posted
Total Posts
show more
captin1
i'd vote for skype, seems like the simplest option to me and i use it the most
-Soba-
I use slack at work, it's pretty great
blissfulyoshi
As I said earlier, we are using this time to test things. Since I don't have much experience with Skype, someone else has to set up the group and invite everyone if we are ever planning to make the Skype group happen.
Skyhmer

blissfulyoshi wrote:

As I said earlier, we are using this time to test things. Since I don't have much experience with Skype, someone else has to set up the group and invite everyone if we are ever planning to make the Skype group happen.
I could easily do this unless someone would rather do it. I use skype daily so keeping a group running is a usual for me.
those
Then do it, and whoever you invite should invite everyone they know. Take initiative pls ok
Skyhmer
Alright then, Just wanted people to be aware first.
People can just message me their Skype or add kingsly.irehovbude on Skype so I can invite them to the group.
I'll need at least 2 people other then me before the group can actually be created.
Kitsunemimi
Not sure if that many people will see that post but I guess an official announcement can be made in the OP when the time comes.
Speaking of which, I still really think we should get a vote started.

By the way, for Skype, it can be a bit of a hassle with lots of people in a single group, so what you should be able to do (I think) is turn off push notifications for specific chats in all of the mobile apps. Then again, I think Skype has the worst apps of all of the chat services that we've covered so far, so that is a small downside to it.
For the PC, you can change notification settings and even use highlights if you go to Conversation > Notification Settings, from the menu bar up top. The dialog should look like this.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Skype highlights match within words, rather than whole words, so in my example, pretty much all of the highlights except for the first two end up being redundant. The same is not true for Slack, to my knowledge.
mits
I probably didn't read something, though where exactly will the meetup take place?

Would be pretty efficient if it were at Sheraton, haha.
Maji
There's no planned place as of now, but last year we met up at Sheraton then went elsewhere from there.
Bzer
im coming on sunday! RIP me missed saturday tickets ;_____;
KRZY
Anyone who's coming from the Boston area? And/Or anyone who's going to be there on Thursday?
YTYuyu

KRZY wrote:

Anyone who's coming from the Boston area? And/Or anyone who's going to be there on Thursday?
i'll be there. idk about the others :(
Topic Starter
Haneii
Finally caught up on updating this thread. I've tried to add all the new attendees that posted on the last couple of pages. Please post or message me if you don't see your name there. It's important that your name is up there so we know who to send pms to with con/meet-up information

Also added the poll. Please vote!

[If you haven't been added to a communication group (ie: hangouts, skype, or slack) and you would like to, post in the thread and someone here will pm you requesting your email/skype name and add you to the group]
TrickMirror
Don't have a ticket, but I wouldn't mind popping up and saying hello if people want to meet anywhere I don't need one.
oOFrostOo
Just bought a sunday ticket,

might buy one for friday if my school board strikes
uzzi

oOFrostOo wrote:

Yo that's almost the whole Uzzibola squad!!~!@
oOFrostOo

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

oOFrostOo wrote:

poor Omar :(
Flandre-

oOFrostOo wrote:

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

poor Omar :(
rip V I N X I S

we didn't listen to enough VINXIS
Topic Starter
Haneii
Approved

those
I'll join you.
mits
Wow would it be great if this were at Sheraton.

I'm attending another event there and it wouldn't be hard to find you guys once after. :)
KRZY
O shit now this thing is official

add me to the Skype or w/e you guys are doing plz

Also would Byakugan249 or anyone else be interested in a drink or two on Thursday? We'll have alternatives for minors I'm sure, just don't know what at this moment
-Soba-

KRZY wrote:

Also would Byakugan249 or anyone else be interested in a drink or two on Thursday? We'll have alternatives for minors I'm sure, just don't know what at this moment
could we turn that Thursday into a Friday
KRZY

-Soba- wrote:

KRZY wrote:

could we turn that Thursday into a Friday
We can do it both days
YTYuyu
we'll see about that. minus the drinking portion. i wanna stay sober free for the rest of my life if i can, however i don't mind hanging out.
kaetwo
i'm coming on thursday for hotel. i wouldn't mind a drink. 'd be a nice start to the con
those
I can contribute, but if we meet up Thursday, what do we do for the entirety of Friday before the con?
-Soba-

those wrote:

I can contribute, but if we meet up Thursday, what do we do for the entirety of Friday before the con?
Drink more
KRZY
I was actually thinking about looking around Toronto, despite many Canadians telling me there isn't much

I'm pretty sure there's like something
banger_old_1
There's like two things
kaetwo

KRZY wrote:

I was actually thinking about looking around Toronto, despite many Canadians telling me there isn't much

well truth is, uptown, downtown, and even out of town, there isn't really much. only thing i can think of is wonderland, but meh.
KRZY
Also wanted to let ppl here know that I'm buying a Saturday ticket, if you have one for Saturday and somehow something happens before the event that makes you unable to attend, I'm very very interested.
Zerostarry

KRZY wrote:

there isnt
Yoshi_green

KRZY wrote:

Our subway system is the absolute best joke of the city
Topic Starter
Haneii

KRZY wrote:

How long are you staying?

Anyways, here are some suggestions:

CN tower (inb4 a waste of time and money, but if you've never been in toronto, at least go once. Go with someone, take pics, make memories~)

Toronto Zoo

Ripley's Aquarium - I went a couple days ago. I had lots of fun goofing about and taking pics.

Royal Ontario Museum and the Ontario science centre (I had more fun at the latter)

Take the ferry to toronto islands

Wonderland

Downtown shopping/walking/food/live music halls

Beer academy

FOOD - so many restaurants, so little time.
blissfulyoshi
Since my roomate told me to pick up Amiibos while in Canada, where is the nearest place to the convention center I can find some xD?
those
They sell at Walmarts, Best Buy, etc.
KRZY

Haneii wrote:

How long are you staying?

Anyways, here are some suggestions:

CN tower (inb4 a waste of time and money, but if you've never been in toronto, at least go once. Go with someone, take pics, make memories~)

Toronto Zoo

Ripley's Aquarium - I went a couple days ago. I had lots of fun goofing about and taking pics.

Royal Ontario Museum and the Ontario science centre (I had more fun at the latter)

Take the ferry to toronto islands

Wonderland

Downtown shopping/walking/food/live music halls

Beer academy

FOOD - so many restaurants, so little time.
I think I have a full day and a half to look around, so I'll probably be able to do most of what's here. Thank you so much!
Teshi
I might show up with a couple friends of mine. I only know two of you people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
those
Next thing you know, you'll know 20. Then 40.
show more