forum

Streams - Cracking The Code

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
crud41
So I've been playing OSU for a while now, and no matter how much I try to practice doing streams, I always end up with a variety of beautiful colors, ranging from green, to orange, to pretty red X's that appear on my screen when I fail to recognize at what rate I should be doing streams at. So I was wondering, is there a specific way that you people know how fast to go on streams? I've been practicing for several months and still get utterly destroyed by streams, especially ones with sliders in between.
Vuelo Eluko
considering your top play is barely 2 stars, id say you're overreaching by doing streams already.
Noobsicle
master triples first

play more hards to start off
Gumpy
415pp (#168,830)
None of the maps in your top plays even have streams or difficult patterns.

Noobsicle wrote:

B1rd
don't even try practising. Just take a long break -> instant streaming.
Genki1000
why is everyone so serious about this game anyway
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

don't even try practising. Just take a long break -> instant streaming.
i remember my first run-in with 1/4 notes as a beginner, it was on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/211776&m=0 and it took me like 100 retries to get it.
E m i
by playing the game
Kwonaiden
I wouldn't worry about streams just yet.

Main thing like Noobiscle said is practice perfecting your triples first. When I first started I was like "Wtf how do people do these?!" and I still have trouble with them. It all comes with time. I cannot handle any stream beyond 15 before my fingers give way and I'm still trying all sorts to figure it out.

The beauty about this game is everything comes with time and before you realise it you just "get it" if you play enough. You will be able to do stuff you wasn't able to a month prev.

Just play more

singles sliders normal > Triples sliders singles hard > insanes + every messed up pattern you can imagine > streams and speed > Mods + everything else

Comes in stages, it will come.
Mystrian_old

Kwonaiden wrote:

every messed up pattern you can imagine
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/147910

Everyone get's better with time. Don't worry about it. I actually play worse now (so much that Im starting all the way at learning 2 star maps again) because i've been worrying about reading ar9's too much.
-sev
That title and the intro of the post was so dramatic I cried :(
Nathan

Noobsicle wrote:

Kouya-
Even to this day I still can't stream .

It's really depressing .
Yuudachi-kun
I'm 26k and I don't know how to stream. I can't even do triples. Help.
Kouya-

Kheldragar wrote:

Play more .
Yuudachi-kun

Kouya- wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Play more .
And I thought it was playing less that helped.
Mystrian_old

Kouya- wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Play more .
So...go offline and get better then go online and SS big black with 5 playcount?
Xayne

Kheldragar wrote:

Kouya- wrote:

Play more .
And I thought it was playing less that helped.
Hey, you asked for it.
Yuudachi-kun

Mystrian wrote:

So...go offline and get better then go online and SS big black with 5 playcount?
But I already have like 60 on the big black. :c