Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
those
The triangle era
kaetwo

YodaSnipe wrote:

I want a button with Trust's face on it.
i shouldve gotten a hundred of those instead
blissfulyoshi
Well we still have time to print Trust stickers to put on them.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Kaetwo wrote:

hey guys guess what? theres a hundred of these
Yay! Thanks, Kaetwo!

Wish AN would just get here already >.> Can someone fast forward April, please :p
Flandre-
I bought my tickets for Saturday and Sunday + a hotel, so I'm going for sure now! #hype

I keep having random dreams about AN every once in a while lol
Also those buttons look great
FlamingRok
The flashbacks are coming back full force. The hype has only begun.
Topic Starter
Haneii
Heads up for those heading early on Thursday

Anime North 2015 wrote:

Announcing the Night Zero Dance

Are you checking into your hotel on the Thursday before Anime North, or simply picking your badge on Thursday to beat the crowds? Come on out to the new Night Zero Dance! Thursday evening, International Ballroom A of the International Plaza Hotel, times TBA. Hosted by The Keith & Gary Show and DJ Nick A from the Friday Night J-Rave. Watch the Anime North website for more details as they are released. Hope to see you there!!
noahstorm
Hi! Im coming to Anime North too!
Maji
how dare you break the ten day silence
Lytessill

Kaetwo wrote:

Did we have to reserve the buttons or can we still buy them from you?
kaetwo

Lytessill wrote:

Kaetwo wrote:

Did we have to reserve the buttons or can we still buy them from you?
nope, its for free, and first come first serve - which 100 should be more than plenty i assume
truonant
I have my weekend pass so i'll be attending all 3 days.
mits
I'll more than likely be there on the Sunday; will be busy at a panel the first two.
Lytessill
Just curious but how much do you guys normally spend on food? I'm broke as !@#$ this year and want to know how much i'm gonna starve :(
YTYuyu

Lytessill wrote:

Just curious but how much do you guys normally spend on food? I'm broke as !@#$ this year and want to know how much i'm gonna starve :(
if you mean the dinner, usually between 10-20. last year we had to split the difference by paying around 4-5 bucks to the person who bought the pizza and that's Yoda ><. the whole weekend... personally for me, i'd say 20-40 bucks. if possible less than 20. idk about others :?
Navizel

Lytessill wrote:

Only had Subway last year so around 10. It was good enough for me at least.
Yoshi_green

Lytessill wrote:

The amount of money that you have to spend on food (in CAD) should be less than the amount of time spent waiting for it (in minutes)
Otherwise you're probablyyy doing something wrong
banger_old_1
I waited an hour for boston pizza and regret every minute of it
Topic Starter
Haneii
Pack your own snacks/lunch! Can we have a picnic? Can I make this a thing? Can I throw a sandwich building party? Anyone?

1. Who's going to be at the con for Thursday pick up and/or Thursday night at their hotel ?

2. Google hangouts? Yes? Bliiiiiissssssss Haaaalllllpppp!

3.How to style and colour a lace front wig
YTYuyu
you know i'm gonna be there on Thursday for the pick-up haha :P
kaetwo
i'm there for hotel and maybe pick up if i don't feel lazy
blissfulyoshi
Haneii, pm me your g-mail, so I can do a test run.
Lytessill

Haneii wrote:

1. Who's going to be at the con for Thursday pick up and/or Thursday night at their hotel ?
I will be there Thursday. Anyone going to that dance thing Thursday night?
banger_old_1
Going Thursday hoping that the lines won't be TOO long
YTYuyu

Cethin wrote:

Going Thursday hoping that the lines won't be TOO long
don't get your hopes up. it's gonna be long. last year myself, Yoda, Princess and Raiden had to wait around an hour for our passes, js.
blissfulyoshi
1 hour is nothing. On the early day pickup for AX last year, the ticket machines broke down, so some people waited 6 hours to get their pass. The day before that, on the first day, I waited 5 hours to get my pass, so yeah.... 1 hour is nothing xD.
Kitsunemimi
I know there's a Google Hangouts thing that's just about to happen but... well...
...um

Would anyone prefer to use Skype instead? I'm personally a lot more familiar with the platform and I know a lot of people who do use Skype (rather than Hangouts).
blissfulyoshi
I don't know if we will continue with Hangouts or not, as I stated in various places, I just want to get people to a platform first to get the ball rolling and test the platform. We can use that information to decide our final platform.

As for other updates, I sent a Hangout invite to everyone on the current sign up except Kannagi Miyabi, nanerb555 (MethClass), and Trust because of technical difficulties and lack of knowledge of correct username. If you still want an invite, pm me your Google User Account, and I'll add you in.

Also, if anyone wants to compare platforms, max users in a group chat: (this is not reflective of how platforms perform, but since we should have space for at least 50 ppl in the group, Facebook is out of the question imo)
Hangouts: 150
Whatsapp: 100
Facebook: 50
KRZY
Yeah I'm going to this too can't miss Asapon

I probably don't wanna meet up with 50+ people but if you know me and would like to see me feel free to, I'll be there for the whole 3 days

May 22 is my birthday! Same as the Futami twins!
YTYuyu
omg i didn't think you'd be coming KRZY. looking forward to see you there :D
blissfulyoshi
Just some stats for people. I currently have 22 people (including myself) join the Google Hangouts chat. If you want to be invited in, just pm or anyone else on the list to add you to the chat.
those
Didn't get anything from you via email
blissfulyoshi
I added you to the group already those, strange..., going to do a quick test pm.

Edit: Just sent.

Edit 2: If you have any technical issues with Hangouts, please ask immediately, so I can help you resolve it.

Edit 3: Just talked to those, and we resolved his connection issues. Here is his advice: "If you don't see anyone else in the chat, ...you'd have to look through the invite menu to find the invitation" Hopefully that advice helps someone.
Kitsunemimi

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Would anyone prefer to use Skype instead? I'm personally a lot more familiar with the platform and I know a lot of people who do use Skype (rather than Hangouts).
Bump.
Maji
I like skype
blissfulyoshi
Kitsunemimi, I don't know how to use Skype as well, so if you want to use Skype, can you facilitate the group joining of it?

Since some people have been asking how to join the hangouts group, here is a quick guide to accept the invite through the web client.

Guide
1. Click on your name on the left hand profile

2. Click on invites
3. Click on the chat you were invited to

4. A box should open up on the bottom left asking you to accept or ignore, press accept.
banger_old_1

Bok Choi wrote:

I like skype
Topic Starter
Haneii
Anyone want to try Slack out?

- Slack offers one-on-one messaging, private groups, persistent chat rooms, direct messaging as well as group chats organized by topic.
- Unlimited number of users
- Slack provides apps for iOS, Android, and Windows. Slack also provides a Web version accessible from a browser.

I've already started the group. If you'd like to try it out, message me your email and I'll send you an invite. I really like the idea of different set channels (ie: Want to suggest a panel to go to? Let others know what panels others are headed to? Wondering what panels fellow osu! members are currently headed to? Check out #panels!)

pmon
heard of slack, haven't tried. Same with hangouts, haven't used before. Would prefer Skype.
Topic Starter
Haneii
A Skype group will be set up soon, however I'm pretty sure a lot of you here have used it to some extent and are already familiar with it.

I'd appreciate it if people would just check out/try the alternatives (if applicable) and give feedback/comparisons/opinions etc...

I'll put up a poll once we near the end of the month.
show more