forum

[Archived] osu won't run on ssd

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlameseeK
My primary hd has recently died on me, so I decided to get my hands on an ssd (OS - win 8.1) and backed everything else up on my secondary hd. The odd thing is osu opens just fine on my secondary hd now. However, I copied the osu folder to program files x86 on my ssd and whenever I try open it, it just keeps trying to relaunch the game (the osu logo flashes but the game never starts). When I press ctrl + alt + del, I get this message:

However, my graphics card has already been updated and it runs osu just fine. I only get this message when I try to open the version on my ssd - the one I have on my secondary hd runs just fine... but I'd like to keep it on my ssd only. Restarting doesn't solve this problem either.
peppy
Please try making a new text file in your osu! directory called help.txt and then run osu! again.
Topic Starter
FlameseeK
Done it. Basically, the osu updater keeps flashing on the screen instead of the logo now. It basically goes from "the client is being updated" to "osu is up-to-date" very quickly and then shows the same thing over and over again, nonstop.
Topic Starter
FlameseeK
So, is there nothing else I can do? This sucks...
AdventTechno
You can try to do a fresh install of osu! and just slowly, every successful osu! start, exit osu! and replace one folder with one of your backed up folders until all are back to see if it's not something in your backups... You can start with the Songs folder then Skins and maybe afterwards the Data folder if you think you'll need that one... If you have your old .db files, you can also slowly replace those too...

Maybe this will help... Never had this happen to me so idk... This is just what I would do...