forum

Honest question from the bottom of my heart.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sovy
Assuming this game is played by both men and women equally (making it an impossible 50% / 50%), with no means to insult or hate on anyone, I'd like to know why the fuck do men identify themselves with cute little bitches so much? If it's because "she's from my favorite anime" I could understand a little bit there are just plenty of masculine mother fuckers out there that I don't understand.

This dude right here will make you eat shit for days with overloaded testosterone.

sirusi
I like girls, that's it.

I like my avatar. It's from my favorite anime.
[-Cloud-]

VMzOlliver wrote:

I like girls, that's it.
Though, Loli's are weird. When a 20 y/o grown man is running arround with pics of 11 y/o nudepics of an animegirl and stuff. Can't really understand.
AutoMedic
depends on their interests

i like muscular men with 300% phys damage, that's why im using this avatar

oh and by the way, not like, i want to be like that guy someday
Aurani
I just adore women in general much more than I do men, and no, I don't fucking include random underage girls in that, so of course I'd have an Avatar of some badass character instead of a fat, beer-drinking guy, or one that little girls wank off to while he's destroying entire armies alone. Mind you.
Topic Starter
sovy

Aurani wrote:

I just adore women in general much more than I do men, and no, I don't fucking include random underage girls in that, so of course I'd have an Avatar of some badass character instead of a fat, beer-drinking guy, or one that little girls wank off to while he's destroying entire armies alone. Mind you.
No need to go that far, I'm not judging, I'm only asking why. Also, my avatar is a fat jewish dude who shoots people in the head.

I'd like to read more opinions, in a healthy way of course.
Hika
I don't think I can say anything except lolicons.

Lots and lots of lolicons.
B1rd

[-Cloud-] wrote:

VMzOlliver wrote:

I like girls, that's it.
Though, Loli's are weird. When a 20 y/o grown man is running arround with pics of 11 y/o nudepics of an animegirl and stuff. Can't really understand.
The majority of loli's are not 11 years old, usually they're more physically developed and a lot more more sexualised. And why is there negative connotations and comments about older guys finding stuff attractive. For example, if I like watching anime with high school girls now, does it suddenly make me creepy if I still like them 20 years later?
IppE
We're all little girls on the inside.
Aurani
The world can be a tough place, and people don't understand that many adults are still kids at heart, so yes, it's PERFECTLY healthy to still love cartoons or whatever you liked as a kid.

If that kid in you suddenly goes out and gets charged with rape and murder of 41 underage girls, then yes, you went a tad bit too far.
Gumpy
"I just don't like looking at men's asses all day" - Diablo 3
Aurani
That thing was there before Diablo 3. I remember a guy from my former clan in WoW saying that very same thing as an excuse, and that was back in goddamn 2005.....
loldcraft
I pick pictures based of the character's personality (some people may pick one that identifies with their desired/inner personality) in a stance that reflects my general disposition.

Although my explanation for choosing my picture is probably 100x longer than "I liked it" I won't deny that the fact that there is around 5x more art of animu females than males does play a large part (esp for those who can't draw one for themselves)
winber1
I'M NOTHING WITHOUT MY LOLIS
VoidnOwO
it's not about identifying yourself with something. avatar is just a way to show everyone what you're sexually attracted to

ColdTooth
Well I'm gay so...

I don't really mind called a she or he.
Granger
BRBP confirmed necrophile.

I just generally pick what i like as artwork.
IppE

BRBP wrote:

avatar is just a way to show everyone what you're sexually attracted to
It all makes sense now.
Topic Starter
sovy
Ah, I'm glad to read some very reasonable statements here. While they're all true in everyone's own thinking, I still don't seem to understand why for most people, the very first choice of an avatar to represent one's self is a 12 year old looking girl while there are a billion choices out there.

I'm truly not against people who do this, I'm just very curious about this huge trend (you can't deny it's not) going on in any kind of website that is closely related to anime/manga.

I guess some people would think unconsciously that girls are far more easy to relate in terms of feelings as they express themselves far more easier than men, therefore being easy to identify themselves with but guys are quite interesting and sometimes complicated, making them look a bit more intriguing, it seems to me. I mean this in no homosexual way (nor do I intend to throw off gay men, I just don't kick in that direction) and I just want to clarify this as I feel that media has also created, along the years, a stereotypical view that male friends are quite odd and therefore men should surround mostly with women. Although this is a very instinctive behavior as both genders attract each other naturally, I don't see what's the deal with men leaving men aside the road.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
silmarilen
because they're cute
Friendan
epic thread op
silmarilen
meanwhile BRBP is scared because he cant understand that people would like such things so he has to come up with lame excuses and namecalling to make himself feel better.
gregest
but anime is a cartoon,cartoons are for kids and he is not a kid
IppE

CptBlackBird wrote:

cartoons are for kids
Well thats a gross generalization if I ever saw one.
Topic Starter
sovy
Honestly, I have to agree to a certain point with BRBP because what he said is literally what most people, who don't know much about these kind of things we're discussing, think about those who are into this kind of stuff.
VoidnOwO
silmarilen

amslender wrote:

Honestly, I have to agree to a certain point with BRBP because what he said is literally what most people, who don't know much about these kind of things we're discussing, think about those who are into this kind of stuff.
if that's what they think they are pretty shallow

BRBP wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

meanwhile BRBP is scared because he cant understand that people would like such things so he has to come up with lame excuses and namecalling to make himself feel better.
it took you 10 minutes to decide how you're gonna write that single sentence? why are you letting bad and obvious trolls rustle your jimmies on off-topic boards
you're right, ill just put you on my foe list instead.
AutoMedic

silmarilen wrote:

What a big douchebag
Topic Starter
sovy

silmarilen wrote:

if that's what they think they are pretty shallow.
If we're talking about stereotypes, yes, they are but we can't really blame them, they're just putting names to things as they already are(?)
Trash Boat

silmarilen wrote:

you're right, ill just put BRBP on my foe list instead.
Excellent decision, you may have my upvote from now on
VoidnOwO
:oops:
loldcraft

amslender wrote:

while there are a billion choices out there.
Repeat fact, but of the billion choices most are little girls so the chances are more or less pre set (then again assuming they only picked of pre-drawn ones because they can't draw their own)

Note: anything below this is my speculation only, do not take it as fact.

As for character choice, assuming they could draw their own and aren't limited by the already present options, it could be that because males would most often watch anime made for a male demographic (obviously) and such anime tend to have more female than male characters and a higher chance of having a female main character, and these characters would get more screentime/character development than the male characters in such anime, which would lead to the viewer tending to more easily like them than the male characters in the series, causing them to pick said characters for their profile pictures.
Topic Starter
sovy

loldcraft wrote:

As for character choice, assuming they could draw their own and aren't limited by the already present options, it could be that because males would most often watch anime made for a male demographic (obviously) and such anime tend to have more female than male characters and a higher chance of having a female main character, and these characters would get more screentime/character development than the male characters in such anime, which would lead to the viewer tending to more easily like them than the male characters in the series, causing them to pick said characters for their profile pictures.
As I said earlier in one of my other posts, it's perhaps something people do unconsciously without giving it too much thought like we're doing right now. Perhaps something that may support what you said could be that there's been a bigger tendency of throwing out more females main characters in anime than male ones, therefore almost everyone is immediately attracted to the protagonist and can't help but put its face everywhere he/she can.

Again, these are only safe assumptions we can make up in the go but I'm glad that at least some people gave it a thought with me. :-)
show more