forum

Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Haneii
YTYuyu
damn at this rate it might be gone by mid February, if not earlier. i don't have to worry since my registration went through last Monday \o/
Azer
even more excited now

- Jonathanlfj, May 2014

Scanline
Was there a meet up for osu players last year?
Or is this brand new?
Anyways, I'm going again this year, it was my first time last year and I enjoyed the con so much. It will be cool to see some of the higher ranked guys and gals this year.
Navizel
There was
p/2903378/
Scanline

Navizel wrote:

There was
p/2903378/
Ahh man too bad I don't pay enough attention to the forums :(
Flandre-
I'm going again this year so you can add me to the list thing
Flandre-
Also just a suggestion, but we may want to plan the meetups better than we did last year lol, I remember being in a panic last year because I couldn't find anyone and didn't have any service to check my messages.. so I almost missed the meetup. Maybe this year we could set a more specific place and wait 10-15min for people to get there if they happen to be running late. (just a suggestion!)
Topic Starter
Haneii

Flandredevil9 wrote:

Maybe this year we could set a more specific place and wait 10-15min for people to get there if they happen to be running late. (just a suggestion!)
Noted.

Any other suggestions/feedback from last year, anyone? It was pretty hectic and it seems that this year we'll get even more people!

Do you guys still feel that Sheraton is an okay/big enough place to have meetups?
Volkke
Bought my tickets already. I am going!
Pawsu
ahh, you misread my post, I said "I wish I could come. ;~;" I didn't mean that I was going lol, remove me off D:
although I realyl do wish I could come :ccccc
Topic Starter
Haneii

CanadianPaws wrote:

ahh, you misread my post, I said "I wish I could come. ;~;" I didn't mean that I was going lol, remove me off D:
although I realyl do wish I could come :ccccc

LOL, well it wasn't me. Guess one of the mods REALLY wants you there ;)
Contralyss
I'm probably going! As in 90% yes. (hi Haneii)
Yoshi_green
I'll be coming too :D I should be rather easy to spot, just look for an asian guy wearing green.

oh and @Kaetwo, do you mind giving me a png of the new osu! logo? I can't find it for the life of me ;w;

As for communications, I suggest an app called WhatsApp. It's a free messaging app for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc. and it allows people to text without having to pay for SMS (for international people too), and you can send quick audio/video messages and images, it's pretty convenient.

Not sure how viable this is, but Haneii agreed with me that this is a good idea. Any thoughts on this?

---

where's Yoda D:

Giralda crossplay again plz
blissfulyoshi
tbh, I would rather not use WhatsApp because I don't want to install it xD (if ppl want to use it, fine, I'll install it). I just feel it does nothing better than what the other companies provide (Google and Microsoft/Skype).
Topic Starter
Haneii

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I just feel it does nothing better than what the other companies provide (Google and Microsoft/Skype).
I'm not so sure about that. It could be my iPhone, but Skype is not reliable when it comes to messages (for me). Sometimes I get notifications instantly...and sometimes I get them hours later orz. I've never tried WhatsApp but I've only heard good things about it (from friends nagging me to get it over the years XD I'd always just forget about it). I'd like to hear more opinions from others (on WhatsApp or any of the other platforms suggested so far).

Thanks for the suggestion Yoshi_green!

KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS/OPINIONS COMING PEOPLE!

Contralyss wrote:

I'm probably going! As in 90% yes. (hi Haneii)
(Hi Contralyss :oops: )
blissfulyoshi
I guess I live in the most Google centered universe her, since most of my friends would just Google hangouts on our phones to talk (including the iPhone user). Besides that, facebook messenger worked fine when I was forced to use it with another group of friends (admittedly, one person still had a dumb phone, so that was a bit annoying)

Edit: While not very important, Whatsapp pc integration looks lackluster. In case someone wanted to communicate to anyone through the pc because they brought a laptop.
kaetwo
@Yoshi - https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/50 ... NmqiSi.png

We could try using Whatsapp, as long as there's group chat. But nowadays, everything has group chat.
Shiro-
Wow can i go to the meetup without a AN pass? Short on money this time :c
Yoshi_green

Kaetwo wrote:

@Yoshi - https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/50 ... NmqiSi.png
Thanks! \o

Shiro- wrote:

We'll be most likely meeting in the Sheraton, which doesn't require a pass, but you'll be missing out on the merchandise and all that (wow, paying money to pay more money??)
Shiro-

Yoshi_green wrote:

Shiro- wrote:

We'll be most likely meeting in the Sheraton, which doesn't require a pass, but you'll be missing out on the merchandise and all that (wow, paying money to pay more money??)

I wanna buy things but moneyzzzzzzz. Since i can go to the meetup without a ticket ill probably show up then. Maybe I'll persuade my parents to buy me a ticket this week :P. Well see ;D
YTYuyu

Flandredevil9 wrote:

i'm guessing your sister will be with you as always right? o.o
Syus_old
I may come ><
Topic Starter
Haneii

Syus wrote:

I may come ><
yay!

You better not ditch us for league :U

Come to meet and I'll glomp love you forever

Azer wrote:

even more excited now

- Jonathanlfj, May 2014

Promised artwork. Secret to becoming pro.
Zerostarry

Haneii wrote:

Syus wrote:

I may come ><
yay!

You better not ditch us for league :U

Come to meet and I'll glomp love you forever
i'll love you more! :P
Flandre-

Byakugan249 wrote:

Flandredevil9 wrote:

i'm guessing your sister will be with you as always right? o.o
Yeah she will most likely be there this year as well
Kairi
I'm not sure if I could attend anymore so take me off the list..
-Soba-
I might go if things don't change between now and then
uzzi

-Soba- wrote:

I might go if things don't change between now and then
Same boat here. Sounds like this could be fun!
FlamingRok
As of Feb 07, there are less than 1,000 Weekend/Group admissions left for sale.
YTYuyu
orz it's been almost a month since i registered...the deduction went through, but i didn't get my confirmation form yet :(
halomaster777X
I will be there representing Rhythm Gamers At Ryerson (RGAR) and as unofficial staff of the rhythm game room (close friends with the person in charge of the rhythm game room).

I'm willing to help out with this meetup or at least with anything happening within the rhythm game room. :D
Gundam-Dude
will be attending again but as usual I'll probably be chilling in the rhythm game room most of the time

if you see a ryougi shiki cosplayer with glasses, dat's me yo
Shiro-
Noooo the tickets..... I need one soon :c
NTRSOUND

Shiro- wrote:

I can spot you and you can pay me back later.
Shiro-

NTRRR wrote:

Shiro- wrote:

I can spot you and you can pay me back later.
Confirmed i'm going for the whole weekend now :P.
Chippy
I need people to room with and then I can go like almost for sure. Plshelp
blissfulyoshi
Since I booked alone, I guess I have a extra spot on the bed Chippy xD (no guarantees, but I think I can let you room with me)
Chippy

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Since I booked alone, I guess I have a extra spot on the bed Chippy xD (no guarantees, but I think I can let you room with me)
Aight sweet, if anyone else has like a guaranteed spot I'd appreciate it.
-Soba-
well I bought a ticket so I'm at least hopefully going
show more