
We all know France will get 1st <3
ztrot
use this bit of extra time for pratice! also DRUM HYPE!
goatlife

_Gezo_ wrote:

Kuro wrote:

2nd place just became free-for-all :|
We all know France will get 1st <3
SACREBLEU
MYRKUL
Finally Spain will win at least a single round :)
This extra week is perfect for me to get a mechanical keyboard
ALL ABOARD DRUM HYPE TRAAAIN
Topic Starter
Loctav
All accepted participants should have received a forum PM. Please read this carefully.
verto
Some countries didn't get accepted despite registering enough people. Care to explain that please?
Arrival

_verto_ wrote:

Some countries didn't get accepted despite registering enough people. Care to explain that please?
And some didn't get registered despite having received a confirmation PM...
LZD
i hope that teams list needs some updates...
Minhtam
A lot of teams have only 3 players. That's not good. That means if one person is missing, the other team wins by forfeit. Can't you allow team captains to go and fill their teams to the maximum 6?
MYRKUL
Things gonna happen.
DarkStoorM
France, it's your time to shine.
Hard to choose whether France wins or Taiwan... or maybe Hong Kong. Inb4 betting game incoming :D/

RNGesus told me, that group D will be PL, FR, HK, TW
Doesn't matter, good luck, and have fun of course!
Nwolf

minhtam1638 wrote:

A lot of teams have only 3 players. That's not good. That means if one person is missing, the other team wins by forfeit. Can't you allow team captains to go and fill their teams to the maximum 6?
has been like that for years. Unless you only want 8 teams, the way it is right now is fine
Nashmun
Will we really have group stage as there is only 16teams ? If yes nobody will be kicked out or the brackets will start with only 8 teams ?
Dess1210
I think that the group stage is just to can lay our team in the Ro16. Maybe no one will be delete from tournament after the group stage ^^.
Jerry
I'm pretty confident at the fact that there were quite a number of registrations that were submitted from the Malaysian team.
So, why isn't our team on the list?
Asagi Mutsuki

Jerry wrote:

I'm pretty confident at the fact that there were quite a number of registrations that were submitted from the Malaysian team.
So, why isn't our team on the list?
Asked around and found out that there are AT LEAST 4 successful registrations from our country (Jerry, 1811, buhzidao and mine), which is more than the 3 that most accepted teams have

I'm pretty sure that all of our registrations were "valid and serious", since the four of us had participated in the previous TWC

So, care to explain why isn't our team on the accepted roster??
LunaticP
So it turns out actually , the team is formed by TM?

I finally know why no Japan player joining
Nashmun
TM didn't form the teams. Loctav sent the list of all participants to be checked and some of them have been rejected, that's why we have less players in teams that players that actually registered. And as you can have 6players per teams, if your country only get 6 or less validated player the team is obviously completed automatically.

Reasons for rejection will not be made public, so the best thing to do is that concerned players (rejected ones) send an email directly to TM to try to clarify the situation. Trust me it makes me feel sad as well but starting a drama here based on assumptions is not the right thing to do atm.
goatlife
Wooo go USA take it home

glad you could make the team kuro!
Lightning Wyvern
check your own account if you have pass a map with HDFL

I believe they didn't want to allow players that can do HDFL to join this tournament~

I smell some relationshit why france can get their full power in their team rosters and believe that they can get the #1 place with easily :c
Topic Starter
Loctav
People breaking the terms of services have been preliminarily filtered, as well as people who had a ranking below #8000. You may say majority of the teams were formed by me, this is true, but this only applied to those who had less than 6 registered users anyways. Why should I ask a TM to pick 5 people from a list that only consists of 5 people or even less?
If majority would simply stop breaking the osu! Terms of services, we wouldn't have this discussion. It's not hard to stop creating multi accounts or let your account be basically a whore where everybody plays on.
Not allowing cheaters is obvious, I guess. Filtering these people has been done for 3 years already. Whoever got filtered knows very well why. Who claims otherwise, blatantly lies.

The only countries who had more than 6 registered users remaining after filtering all registrations were France and USA. In these cases, we declared a captain (MMzz and Nashmun in specific), presented them a list of all registrations and let them choose.

There is nothing wrong happening here. Japan did not register because they misunderstood the ruleset, as explained by TKS to OnosakiHito.
Asagi Mutsuki

Lightning Wyvern wrote:

check your own account if you have pass a map with HDFL

I believe they didn't want to allow players that can do HDFL to join this tournament~

I smell some relationshit why france can get their full power in their team rosters and believe that they can get the #1 place with easily :c
pls i hdfl'd saitama does that count
Jerry

Loctav wrote:

Filtering these people has been done for 3 years already. .
I still don't understand why our team got filtered despite the fact that we joined for the past 4 years without any issues at all.
Arrival

Loctav wrote:

Whoever got filtered knows very well why. Who claims otherwise, blatantly lies.
"If you disagree you lie lol"
verto

Loctav wrote:

There is nothing wrong happening here.
So not allowing a country or two to participate because it's more convenient to run the tournament with 16 countries instead of 18 isn't wrong at all. Please remove your country from the world cup and allow an excluded country to participate instead if you really think there is nothing wrong happening.
Lightning Wyvern

cdhsausageboy wrote:

pls i hdfl'd saitama does that count
ofc that count
that's why there's only 4 people from my country from a total of 12 registered players orz

also

Loctav wrote:

Not allowing cheaters is obvious, I guess. Filtering these people has been done for 3 years already. Whoever got filtered knows very well why. Who claims otherwise, blatantly lies.
If you know which one is cheater and which isn't, why don't you ban them from a long time ago ? :<
Dainesl
Well at least you have 16 teams now (p. sure it was 15 when first announced but maybe I miscounted or you were able to get 1 more team)

good luck to the participants o/
Thelma
keep calm and grab popcorn
Topic Starter
Loctav

Jerry wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Filtering these people has been done for 3 years already. .
I still don't understand why our team got filtered despite the fact that we joined for the past 4 years without any issues at all.
Maybe your members decided to break the ToS between the last TWC and the current TWC?
MYRKUL
Dear Loctav,

I just read the tournament rules carefully, and I didn't found a single word about "Terms of Service", "Multiaccount" or so.
If some of the applicants have broken the ToS, peppy should take care of them applying the current Osu! ruleset and the staff of this tournament should take care of his own rules.
Because of this, applying a simple rule inherit system, this tournament staff can't keep out an user with multiaccount (for example) because following Osu! rules their multiaccount should have been erased long time ago (You even admitted you know their multis by rejecting them), not banning their primary account.

If even with this staff keeps rejecting more users, Spain (and not just Spain) will leave TWC 2015.
dani

MYRKUL wrote:

Dear Loctav,

I just read the tournament rules carefully, and I didn't found a single word about "Terms of Service", "Multiaccount" or so.
If some of the applicants have broken the ToS, peppy should take care of them aplying the current Osu! ruleset and the staff of this tournament should take care of his own rules.
Because of this, aplying a simple rule inherit system, this tournament staff can't keep out an user with multiaccount (for example) because following Osu! rules their multiaccount should have been erased long time ago (You even admitted you know their multis by rejecting them), not banning their primary account.

If even with this staff keeps rejecting more users, Spain (and not just Spain) will leave TWC 2015.
+1
show more