forum

The World Ends With You [FULL OF SPOILERS, AS USUAL]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
Can't. Stop. Playing. ;_;
Action RPG. Awesome music. Great story. Interesting characters. The battle system can be a bit complex at times(WTF playing 2 characters at once + Hard boss = HELL), but it's still loads of fun. If you get a chance to pick it up(/down ;3), DO IT.

Also, these screenshots earn the official seal of awesome:

awp
haven't heard of it. Sounds awesome. What platform? And why is KHSeifer in it?

Actually, thinking back, I believe I heard or read a review of it in Nintendo power?
Topic Starter
Loginer

awp wrote:

haven't heard of it. Sounds awesome. What platform? And why is KHSeifer in it?

Actually, thinking back, I believe I heard or read a review of it in Nintendo power?
Same company, same artist and few lol's, I guess.
Also, it's a DS title.
GSR_old
Inb4 BELTS AND ZIPPERS

I figure I'll give this one a try just because everyone's going nuts over it.
TiZ
Do want. It, EBA, and the Ace Attorney games are probably my sole reason for having a DS. At least right now.

KH 358/2 will give me another reason.
LuigiHann

TiZ wrote:

Do want. It, EBA, and the Ace Attorney games are probably my sole reason for having a DS. At least right now.
Just nitpicking, but you can't list multiple things and then call them a "sole reason." :P

I've heard so much about this game, but haven't put any effort into learning about it, so outside of the fact that it's a DS game by SqEnix, but not a "typical" SqEnix game, I don't know anything about what it is. What's the genre? What's the story about (not asking for spoilers, just the premise)? Is this a game I might enjoy?
Sinistro
Action RPG, as far as I know. It takes place in Tokyo's Shibuya District, which apparently is associated with youths, hipness and fashion. Some youngsters mysteriously find themselves there, unable to interact with the rest of the people around them, and are forced to participate in a seven-day long challenge by beings known as the Reapers. If they fail, they will be erased from existence. There are also creatures called the Noise that you battle, and they stem from the world's negative thoughts and emotions.

You control two characters simultaneously, one in each screen, and they share a lifebar. There are pins you equip that give you powers and modify your stats. A mini-game has you use them roughly as Pogs. I also saw in a screenshot that you buy food for healing and other effects, and it kicks in when you digest it after a few turns, which I thought was a neat touch. Slang and pop culture references apparently abound, but may not be as obnoxious as one might fear.

That's what I've gathered from the articles I've read about it. It's also said to have great music - as far as I heard they are songs and beats with a very "urban" feel to them, rather than epic and grandiose orchestral pieces.

I'm personally interested in checking it out, since I haven't really found an RPG to my liking for the DS so far, and this sounds promising enough. I'll probably need some more feedback to decide as well, though. Perhaps this thread will help me make up my mind.
awp
This game was made by Tetsuya fucking Nomura

I've played it for fifteen seconds and I can already tell I'm going to love it.

Though the characters are strongly reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts (which I find cool for obvious reasons) the game itself appears to have a very unique feel, art direction and story. I'm gonna enjoy this.
hunnykilla
I just got back from my trip and this is out, very exciting. I'll have to re download it because the first one i dled was messed up and wouldn't load. This game looks very promising and fun, will be the ds game i'll be playing for a while.
Det.
This game is so good i might hv to buy it.
Topic Starter
Loginer
Lol, the game is longer than I thought at first. Good stuff. :3
awp
Good, because they made it look short at first. Especially because Day 1 is five minutes long.
Topic Starter
Loginer
It's way longer than 7 days. :]
chan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Loginer

chan wrote:

I saw some really long promo vid of this on some kind of Final Fantasy DVD which came with a Final Fantasy magazine. All I can say is that damn, those characters are skinny.
Didn't really think about it until now, but yeah, you're right.
awp
Have you played any of the kh games? They have borderline-skeletal limbs.

I'm playing this game some more. It's fucking great. No more spoilers in this thread though plz (ty lolginer for saying it's longer than 7 days - though I expected that, SPOILERS >={ )
rtsmarty
I was playing it today and saw a thought bubble labelled "Ouendaaan"

It made me happy. :) I can't remember where I saw it though 8(

Topic Starter
Loginer

rtsmarty wrote:

I was playing it today and saw a thought bubble labelled "Ouendaaan"

It made me happy. :) I can't remember where I saw it though 8(
I saw it, too, and I had the camera right next to me. :3
Also, the artist is getting lazy. :[

hunnykilla
This game is very addicting. With Rondo of Swords out i'll be very occupied with my ds. Call me blind but where is the time check to see how long you've played? I just cant seem to find it.
awp
This game is fucking awesome. Fucking AWESOME.

Just hit chapter 3. Loved the chapter closing. Love the music.

Gotta get the overworld music and beatmap it.

Rats I can't play it for a little while though because I am dumb ;(
hunnykilla
The music is the best for a ds game in my opinion. Is there any difference between the American version and the European version, and the ringtones are nice.
Topic Starter
Loginer

Nakao wrote:

The music is the best for a ds game in my opinion. Is there any difference between the American version and the European version, and the ringtones are nice.
I don't think so. Also, I like how there's a Japanese AND an English version of a lot of the songs. They don't get as repetitive that way. :>
Topic Starter
Loginer
Bump: Found the OST, PM me for a link.
Edit: Ultra-high quality and long versions. Hmm... Anyone need some bricks for a house? Also, this is the Japanese soundtrack, but all these songs are in the European version. My guess is that there isn't a Japanese soundtrack and an English soundtrack after all.
One more thing: I'm beatmapping Someday. So leave both versions alone. >:[
Topic Starter
Loginer
Triple posts FTW.
Also, game clear. Awesome from start to end. :3
show more