Total Posts
Topic Starter
CodeS

"TV adaptation of the online browser card battle game."
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21511/Kant ... :_KanColle

Game Wiki: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
Video Game Topic: t/165250&start=0

Topic to talk about the KanColle Anime

So, who saw the CamRip of the screening of the first episode??

SPOILER
In my opinion it was awesome.
That fucking sortie scene was out of this world, really, I got so hyped at Akagi and Kaga part.
Also the SoL bits were okey~ish, good thing most of the first episode was focused on the battle.

Also, nothing will ever top this scene: http://i.imgur.com/Z6BTqES.jpg
domSaur
i haven't... and i don't want to...

which is weird because i don't exactly hate spoilers myself.. the OP was fking eargasmic tho... waiting for ppl to map it c:
Topic Starter
CodeS

domSaur wrote:

i haven't... and i don't want to...

which is weird because i don't exactly hate spoilers myself.. the OP was fking eargasmic tho... waiting for ppl to map it c:
Well the Quality was like every other CamRip, but at least it was watcheable.

Also yeah, the OP is really great. I guess it's gonna spam a few maps, which is interesting, Kancolle doesn' seem as popular here as how it actually is.

Well, 2 days for the first episode, already saw the camrip but I'm anyway really hyped about it bcs HIGH QUALITY, gonna make a BBQ with some dudes who like Kancolle as much as I do to watch it together lol.

Mofu kun
I really want to play kancolle now
Gumpy
Now we have two good things out of it great art and an anime

But the game is meh imo
- Yuuto -
Finally there's someone who made this thread.

Really want to watch the anime!
domSaur
ep1 in a few hours..

i don't expect anything god-tier but hopefully it won't be an abbysal PoS :v
Gumpy
Might be one of the first time I watch an anime epsiode on release.
Juuryoushin
Oh, thanks for making a thread about that.

Every lucky player wants to watch his/her waifu in action, (or not) and that is probably the main raison of my hype personally.

Topic Starter
CodeS
SHIPGIRLS TIME!
IppE
I'm going to be really pissed if they don't introduce Musashi at some point of the show.

Also wth are the pilots in the planes?
Topic Starter
CodeS

IppE wrote:

I'm going to be really pissed if they don't introduce Musashi at some point of the show.

Also wth are the pilots in the planes?
Fairies?
I guess you don't play the game... I mean.. they're one of the most important aspect of the game lol.
also, The Type 99 Dive Bomber Fairy finally got inside the plane!

ALSO LOL THIS

SPOILER
do you guys notice how Yuubari is lagging behind in that last edit? that was awesome, I love all these jokes.
Jinxy
Had no expectations of it at first since most adaptations fall flat, but it wasn't unwatchable. I didn't dislike it, so that's a start.
domSaur
That Sortie deployment tho :o

and why do i have a feeling Akagi is going to sink towards the end? :v
Green Platinum
Absolutely no potential for anything good to come of this.
Kurogamii
pretty much

*continue playing kancolle*
AutoMedic
Pretty bad, I think
Leguna
sheesh, they should've put Kiso too
then again i think her seiyuu already occupied with Nagato,Shimakaze and Sendai. shame she lose to those three
Xytox
I don't really know what to say to be honest. The episode was filled with jokes and moments probably only actual KanColle players would understand, so undeniably I had a huge smile throughout the entire episode. But even so, the problems with it were pretty big.

As a few examples, I'll mention the occasionally terrible CG (and this is without mentioning how weird, and quite frankly, stupid in general it looks that the girls are skiing on the water) and how at times some of the girls didn't even have animations. I have to say gliding on the water as a single frame is not the prettiest. If you pay enough attention, there's also occasional clipping. One of the severe ones would be when Fubuki's leg goes straight through her skirt. You could call this nitpicking, and it's obviously not too bothersome yet, so I won't judge them that much for it for now.

We also have the last battle before the episode ended and its terrible pacing. It started pretty decent, even if boring, but turned into some weird thing that ended far too quickly. It confused me, if anything, since the boss apparently was so strong that the shield didn't burst, but then she just straight up died one second later.
I also have a hard time understanding why some of the fleets would just stand there and watch instead of actually helping out and - I don't know - shoot things. But I guess it resembles quite well how worthless CLs and DDs are in battle.

The slice of life part was pretty decent I guess, I could enjoy it since it was filled with fanservice. I'm genuinely interested in what the shipgirls would be doing when they are not out on a sortie, so I think it's fun to just see them do random stuff. But this anime definitely doesn't seem like something for a person who has never played the game before.

Regardless of its faults, this is definitely something I will be continuing watching though, if just for the fanservice and seeing waifuboat in action. But this start is mediocre at best with fanservice sprinkled on-top. It's something I expected though, so I'm far from disappointed. It has the fanservice I came for, so I will stay.

And to just say it once more: "fanservice"
Topic Starter
CodeS

Xytox wrote:

If you pay enough attention, there's also occasional clipping. One of the severe ones would be when Fubuki's leg goes straight through her skirt.
Edit:

I thought you said Hibiki, no Fubuki, disregard what was writen here.

There was a part when it looks like Hibiki legs goes thro the skirt, which is actually part of the anchor, and seems like they were lazy to add a layer to DoF (and to some of the clothes in the back too actually) which makes it look really similar to the leg.

Leguna wrote:

sheesh, they should've put Kiso too
then again i think her seiyuu already occupied with Nagato,Shimakaze and Sendai. shame she lose to those three

Yeah, Chuuni Ship would be awesome, I guess everyone is gonna make a cameo at some point, but having them all interact and so would be the best.

I watched the episode again today with popcorns, friends, and a BBQ. so frigging good, they were all "omg omg omg" at the sortie scene

rebecca <3

Also, I'm ok with this:

Evrien
While the intent of the anime is obviously to market the game further, I do feel that it also speaks to the already-existing community more, which may be the reason of how it's trying to play out the story right now.

Still I'm kind of worried that they might not put in Shigure...HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU SEPARATE THE PUPPIES!?
Topic Starter
CodeS

Evrien wrote:

While the intent of the anime is obviously to market the game further, I do feel that it also speaks to the already-existing community more, which may be the reason of how it's trying to play out the story right now.

Still I'm kind of worried that they might not put in Shigure...HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU SEPARATE THE PUPPIES!?
Oh Yeah, come on, she has to appear at some point.
I want to believe Poi will be modernized, tho I don't have a lot of expectations seeing as we already had a reference of:

THE NIGHTMARE OF SOLOMON.

show more