forum

Questions about mechanical keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Atri-
Just a question: what so important for getting mechanical keyboard for playing Osu? and why?

Even i getting sore arm by streaming long 120bpm streams, does it worth getting it?
xasuma
http://puu.sh/eca3x/cf0803945b.jpg

But to answer anyways:
- It feels nicer.
- It won't necessarily make you any better.
- If you get tired with 120 bpm you just need to play more.
- You don't need one to be good.
- Good bye.
jasian
Ergonomical improvements not just to osu! but everything you do with a computer.
Raniemi
I think they are more responsive too
sirusi
If you can afford it, buy it.
Mechanical keyboards are definitely better than normal keyboards and will improve your experience.
I'm a new user to them and I can say it worth it.
You don't need them to be good though, it's just a plus.
dung eater
They are loud, if your computer is quiet and you've got open headphones it can be very distracting.
D e s
Always good having a mech keyboard

May useful for other games too
FieryLight
Stamina (less force required) and accuracy (very consistent). But a lot of the good things about mechanical keyboards aren't only (or even always) found on mechanical keyboards like higher polling rate (1000 Hz vs 125 Hz) and NKRO (press a bunch of keys at once and they all register rather than having only a limited number of signals being able to be sent at a time).
Topic Starter
-Atri-

xasuma wrote:

But to answer anyways:
- It feels nicer.
- Good bye.
... I don't get it
Nathan

slainender2013 wrote:

xasuma wrote:

But to answer anyways:
- It feels nicer.
- Good bye.
... I don't get it
This question has been asked and answered 1000 times, use search bar next time :c
Xayne

jaaakb wrote:

They are loud, if your computer is quiet and you've got open headphones it can be very distracting.
Get red, black, or brown switches and put o-rings on them. Completely silent.
I Give Up
A lot of players say "you don't need mechanical keyboard to be good" this is downright donkyshit - you need a good keyboard to play better and it just so happens that mechanical keyboards are generally good. Likewise there are also non-mechanical keyboards that are also good, my fav keyboard is in fact a rubberdome but it has a design flaw.

You basically just need a keyboard that responds 100% of the time and can tank 420bpm. Mech switches do the job.
Bauxe

KukiMonster wrote:

A lot of players say "you don't need mechanical keyboard to be good" this is downright donkyshit - you need a good keyboard to play better and it just so happens that mechanical keyboards are generally good. Likewise there are also non-mechanical keyboards that are also good, my fav keyboard is in fact a rubberdome but it has a design flaw.

You basically just need a keyboard that responds 100% of the time and can tank 420bpm. Mech switches do the job.
Isokasapupuja uses a rubberdome keyboard.