forum

[invalid] Allow paying for supporter tag using national currency

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kodora
Pretty much self-explaining title

Why this is need? For example, I live in Russia, and due to huge inflation over last 5 months (1$ is now like 50 roubles while it was 30 roubles before), so paying using dollars become kinda expensive. Paying using national currency usually means more stable & friendly prises, so more people would be able to buy supporter tags.

What do you think?
Bauxe
Wouldn't this mean it would then be cheaper to purchase with different currencies, if I am understanding correctly?
deadbeat
you already mentioned this in the Community Poll 23 p/3588190 and peppy didn't really seem to agree. why are you now making a feature request for this?
Topic Starter
Kodora

deadbeat wrote:

you already mentioned this in the Community Poll 23 p/3588190 and peppy didn't really seem to agree. why are you now making a feature request for this?
Cuz this poll have completely different topic, and it was not a right place to discuss this (not even talking that it's locked now)

@Bauxe: yes, which also would mean bigger amount of people who will be able to buy supporter tag. See Steam as example.
deadbeat
looks like you're still asking the same question which peppy kinda denied
Topic Starter
Kodora
Let's see, I hope at least for discussion.
hallucinater
Sorry, but this is not agreeable to, The way currency work it would just be cheaper for you or more expensive for someone else, a flat cost is smart, and it's not like everything else doesn't go up or down in cost, so why should Osu? would also be a hassle to constantly be changing the price depending on the currency
Topic Starter
Kodora

hallucinater wrote:

it this is not agreeable to, The way currency work it would just be cheaper for you or more expensive for someone else
Depends on price policy. I can't find anything unfair like this on Steam, for example.

hallucinater wrote:

a flat cost is smart, and it's not like everything else doesn't go up or down in cost, so why should Osu? would also be a hassle to constantly be changing the price depending on the currency
To allow more people in different countries become osu! supporters. Consider please that gimmicky prices with national currency might be more friendly for players.
edisk

Kodora wrote:

hallucinater wrote:

it this is not agreeable to, The way currency work it would just be cheaper for you or more expensive for someone else
Depends on price policy. I can't find anything unfair like this on Steam, for example.

hallucinater wrote:

a flat cost is smart, and it's not like everything else doesn't go up or down in cost, so why should Osu? would also be a hassle to constantly be changing the price depending on the currency
To allow more people in different countries become osu! supporters. Consider please that gimmicky prices with national currency might be more friendly for players.
I won't say it's a bad idea... but neither is it a good one... Steam is region-locking games to thwart low currency value exploits.
deadbeat
here's the thing, if i have to pay say, $10 for 2 months support, but you only have to pay the equivalent of $7 for the same time, why can't i then just give you the $7 and you gift me. i get all the benefits and save $3. what then?
TakuMii

Kodora wrote:

Steam's greatly differing prices between regions are the main reason why Valve has begun locking down on cross-region trading (people buying games from Russia and trading them to US accounts). As deadbeat suggested, this would also be an issue if used for supporter due to the gifting feature, as it would cause unfair pricing in differing parts of the world and would require all sorts of unnecessary restrictions to be implemented.
Woddles

deadbeat wrote:

here's the thing, if i have to pay say, $10 for 2 months support, but you only have to pay the equivalent of $7 for the same time, why can't i then just give you the $7 and you gift me. i get all the benefits and save $3. what then?
This.

Pointless to request this to begin with, too many ways to exploit that type of payment system Think about it: EU users would be paying 3x more than what I might have to pay if this kind of thing was implemented. Who knows, for your currency they might be paying 10x the amount you'd have to spend due to conversion rates.

My advice: Get a job.
Already have a job? Get a better paying job.
Topic Starter
Kodora

deadbeat wrote:

1) Not all osu! players have foreigner friends
2) So person who wouldn't agree to pay $10 will pay at least $7? $7 is better than $0 anyway.

it would cause unfair pricing in differing parts of the world and would require all sorts of unnecessary restrictions to be implemented.
Considering huge inflation in some countries, like in Russia, paying using dollars is already pretty much unfair, isn't it? This is just to get prices at least more stable.
deadbeat
say what you want, i've already given plenty of reason for this to be denied