forum

Make the touchscreen playstyle more viable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Italo
Hello I`m main tablet player but I really liked to play touchscreen in my Vaio Duo, is a really fun playstyle for this kind of game but streams are really impossible hard.
I was using touch + mouse right click to streams, it works, but not well, it could be better if we had some kind of virtual buttons on the screen for streams, something like the visual thing that we has in the right of the screen, two virtual buttons for streams.

Something that we could set in options menu, scalable, with ability to set the opacity and move to what position of screen we want this.

I think that the most of touchscreen players abandon this playstyle because the streams.
FrzR
I don't know. I tried playing with touchscreen before and what I did to deal with streams is that I aim with my finger with the touchscreen and tap with the keyboard.
Topic Starter
Italo
So you are aiming everything with you finger and tap the keyboard, my point is for a TRUE touchscreen playstyle, with only touch, I use enabled clicks because I like to touch the notes and not touch to aim, and click keyboard.
Shadowriver

Italo wrote:

So you are aiming everything with you finger and tap the keyboard, my point is for a TRUE touchscreen playstyle, with only touch, I use enabled clicks because I like to touch the notes and not touch to aim, and click keyboard.
But what you want is pretty much the same, just virtual key. But, original Osu (DS game) was made for touchscreen only and if you look on old style beatmaps (2009 and before) they reasable more of original osu maps, which make them more friendly for touch screen
Topic Starter
Italo
Isn`t the same, you can`t leave the mouse clicks on and press two keys to stream, you need to turn of the clicks to click with keyboard because you cant M1(hold because you will be following a stream) + k1 + K2 at the same time.

The feature is to you still can click beats with you finger and when a stream comes you hold the finger and tap the virtual keys, all in the screen without a keyboard
Yonaton

Italo wrote:

The feature is to you still can click beats with you finger and when a stream comes you hold the finger and tap the virtual keys, all in the screen without a keyboard
So how will the game know when to have tapping enabled and when not to? it just seems impracticle
- Marco -

coolyc3 wrote:

Italo wrote:

So how will the game know when to have tapping enabled and when not to? it just seems impracticle
As Italo said, using virtual keys on the overlay on osu!
UsaTewi
I want this too because I started playing with touchscreen several days ago, but sadly the pp system would probably be ruined if virtual keys were introduced...
GhostFrog
I would much prefer if touchscreen play was made less viable or illegal. A touchscreen with multi-touch capabilities eliminates the requirement that you have to physically move from one note to the next, which completely ruins the aim portion of the game. It's basically playing tag coop with yourself.